Did God become flesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

God's Truth

Absolutely false.
God the Father came as a man. Jesus came from heaven. Jesus’ Father is the Creator of all seen and unseen. God made everything through what He would do for us, and that is come as a man and die for us.
Absolutely true. Which proves Jesus did NOT literally exist before his birth, and the progress in his education was remarkable when Jesus was 12 years old.
12 years old.
12 years old.
Think about that.
Jesus was 12 years old.
NOT umptymillion plus 12.
And Jesus completed the "to fulfill all righteousness" when he was "about 30".
Jesus is God that really came as a man and lived like a man and was taught.
Just because you reply doesn't mean you have answered. When you reply with nonsense (like most of your replies)... sensible people don't understand you.
You try to do away with what God says in the Bible just because it is too hard for you to understand.

Dartman

God the Father came as a man.
No, God is NOT a man.
GT said:
Jesus came from heaven.
So does "EVERY good and perfect gift", And John "came from God", ALL the prophets we sent from heaven.

GT said:
Jesus’ Father is the Creator of all seen and unseen. God made everything through what He would do for us,
True.
GT said:
and that is come as a man and die for us.
Says no verse ever. What Scripture DOES say is, Jehovah raised up a prophet like Moses, from the Israelites. Jehovah raised up a descendant of Abraham, of David.

You try to do away with what God says in the Bible just because it is too hard for you to understand.

Rosenritter

Excellent! Yes, Jesus states emphatically that his Father is "the ONLY true God".
Jesus IS flesh. Jesus WAS a promise, from "of old".... but didn't "come forth unto" Jehovah until Bethlehem. At that point, God's words about Jesus birth were fulfilled .... "became flesh".

Sorry, what "title" are you speaking about?
There is no "incarnation" described in Scripture.
Those texts aren't referencing a title, they are referencing a relationship. Jesus is the son of God for multiple reasons;
1) ALL human beings are God's offspring.Those who separate themselves from the world by obedience to God, are called "my sons, and daughters.
2) Specific human beings, (Adam and Jesus), are called "son of God" because there was no human man involved in their genesis. Their MAKING. Adam coming first, then Jesus, about 4,000 years later.
3)Jesus is called "the only begotten son of God" because his God resurrected Jesus from the dead, as the "firstborn" of a new creation .... immortal righteous humans.

Your story is quite different than what the bible tells us.

John 1:3 KJV
(3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 1:10 KJV
(10) He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

John 1:14 KJV
(14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

1 Timothy 3:16 KJV
(16) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Besides your story being so different that if it were true we would have a different bible all together it falls apart for other reasons as well. The sacrifice of a man or an animal does not remove sin against God.

Dartman

Your story is quite different than what the bible tells us.

John 1:3 KJV
(3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
This is not Jesus. This is Jehovah.

Rosenritter said:
John 1:10 KJV
(10) He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
Yep, this "light" is Jesus.

BUT ...... let's slow down here. Do you think the planet "knew him not"?
Of course not,
I suspect you are being confused by the English word "world".
It means the civilization Jesus was sent into, and the civilization which "knew him not". Jesus' ministry FOREVER changed the "world" ... again, not the planet, the civilization ON the planet.

Rosenritter said:
John 1:14 KJV
(14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Yes Gods words were fulfilled by the birth of that "flesh and blood" descendant of David, Abraham, Adam and Eve. MANY of God's logos came true with that event.
Rosenritter said:
1 Timothy 3:16 KJV
(16) And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
1 Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness; He who was manifested in the flesh, ASV

16 By common confession, great is the mystery of godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh, NASU

16 Great beyond all question is the formerly hidden truth underlying our faith: He was manifested physically CJB

16 Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh ESV

16 And most certainly, the mystery of godliness is great: He was manifested in the flesh (from Holman Christian Standard Bible.)

Rosenritter said:
Besides your story being so different that if it were true we would have a different bible all together
LOL ...... I have ZERO difficulty finding Scriptures that STATE, EXPLAIN AND PREACH Biblical Unitarian tenets! It's trinity/oneness doctrines that have ZERO Scriptures that STATE, EXPLAIN OR PREACH ANY tenets unique to their respective doctrines.
Rosenritter said:
The sacrifice of a man or an animal does not remove sin against God.
You are absolutely correct......... unless God, through Grace, is willing to COUNT that sacrifice as sufficient payment...... which is EXACTLY what the Bible is teaching.

God's Truth

No, God is NOT a man.
God is not a man that lies.
So does "EVERY good and perfect gift", And John "came from God", ALL the prophets we sent from heaven.
No prophets come from heaven.
Only the Prophet Jesus came from heaven.

YOU GO AGAINST WHAT GOD THE FATHER DID FOR US! We have to go through what God the Father did for us! What did He do?! He came as a man and died for us!

Says no verse ever. What Scripture DOES say is, Jehovah raised up a prophet like Moses, from the Israelites. Jehovah raised up a descendant of Abraham, of David.
He is more than Moses and Abraham, and David.

Is he more than Moses?

Hebrews 3:3 For this man was counted worthy of more glory than Moses, inasmuch as he who hath builded the house hath more honour than the house.

You say Abraham from heaven like Jesus? No.

You say Jesus like David? No.

"'The Lord said to my Lord: "Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies under your feet."'
That is what you do.

You said Jesus is from heaven like all the other good things.

Where is your sense?

Dartman

God is not a man that lies.
Since God is not a man, your statement is accurate, but intentionally misleading.
Job 9:32 For he is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, and we should come together in judgment.

Nothing else in your post that isn't just a repeat of your errors. Been there, showed that to be false.

Rosenritter

This is not Jesus. This is Jehovah.

Yep, this "light" is Jesus.

BUT ...... let's slow down here. Do you think the planet "knew him not"?
Of course not,
I suspect you are being confused by the English word "world".
It means the civilization Jesus was sent into, and the civilization which "knew him not". Jesus' ministry FOREVER changed the "world" ... again, not the planet, the civilization ON the planet.

John writes his gospel first chapter in the same style as Genesis first chapter. Besides this, it says "all things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." And then it says this Creator was made flesh.

So here your story (and all of its excuses) falls apart. For some reason you resist that the Creator was made flesh.

Yes Gods words were fulfilled by the birth of that "flesh and blood" descendant of David, Abraham, Adam and Eve. MANY of God's logos came true with that event.

1 Tim 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness; He who was manifested in the flesh, ASV

16 By common confession, great is the mystery of godliness: He who was revealed in the flesh, NASU

16 Great beyond all question is the formerly hidden truth underlying our faith: He was manifested physically CJB

16 Great indeed, we confess, is the mystery of godliness: He was manifested in the flesh ESV

16 And most certainly, the mystery of godliness is great: He was manifested in the flesh (from Holman Christian Standard Bible.)

Try using scripture taken from reputable source text. The couple minority readings that are scraped together that have a reading other than God do not agree with each other and are grammatically flawed. God was manifest in the flesh. Besides that, who else would possibly be manifested in the flesh? You don't say that flesh was manifested in the flesh!

LOL ...... I have ZERO difficulty finding Scriptures that STATE, EXPLAIN AND PREACH Biblical Unitarian tenets! It's trinity/oneness doctrines that have ZERO Scriptures that STATE, EXPLAIN OR PREACH ANY tenets unique to their respective doctrines.
You are absolutely correct......... unless God, through Grace, is willing to COUNT that sacrifice as sufficient payment...... which is EXACTLY what the Bible is teaching.

Which explains how you're dancing about trying to find an odd version or a corrupt text somewhere that omits a word, juggle tenses to make nonsense, explain strange stories that people were cut off in the middle of their sentences, say that the text certainly doesn't MEAN what it sounds like, and so on and so forth. I've heard nothing but excuses and tall tales from you so far.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
God the Father is invisible, He is Spirit and lives in unapproachable light.

Jesus is God the Father with a physical body.

No.

Act 4:26 THE KINGS OF THE EARTH TOOK THEIR STAND, AND THE RULERS WERE GATHERED TOGETHER AGAINST THE LORD AND AGAINST HIS CHRIST.'
Act 4:27 "For truly against Your holy Servant Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the people of Israel, were gathered together

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Why did you lie? Your motivation?

John 10 KJV

17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

John 5 KJV
21 For as the Father raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the Son quickeneth whom he will. 22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

John 2 KJV
19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

John 11 KJV
25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: 26 and whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?

Revelation KJV
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

Survey the book, as it testifies that God the Father, and the Holy Spirit, and the Lord Jesus Christ Himself raised Him from the dead, as all 3 person of the Godhead were "involved in," participated in, were responsible for the resurrection, just as all 3 were involved in the creation, salvation.

Thanks for confirming the doctrine of "The Trinity."

The Servant of the Lord
Isa 49:1 "Listen, O coastlands, to Me, And take heed, you peoples from afar! The LORD has called Me from the womb; From the matrix of My mother He has made mention of My name.
Isa 49:2 And He has made My mouth like a sharp sword; In the shadow of His hand He has hidden Me, And made Me a polished shaft; In His quiver He has hidden Me."
Isa 49:3 "And He said to me, 'You are My servant, O Israel, In whom I will be glorified.'
Isa 49:4 Then I said, 'I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength for nothing and in vain; Yet surely my just reward is with the LORD, And my work with my God.' "
Isa 49:5 "And now the LORD says, Who formed Me from the womb to be His Servant, To bring Jacob back to Him, So that Israel is gathered to Him (For I shall be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, And My God shall be My strength),
Isa 49:6 Indeed He says, 'It is too small a thing that You should be My Servant To raise up the tribes of Jacob, And to restore the preserved ones of Israel; I will also give You as a light to the Gentiles, That You should be My salvation to the ends of the earth.' "
Isa 49:7 Thus says the LORD, The Redeemer of Israel, their Holy One, To Him whom man despises, To Him whom the nation abhors, To the Servant of rulers: "Kings shall see and arise, Princes also shall worship, Because of the LORD who is faithful, The Holy One of Israel; And He has chosen You."

Dartman

John writes his gospel first chapter in the same style as Genesis first chapter. Besides this, it says "all things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."
Yes. The "Him" there is Jehovah/YHVH, the only creator of the universe.
Rosenritter said:
And then it says this Creator was made flesh.
Nope. It says the logos (of God) was made flesh. God spoke, and Mary conceived. Jesus was the flesh and blood result of God's words.

Rosenritter said:
...For some reason you resist that the Creator was made flesh.
Not for "some" reason .... for MANY reasons. Jehovah/YHVH God states emphatically HE is the Creator of the universe. Jesus states that "He which made them ...." is GOD. The entire OT states Jehovah/YHVH God is the Creator. The NT states Jehovah/YHVH created the universe, and that Jesus is the Creators "holy child/servant".

Rosenritter said:
Try using scripture taken from reputable source text. The couple minority readings that are scraped together that have a reading other than God do not agree with each other and are grammatically flawed.
Predictably, you have this backwards;
[FONT=&quot]
The earliest and best manuscripts do not have the word “God” in it but rather “He”, “who” or “which.” Furthermore, even modern (Trinitarian) Bible Translations disagree with the KJV and few other translations, for putting the word “God” in 1 Timothy 3: 16. [/FONT]

Rosenritter said:
Besides that, who else would possibly be manifested in the flesh? You don't say that flesh was manifested in the flesh!
Jesus was manifested, came into existence, in the flesh. Jesus was SHOWN as a flesh and blood human. And, Jesus was "received up unto glory".

drbrumley

Clear statements are not hard to understand at all.

the problem is that they skip all clear ones.

:rotfl:

attacking the strawman again....The trinitarian accepts and believes all those verses....the non trin doesn't accept Jesus saying "I AM" or Thomas saying "MY LORD AND MY GOD"

Pathetic..

drbrumley

No problem.
Now all you need to do is provide the required verses.
(We both know you can't.... in fact, no one can)

LOL!!!!Verses have been provided by myself and your camp so I don't need to.

Not one trinitarian/oneness person has EVER provided;
1) any sermon from Scripture explaining their Jesus. And Paul warns against "another Jesus" that the apostles didn't preach.

2) Any Scripture that states, explains or preaches ANY of the tenets unique to the trinity/oneness theories.

:yawn: And redundant.

God's Truth

The Servant of the Lord
Isa 49:1 "Listen, O coastlands, to Me, And take heed, you peoples from afar! The LORD has called Me from the womb; From the matrix of My mother He has made mention of My name.
Isa 49:2 And He has made My mouth like a sharp sword; In the shadow of His hand He has hidden Me, And made Me a polished shaft; In His quiver He has hidden Me."
Isa 49:3 "And He said to me, 'You are My servant, O Israel, In whom I will be glorified.'
Isa 49:4 Then I said, 'I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength for nothing and in vain; Yet surely my just reward is with the LORD, And my work with my God.' "
Isa 49:5 "And now the LORD says, Who formed Me from the womb to be His Servant, To bring Jacob back to Him, So that Israel is gathered to Him (For I shall be glorious in the eyes of the LORD, And My God shall be My strength),
Isa 49:6 Indeed He says, 'It is too small a thing that You should be My Servant To raise up the tribes of Jacob, And to restore the preserved ones of Israel; I will also give You as a light to the Gentiles, That You should be My salvation to the ends of the earth.' "
Isa 49:7 Thus says the LORD, The Redeemer of Israel, their Holy One, To Him whom man despises, To Him whom the nation abhors, To the Servant of rulers: "Kings shall see and arise, Princes also shall worship, Because of the LORD who is faithful, The Holy One of Israel; And He has chosen You."

God came as a servant. We have to go through Jesus, because it is what God did for us.

God's Truth

No.

Act 4:26 THE KINGS OF THE EARTH TOOK THEIR STAND, AND THE RULERS WERE GATHERED TOGETHER AGAINST THE LORD AND AGAINST HIS CHRIST.'
Act 4:27 "For truly against Your holy Servant Jesus, whom You anointed, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the people of Israel, were gathered together

God came as Jesus Christ.

The word 'Christ' is interchangeable with the word 'God', 'Christ', and 'Lord'.

All these scriptures I am going to give, they are concerning the time in the desert with Moses:

Read this first scripture, it is Paul saying 'Christ' when talking about the time with Moses in the desert:

1 Corinthians 10:9 We should not test Christ, as some of them did--and were killed by snakes.

That scripture shows us that Christ was in the desert with Moses.

This next scripture is Moses speaking about TESTING THE LORD:

Exodus 17:2 Therefore the people quarreled with Moses and said, "Give us water that we may drink." And Moses said to them, "Why do you quarrel with me? Why do you test the LORD?"

Now read this scripture:

Psalm 106:14
But craved intensely in the wilderness, And tempted God in the desert.

Did you read that?

Test who in the desert?

So we see that the word 'Christ', 'LORD', and 'God' are interchangeable.

God's Truth

Since God is not a man, your statement is accurate, but intentionally misleading.
Job 9:32 For he is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, and we should come together in judgment.

Nothing else in your post that isn't just a repeat of your errors. Been there, showed that to be false.

God did not come as a man yet.

God's Truth

Here is more proof that the word 'Christ' and 'God' are interchangeable:

Paul calls it the GOSPEL OF CHRIST.

Romans 15:19 by the power of signs and wonders, through the power of the Spirit of God. So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ.

Paul AND PETER call it the Gospel of God.

Romans 1:1 Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle and set apart for the gospel of God

1 Peter 4:17 For it is time for judgment to begin with God’s household; and if it begins with us, what will the outcome be for those who do not obey the gospel of God?

God's Truth

Here is more showing 'Christ' in the Old Testament in the time of Moses and Pharaoh:

Hebrews 11:23
By faith Moses’ parents hid him for three months after he was born, because they saw he was no ordinary child, and they were not afraid of the king’s edict.
24 By faith Moses, when he had grown up, refused to be known as the son of Pharaoh’s daughter. 25 He chose to be mistreated along with the people of God rather than to enjoy the fleeting pleasures of sin. 26 He regarded disgrace for the sake of Christ as of greater value than the treasures of Egypt, because he was looking ahead to his reward. 27 By faith he left Egypt, not fearing the king’s anger; he persevered because he saw him who is invisible.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
God came as Jesus Christ.

The word 'Christ' is interchangeable with the word 'God', 'Christ', and 'Lord'.

All these scriptures I am going to give, they are concerning the time in the desert with Moses:

Read this first scripture, it is Paul saying 'Christ' when talking about the time with Moses in the desert:

1 Corinthians 10:9 We should not test Christ, as some of them did--and were killed by snakes.

That scripture shows us that Christ was in the desert with Moses.

This next scripture is Moses speaking about TESTING THE LORD:

Exodus 17:2 Therefore the people quarreled with Moses and said, "Give us water that we may drink." And Moses said to them, "Why do you quarrel with me? Why do you test the LORD?"

Now read this scripture:

Psalm 106:14
But craved intensely in the wilderness, And tempted God in the desert.

Did you read that?

Test who in the desert?

So we see that the word 'Christ', 'LORD', and 'God' are interchangeable.

No.

Status
Not open for further replies.