Death

comingfrom

BANNED
Banned
Could God have provided salvation to us, without the physical death of Jesus?

Maybe the question is phrased incorrectly.

Would we have believed in Jesus and received His salvation, had the Father in heaven not raised Him up from death?

And He said unto them, Thus it is written,
and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
That repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name among all nations,
beginning at Jerusalem.

Luke 24:46-47

6days

Maybe the question is phrased incorrectly.

Would we have believed in Jesus and received His salvation, had the Father in heaven not raised Him up from death?
No... The question is phrased correctly, I believe.

Believing that Jesus / God exists is not what saves us. If salvation was merely believing in his existence, he could appear in the sky over our heads, and everyone would believe.

What do you think Jesus saved us from? Jesus can save us from our sin, correct? But without His death, he would not be able to forgive our sin. Do you know why?

clefty

Vague... WHERE?

The Law is His character and what life is like where He is...

Righteous
* God—“The LORD is righteous in all His ways” (Psalms 145:17).
* Law—“All Your commandments are righteousness” (Psalms 119:172).

Truth
* God—“You have redeemed me, O LORD, God of truth” (Psalms 31:5).
* Law—“Your law is truth” (Psalms 119:142).

Goodness
* God—“Good and upright is the LORD” (Psalms 25:8).
* Law—“The law is holy, and the commandment is holy and just and good” (Romans 7:12).

Everlasting
* God—“Then Abraham called on the name of the LORD, the Everlasting God” (Genesis 21:33).
* Law—“All His precepts are sure, they are upheld forever and ever” (Psalms 111:7 8).

Holiness
* God—“Be holy, for I am holy” (1 Peter 1:16).
* Law—“Therefore the law is holy” (Romans 7:12).

Love
* God—“God is love” (1 John 4:8).
* Law—“Love is the fulfillment of the law” (Romans 13: 10).

Perfection
* God—“You shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect” (Matthew 5:48).
* Law—“The law of the LORDis perfect, restoring the soul” (Psalms 19:7).

Spiritual
* God—“God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth” (John 4:24).
* Law—“For we know that the law is spiritual” (Romans 7:14).

Just
* God—“He is the Rock. His work is perfect; for all His ways are justice” (Deuteronomy 32:4).
* Law—“The law is holy, and the commandment holy and just and good” (Romans 7:12).

Light
* God—“God is light and in Him is no darkness at all” (1 John 1:5 ).
* Law—“The commandment is a lamp, and the law is light” (Proverbs 6:23).

Immutable as He is...and a delight as He is...

But you would abolish the Law change it or claim it does not apply...

ALL THIS to avoid the Sabbath LOL

a day off...a holy day sanctified and given to His people as a sign...made and given for all man kind obviously received only by His people...after all it remains “here are they that keep the commandments”

6days

The first things jesus command you to do:
Repent kingdom of God at hand.
No blood needed.
That isn't what the Bible teaches. God's Word tells us that "without the shedding of blood, there is no forgiveness." Heb. 9:22 Animal sacrifices were a temporary measure... it was in faith animal blood would be shed until the only possible solution to our sin problem. The solution was another Adam...the "Last Adam" (Jesus...1 Cor. 15)) who could lead a sinless life, then volunteer to take the punishment we deserve (Substitutionary atonement).

comingfrom

BANNED
Banned
No... The question is phrased correctly, I believe.

Believing that Jesus / God exists is not what saves us. If salvation was merely believing in his existence, he could appear in the sky over our heads, and everyone would believe.
Thank you 6days.
This is how He was for me.

But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven,
and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing on the right hand of God,
And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened,
and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God.

Acts 7:55-56

[QUOTE}What do you think Jesus saved us from?
I was saved from my ignorance of God.
I had no idea what God requires of me, but Jesus helped me.

Jesus can save us from our sin, correct?
Absolutely.
Even everyone that hears His sayings, and does them.

But without His death, he would not be able to forgive our sin. Do you know why?
Jesus' words are spirit, and are life.

It is the spirit that quickens; the flesh profits nothing:
the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

John 6:62

Praise Jesus.
`Paul

6days

Of course. God could have created us perfect and immortal. He didn't.
If that is true... The cross becomes meaningless. A perfect creation was ruined by first Adam, and the consequences defeated by Last Adam (1Cor. 15)

Pain, suffering, extinctions, and death existed in our world because a perfect creation was corrupted. Christ went to Calvary to defeat death, and because He did, we are able to participate in the resurrection.

6days

coming from said:
6days said:
But without His death, he would not be able to forgive our sin. Do you know why?
Jesus' words are spirit, and are life.
That doesn't answer the question.... Do you understand that without the shed blood of Jesus, we would be eternally lost? Do you know why the physical death of Jesus was required? Do you know why, our sins can only be removed, because of what Last Adam accomplished at Calvary?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The first things jesus command you to do:
Repent kingdom of God at hand.
No blood needed.

Nope.

Jesus commanded the BoC to rest in Him.

To the extent that one tries to do anything for salvation is the extent that one has failed Christ at resting in Him.

Oleander

Nope.

Jesus commanded the BoC to rest in Him.

To the extent that one tries to do anything for salvation is the extent that one has failed Christ at resting in Him.

>>Matt. 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, saying, “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Last edited:

comingfrom

BANNED
Banned
Thank you, 6days.

That doesn't answer the question.... Do you understand that without the shed blood of Jesus, we would be eternally lost?

Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you,
Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink His blood, ye have no life in you.

John 6:53

Do you know why the physical death of Jesus was required?

And said unto them, Thus it is written,
and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
That repentance and remission of sins should be preached in His name among all nations,
beginning at Jerusalem.

Luke 24:46-47

Do you know why, our sins can only be removed, because of what Last Adam accomplished at Calvary?

And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD:
for they shall all know Me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD;
for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Jeremiah 31:34

Bless Jesus.
`Paul

Dartman

If that is true... The cross becomes meaningless.
Sorry, that makes no sense. The fact that God did NOT create us as perfect immortal robots, is PRECISELY why the cross has meaning. The cross would have been unnecessary if humans were perfect!

6days said:
A perfect creation was ruined by first Adam, and the consequences defeated by Last Adam (1Cor. 15)
Very close.... but not quite. Jesus has NOT defeated the last enemy "death" yet. The fact that Jehovah/YHVH God resurrected Jesus FROM the dead, to immortal life, PROVES that death WILL BE ultimately defeated .... but it hasn't happened yet. We still die ..... in spite of Satan's claim that you don't REALLY die.
1 Cor 15:23-28 But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

comingfrom

BANNED
Banned
That doesn't answer the question.... Do you understand that without the shed blood of Jesus, we would be eternally lost? Do you know why the physical death of Jesus was required? Do you know why, our sins can only be removed, because of what Last Adam accomplished at Calvary?
Hi 6days.

Jesus' words answer all my questions.
I drink His blood and I wash my robes in His blood.

If Jesus hadn't risen from death, nobody would have believed He was sent by God.

The Lord Jesus washes us from our sins when we repent and come stand before Him.
Or so it was for me.

And after Jesus washed me,
then I had to look and see if there weren't still some devils left in me.
Some habits are hard to die. Some required fasting and prayer.

Unto Him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in His own blood,
and hath made us kings and priests unto God and His Father;
to Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 1:5-6

And the priest shall look on the plague, after that it is washed:
and, behold, if the plague have not changed his colour, and the plague be not spread;
it is unclean;
thou shalt burn it in the fire;
it is fret inward, whether it be bare within or without.
And if the priest look, and, behold, the plague be somewhat dark after the washing of it;
then he shall rend it out of the garment,
or out of the skin, or out of the warp, or out of the woof:
And if it appear still in the garment,
either in the warp, or in the woof, or in any thing of skin;
it is a spreading plague:
thou shalt burn that wherein the plague is with fire.
And the garment,
either warp, or woof, or whatsoever thing of skin it be, which thou shalt wash,
if the plague be departed from them, then it shall be washed the second time,
and shall be clean.

Leviticus 13:55-58

And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest.
And he said to me,
These are they which came out of great tribulation,
and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Revelations 7:14

Praise Jesus.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No, with help from others. I have scanned this thread. The answer is that God wanted Jesus to die the way that He did, for us. And that God maybe could have done things a different way but He didn't. He did things the way that He wanted to do them.

6days

coming from said:
Jesus' words answer all my questions.
I drink His blood and I wash my robes in His blood.

If Jesus hadn't risen from death, nobody would have believed He was sent by God.
So you seem to think that the physical death of Jesus was required for our salvation..... But it does not seem that you understand why the cross was necessary. It is clear from scripture that the purpose of the cross was not to prove the deity of Jesus.

Scripture tells us that shed blood / death is the penalty for sin. Part of the penalty we pay for first Adam's sin (and, our own sin) is physical death. (Romans 5 doctrine of imputation) Death entered our world because of sin. Genesis 2:16,17. Without shedding of blood (physical death) there is no forgiveness of sin. Hebrews 9:22 So... our penalty is physical death... dying in our sinful state and eternally separated from God. However, a mediator stepped in, and took our punishment. There was only one possible mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, who gave himself as a ransom for all people. 2 Tim.2:5,6 There was no other way for our salvation other than "last Adam", our mediator, suffering physical death on our behalf then defeating death in the resurrection... in which we are invited to partake in. 1 Cor.15

6days

Dartman said:
Sorry, that makes no sense. The fact that God did NOT create us as perfect immortal robots, is PRECISELY why the cross has meaning. The cross would have been unnecessary if humans were perfect!
You seem to believe a perfect, omniscient, omnipotent God, can create something that is less than perfect? "He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he." Deut. 32:4

Your 'logic' is illogical. God of course could have created "perfect immortal robots" , but instead He created humans to love. Love ALWAYS demands the freedom of choice. His works are perfect!

The cross (physical death of Last Adam) was necessary because death entered our world from first Adam. Nothing other than the death and resurrection of Last Adam could save us from eternal separation from God.
Dartman said:
Jesus has NOT defeated the last enemy "death" yet. The fact that Jehovah/YHVH God resurrected Jesus FROM the dead, to immortal life, PROVES that death WILL BE ultimately defeated .... but it hasn't happened yet.
"but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death"2 Timothy 1:10