Did Jesus and Paul preach the same thing?

SaulToPaul 2

So, Because S2P has no idea how to do exegesis, he misses the point.

"To do exegesis" is such a pompous phrase.

But, as a co-graduate of The Institute of Eisegesis and Sloppy Exegesis of Akron Ohio with saint john w the great, this is to be expected.

Samie

I don't know you Samie but G.O. is a dishonest punk. Won't deal straight with you. Asks endless evasive questions, then ignores direct questions he can't answer. Also lies when arguing against the concept of the Trinity. Take him seriously and you'll end up wasting your time. Just FYI.
Thanks for the info, brother.

john w

Hall of Fame
"To do exegesis" is such a pompous phrase.

But, as a co-graduate of The Institute of Eisegesis and Sloppy Exegesis of Akron Ohio with saint john w the great, this is to be expected.

You underestimate the potential to be influenced by a preconceived theology. If you took time to understand church history and hermeneutics, you might be able to think more critically. You need to exegeted relevant passages. I am satisfied that the Breenite proof texts re. weighing in do not stand up to contextual and grammatical study. Your arguments are more emotional than exegetical. This is not an issue of spiritual discernment .It is about discarding your hobby horses, straw men, and wooden literalisms, using grammatical, contextual, historical, theological, cultural, literal principles (hermeneutics/exegesis).

May I suggest a church approved NT commentary?

Samie

When were people born again?
NAS 1 Peter 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His great mercy has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead

We all were born again, that is, made alive spiritually, when Christ resurrected.

All - being His body - died when Christ died, and were all resurrected when Christ rose from the grave.

musterion

I think exegeting is what causes the mange, Dr. Pendyke Musty....

C'mere, ya big lug . . .

maxresdefault.jpg

john w

Hall of Fame
C'mere, ya big lug . . .

maxresdefault.jpg

I feel a new anointing, dropping down on you, as dew does from the heavens!!!! Puh-raayyyyyyyyyyyyyyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz the Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd! Give Him a shout, saints!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

john w

Hall of Fame
Blow the holy shofar! Wait, where's the shofar? Ah well.

eb09eeba16e38b7df4ef366a5ad7e1ef.jpg

You are way ahead of me, Musty....Let me ketchup......Wait....My word of knowledge...I see a man, in Philadelphia, with a blood condition...Wait.......It's a miracle!!!!!!!!!!!!No, it's ketchup!!!!!!!!!Puh rayyyyyyyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesus!!!!!!!!!!!!

With me, so far/shofar?

latest

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Matthew 3:9
And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.

Luke 7:50
And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

Luke 18:42
And Jesus said unto him, Receive thy sight: thy faith hath saved thee.

John 10:28
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

John 10:29
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Acts 11:16
Then remembered I the word of the Lord, how that he said, John indeed baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost.

John 14:2 |
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

John 14:3
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

John 10:28
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

John 10:29
My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Bump.:luigi:

ClimateSanity

Did Jesus and Paul preach the same thing?

Paul said he had the mind of Christ which means he preached what Christ inspired him to preach.
(1 Corinthians 2:16)

We can't divide Christ from Christ.

Christ has different purposes. This does not divide him.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Did Peter lie when he said people were born again...

Peter did not say born again. Here is what he actually said:

...being begotten again... (1 Peter 1:23 YLT)​

No one has been born again other than Jesus by his definition.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, Paul taught what he received by revelation from Jesus.
[h=1]Galatians 1:11-12 King James Version (KJV)[/h]
11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
​​​​​​

oatmeal

Show where Jesus preached what Paul preached in regard to salvation. Musterion had asked this of GT in another thread. I believe it deserves a thread all its own. This is the list of things Paul preached regarding our salvation. Musty provided it. Can anyone show from what Jesus taught any of these things? You must make your case.

(a) both Jews and Gentiles could now be saved on the same basis of grace through faith

(b) without any works to get or stay saved

(c) completely apart from national Israel

(d) with Jews and Gentiles becoming co-equal members of Christ's Body

(e) with a heavenly (not earthly) destiny,

(f) who are impossible to ever be separated from Him.

GT provided these two verses. Can anyone show how these verses teach anything on that list?
John 12:32 And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself."

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

No. They did not.

Jesus was a minister to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.Israel while he was fulfilling the law.

Since Jesus fulfilled the law, we are no longer under the law for righteousness.

Paul, by revelation instructs us how to live by grace not by the law