Did God become flesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rosenritter

:up:

They like attacking the strawman....The trinitarian accepts and believes all those verses they use as prooftexts....the non trin doesn't accept Jesus saying "I AM" or Thomas saying "MY LORD AND MY GOD"

Pathetic..

I am not Trinitarian and I am using those specific passages in this discussion.

Rosenritter

Who is His Father?

Proverbs 30:1-4 KJV
(1) The words of Agur the son of Jakeh, even the prophecy: the man spake unto Ithiel, even unto Ithiel and Ucal,
(2) Surely I am more brutish than any man, and have not the understanding of a man.
(3) I neither learned wisdom, nor have the knowledge of the holy.
(4) Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

Jesus has ascended up into heaven,
The Word of God established the ends of the earth,and when he was manifest in the flesh we called him Jesus.
His name is God, and we called the Son of God Jesus.

God "manifest in the flesh" = "the Son of" God

Rosenritter

Do you find God's name in Hebrew or Aramaic? I am not thinking there is an Aramaic waw.

Exodus 6:2-3 KJV
(2) And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD:
(3) And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

God's name is whatever he gives us to call him by. At one point in time he used the name God Almighty. Later in time he used the name JEHOVAH (YHWH). Now he has given us the name Jesus.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Exodus 6:2-3 KJV
(2) And God spake unto Moses, and said unto him, I am the LORD:
(3) And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.

God's name is whatever he gives us to call him by. At one point in time he used the name God Almighty. Later in time he used the name JEHOVAH (YHWH). Now he has given us the name Jesus.
Yod Hey Vav Hey YHVH is Yahveh.

Dartman

Proverbs 30:1-4 KJV
(1) The words of Agur the son of Jakeh, even the prophecy: the man spake unto Ithiel, even unto Ithiel and Ucal,
(2) Surely I am more brutish than any man, and have not the understanding of a man.
(3) I neither learned wisdom, nor have the knowledge of the holy.
(4) Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

Jesus has ascended up into heaven,
The Word of God established the ends of the earth,and when he was manifest in the flesh we called him Jesus.
His name is God, and we called the Son of God Jesus.

God "manifest in the flesh" = "the Son of" God
You didn't answer the question;

Who is his Father?

Dartman

:up:

They like attacking the strawman....The trinitarian accepts and believes all those verses they use as prooftexts....the non trin doesn't accept Jesus saying "I AM" or Thomas saying "MY LORD AND MY GOD"

Pathetic..
Not one trinitarian/oneness person has EVER provided;
1) any sermon from Scripture explaining their Jesus. And Paul warns against "another Jesus" that the apostles didn't preach.

2) Any Scripture that states, explains or preaches ANY of the tenets unique to the trinity/oneness theories.

Your proof texts are merely verses that are worded in such a way, that they MIGHT mean what you believe ..... IF you ignore the rest of Scriptures.

The verses you claim to accept and believe contradict your theory.

drbrumley

1) any sermon from Scripture explaining their Jesus. And Paul warns against "another Jesus" that the apostles didn't preach.

2) Any Scripture that states, explains or preaches ANY of the tenets unique to the trinity/oneness theories.

Your proof texts are merely verses that are worded in such a way, that they MIGHT mean what you believe ..... IF you ignore the rest of Scriptures.

The verses you claim to accept and believe contradict your theory.

Pardon me while I don't take your word for it.

Dartman

Pardon me while I don't take your word for it.
No problem.
Now all you need to do is provide the required verses.
(We both know you can't.... in fact, no one can)

drbrumley

No, denying trinitarian/oneness desperate attempt to fabricate evidence.

You merely highlighted the wrong part of the sentence ...... since both Jehovah, and Jesus are discussing a current condition, Like "I AM sick of your deception".

Jesus CURRENTLY exists before Abraham was .... in God's plan, promises and prophecy.
Jehovah CURRENTLY exists as .... THE BEING.

Oh, so clear now. Jesus says "Before Abraham, I AM, but really he is saying "I AM sick of your deception".

:rotfl: One can't make this stuff up folks...

Dartman

Oh, so clear now. Jesus says "Before Abraham, I AM, but really he is saying "I AM sick of your deception".
Nope, "I AM sick of your deception" was merely an example of how "I am" is used in a sentence. You may have seen in sentences before, the word "Like".In this context, "Like" informs the reader that the following is an example.
What Jesus is saying is exactly what he said. He IS before Abraham was. He CURRENTLY exists, before Abraham existed.
Jesus had JUST said, "Abraham SAW MY DAY, and was glad".
First, Jesus did NOT say "Abraham saw ME".
He said "saw (past tense) my day (standing right in front of the Jews that day).
How did Abraham "see" Jesus' day?
The promises.
Jehovah/YHVH told Abraham about Jesus (Gal 3:8-29.
Jehovah/YHVH told Enoch about Jesus. (Jude 1:14,15)
Jehovah/YHVH told Eve about Jesus. (Gen 3:15)
Jesus is a "bigger deal" than even Abraham! And Abraham looked forward to Christ's "Day".

Dartman

I did answer the question.
Jesus is the Word of God and was God, He came in the flesh as a man.
No, you replied ..... but you didn't answer the question;

If he IS the source of the words, and he said "I am NOT"...... What would YOU call that????

john w

Hall of Fame
.... how sad.

Personal attacks are a telltale sign of desperation, due to an utter LACK of good evidence.

Matt 26:59 Now the chief priests, and elders, and all the council, sought false witness against Jesus, to put him to death;

"Personal" attacks, you quip? As opposed to "impersonal" attacks?

Stuff your cry baby, persecution complex, and anti-biblical, "Don't attack!!!," as you made it up, as that antichrist "doctrine," like your fake "Jesus," is nowhere to be found in the bible. but, then again, you are an admitted bible corrector/mystic/agnostic, bot a bible believer.

Slower...

That is the best standard, stock cliche, that you could come up, from GOOG it? Weighty.

Yes, Christ rejector, I attack wolves, vipers, brood of vipers, serpents , children of the devil, perverters of the gospel of Christ, dogs,................................such as you, as the Lord jesus Christ, Paul, Peter, ...................did, exposing them, marking them, identifying them, as commanded by the LORD God, to protect the babes/sheep, from your "spiritually" raping them, devouring them.

That is biblical. Of course, you wouldn't know that, or the difference between the book of Jude, and "Hey, Jude," by the Beatles, as bible believers, in contrast to bible rejectors/correctors/mystics/agnostics, such as yourself, survey, and study the book, and its details, as it as a book of details.

Leave our territory, wolfie.

John 2 KJV
15 and when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers’ money, and overthrew the tables;

john w

Hall of Fame

neither can a dead man raise Himself from the dead.

Why did you lie? Your motivation?

John 10 KJV

17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

John 5 KJV
21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. 22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

John 2 KJV
19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

John 11 KJV
25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26 and whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Revelation KJV
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Survey the book, as it testifies that God the Father, and the Holy Spirit, and the Lord Jesus Christ Himself raised Him from the dead, as all 3 person of the Godhead were "involved in," participated in, were responsible for the resurrection, just as all 3 were involved in the creation, salvation.

Thanks for confirming the doctrine of "The Trinity."

Rosenritter

Yod Hey Vav Hey YHVH is Yahveh.

Our Creator of the heavens and the earth is the same Creator no matter which language comes installed and wired in our brain and regardless of whether one can speak Hebrew, Greek, English, Chinese, Korean, or sign language. He is the same no matter which name he uses or whether we we can pronounce ancient or unknown tongues.

YHWH, Yod Hey Vav Hey, Jehovah, LORD, the Almighty, the Rock, Almighty, Redeemer, Yah, Yeshua, Jesus, : do tiny letters really matter or are they a respectful reference to one who is greater than and created and separated the languages?

Rosenritter

You didn't answer the question;

Who is his Father?

"The Father" is Jesus's own reference to God in heaven in as compared to His own manifestation in the flesh "the Son." That's why you won't find it as a proper title previously in scripture except in reference (directly or indirectly) to the incarnation of Jesus Christ.

Such as in Proverbs 30:1-4, or Isaiah 9:6, or Psalm 2:12.

Status
Not open for further replies.