Criminalization of Christianity in America

Granite

Hall of Fame
The Supreme Court to ruled in the 1962 case, Engel v. Vitale, that any pray led by a public school district is unconstitutional sponsorship of religion.

However, there are some legal exceptions.

Correct. Schools can't lead prayer. Prayer by a student is something else, so, really, I'm not sure why you guys keep insisting an insincere prayer everyone participates in like it or not is something we need to bring back.

Arthur Brain

Well, I don't agree. The public schools are teaching our kids the ungodly theory of evolution and they won't let them pray in school. The entertainment industry is showing smut and not much else. People are running all around half dressed while gays are parading down main street in G-strings. We can't let our kids outside because the sex perverts will get them. Don't tell me we aren't be persecuted.

As plenty of Christians would attest to, there's nothing 'ungodly' about the theory of evolution in itself, it's simply science. As far as I'm aware there's no law from prohibiting children to pray in school if they wish to either. There's plenty of family friendly entertainment as well as the more adult oriented on TV and the latter certainly isn't necessarily 'smut'. Homosexuals being allowed to live outside of a forced repressive closet isn't persecuting you and if you were implying that paedophiles target the children of Christians (which is how your post reads) then that's just paranoia gone insane.

In reality you're allowed to live as freely as anyone else.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We aren't immune from persecution. Just keep letting in the Muslims and you'll see the same thing over here that has happened elsewhere.
Islamists tend to not like anyone who isn't a Muslim. That includes athiests. A Christian may verbally fight with someone he disagrees with. A Islamist radical will shoot or burn you.

Jose Fly

Correct. Schools can't lead prayer. Prayer by a student is something else, so, really, I'm not sure why you guys keep insisting an insincere prayer everyone participates in like it or not is something we need to bring back.

"Prayer is banned in schools" is perhaps the most persistent myth among right-wing Christians. And just like with a lot of other issues, no amount of information or explanation will dislodge it from their minds.