DO WE HAVE TO KEEP THE LAW

Right Divider

Body part
I like the law. It is my friend. The law is only a threat in a graceless religion. I don't have to be perfect. I just need grace.
You have a very strange way of understanding.

Do you think that you keep the 10 commandments? Do you think that they were given to you?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Could you please explain what you mean by these statements. If I understand you correctly we are in the last days and we don't know when our last day will be so we should always be ready.
I just noticed your question. Yes, we are in the last days before the kingdom, but the "Last Day" is a specific time.

On the Last Day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried out, saying, “If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink. He who believes in Me, as the Scripture has said, out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.”

But this He spoke concerning the Spirit, whom those believing in Him would receive; for the Holy Spirit was not yet given because Jesus was not yet glorified. (John 7:37-39)​

The Last Day Jesus referred to is the Eighth Day of Leviticus 23:39.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
As for two resurrections, I assume you mean that when we are added to Christ our soul is saved from death and then after we die our soul is saved from Hell fire.

Nope. Those in the first resurrection are blessed and holy and not subject to the second death (Revelation 20:6).

The first resurrection occurs at Christ's coming and a thousand years later the rest of the dead are raised (Revelation 20:5).

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Which part of the law do you want to break?

Which do you have to keep?
:chz4brnz:

"...Though God’s moral laws remain, neither ritualistic nor ceremonial laws are in effect today (Neh 10:32, Ac 15:1-29, Heb 9:10, Eph 2:15, Col 2:20).

Paul wrote:

What should we say then? Should we continue in sin so that grace may multiply? Absolutely not! How can we who died to sin still live in it? Ro 6:1–2

Jesus said:

The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. Therefore whatever they tell you to observe, that observe and do, but do not do according to their works; for they say, and do not do (Mt 23:2–3, emphasis mine).

Men are to follow the law but not all of the extra 600 some ordinances—they are not of God..." Full text: What are tither`s rights? Apples of Gold Bible Study

iouae

Satan's got you fooled.

See:

The Bible's Criminal Code by Bob Enyart

Hi Serpentdove

Like I said at the start, in Christ's kingdom when all are basically obeying the law, then the full OT law could be implemented for the good of all. But if one were to try to impose it on this world today, most would immediately earn the death penalty. That is why I believe Christ did not condemn the woman caught in adultery. She was doing what most in that and our day were doing. Even the Pharisees slunk away because even they were worthy of death. It just took a little supernatural conviction and revealing of their sins.

Right Divider

Body part
Do you believe we are the firstfruits of the Spirit? (Romans 8:23)

Do you believe the firstfruits are symbolized by the 144,000 in Revelation 14:4?
Another one that thinks they are pretty smart by answering questions with questions.

Why don't you read is as it is written, instead of try to change the meaning?
Rom 8:23 And not only [they], but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, [to wit], the redemption of our body.

It says that we HAVE it, and NOT that we ARE it!

So, since you messed with the verse in the first question, your second question is COMPLETELY off-base.

No, the 144,000 come from the TWELVE tribes of ISRAEL.

They are first described here:
Rev 7:4-8 (AKJV/PCE)
(7:4) And I heard the number of them which were sealed: [and there were] sealed an hundred [and] forty [and] four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel. (7:5) Of the tribe of Juda [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad [were] sealed twelve thousand. (7:6) Of the tribe of Aser [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nepthalim [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses [were] sealed twelve thousand. (7:7) Of the tribe of Simeon [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar [were] sealed twelve thousand. (7:8) Of the tribe of Zabulon [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin [were] sealed twelve thousand.

It's totally clear and unambiguous.

Right Divider

Body part
If thou wilt enter into life keep the commandments Matt 19:17 meaning the BIG 10.

I am a Christian. Surprised that you did not get the memo that Christians are supposed to keep the commandments. Grace just covers slip-ups.
You could not possibly be more wrong.

You're classic of a large segment of "Christianity" that thinks they're pretty "good" and just need a "little help" from God.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
"But if one were to try to impose it on this world today, most would immediately earn the death penalty..."
Are most
emoticones_gestos_cruzando-los-dedos2_en.PlanetaEmoticon.com.gif
committing: murder, adultery and rape? :listen: Maybe that's because we are not putting: murderers, adulterers and rapists to death. :plain: If we all of the sudden implement a biblical code of justice, we are all of the sudden :CRASH: ISIS? :dizzy:

You want to run our just-a-system based on what
emoticones_gestos_cruzando-los-dedos2_en.PlanetaEmoticon.com.gif
most people are doing?

"That is why I believe Christ did not condemn the woman caught in adultery."
He can forgive her. He's God. :plain: What does that have to do with a biblical code of justice? :poly:
"She was doing what most in that and our day were doing."
And you thought that meant to send all: murders, adulterers and rapists back out on the streets with a serving of orange glazed chicken? You're sure going to make a criminal happy today? :BRAVO:
"Even the Pharisees slunk away because even they were worthy of death. It just took a little supernatural conviction and revealing of their sins."
Do you more or less: murder, adultery and rape? :juggle: Eccl 10:2, Jn 10:10

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If thou wilt enter into life keep the commandments Matt 19:17 meaning the BIG 10.

I am a Christian. Surprised that you did not get the memo that Christians are supposed to keep the commandments. Grace just covers slip-ups.

The Gentiles were never given the Law nor did they live under the Law. We still don't.

turbosixx

This is faulty thinking on your part. Just because salvation is by grace through faith doesn't mean that all are saved. You must believe to have the righteousness of God upon you yet it is unto all.

Romans 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Romans 3:22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

That righteousness is revealed in the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)/the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth. (Romans 1:16-17 KJV).

Your problem is unbelief.

Your logic is faulty because you fail to recognize that when Paul says "without the law" he is talking about the law of Moses. No one can be saved by the law of Moses.

turbosixx

I just noticed your question. Yes, we are in the last days before the kingdom,

I believe we are in the kingdom now. Jesus said it was at hand and Paul said we are transferred to it.

Col. 1:13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,