Criminalization of Christianity in America

Stuu

there are people (nambla) who hold the idea, opinion or belief that they should be allowed to have sex with children

i am obstinately intolerant of their ideas, opinions or beliefs

call me a bigot if you like :idunno:
I don't think you are being unfairly intolerant, so you don't qualify as a bigot on those grounds. Of course that is a matter of opinion but I think your view would be almost universally shared.

Stuart

CherubRam

I will be off line for some time. Windows 10 took out both of my computers. When the desktop burnedout I thought it was a fluke. So I tried Windows 10 on my Laptop. After three reboots I got it partially working. Looks I am going to be out more time and money. Bye! PS. Beware of Windows 10, Ive read the same thing has happened to many people. Have you ever notice MS never finnish fixing what they have, but are always moving on to another problem?

Stuu

the qualifier wasn't "unfairly", it was "obstinately"

and nambla members and their supporters would disagree with you
The Oxford Concise dictionary has:

bigot n. an obstinate and intolerant believer in a religion, political theory etc.

bigoted adj. unreasonably prejudiced and intolerant

Meriam-Webster online says this:

bigot noun a person who strongly and unfairly dislikes other people, ideas, etc. : a bigoted person; especially : a person who hates or refuses to accept the members of a particular group (such as a racial or religious group)

The concept of unfairly/unreasonably features in both, in the context you are using it. Unless you think NAMBLA have a political theory, or you refuse to accept NAMBLA people as people (as opposed to NAMBLA people as pedophiles).

Stuart

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus did not "have to learn." He knew full well not to bow down to the powers and principalities of this world.

Unlike many of the early Christians who decided to bow down to Imperial Rome when the going got tough. "Obey the authorities" and all that. Kow-tow to government and those that really hold the power.

This conflict between Jesus and some of his followers can be found in the forged Letters of Paul.
Thank you for clarifying. :)

Granite

Hall of Fame
Christianity's in no danger of "persecution" in the U.S., or of being criminalized out of existence. Not going to happen.

The math alone simply doesn't work or make sense and complaints of "persecution" in this country do a disservice to Christians the world over who endure actual persecution and terror on a daily basis.

glorydaz

I will be off line for some time. Windows 10 took out both of my computers. When the desktop burnedout I thought it was a fluke. So I tried Windows 10 on my Laptop. After three reboots I got it partially working. Looks I am going to be out more time and money. Bye! PS. Beware of Windows 10, Ive read the same thing has happened to many people. Have you ever notice MS never finnish fixing what they have, but are always moving on to another problem?

Thanks for the warning. They are really pushing it...I see popups every day.

glorydaz

Christianity's in no danger of "persecution" in the U.S., or of being criminalized out of existence. Not going to happen.

The math alone simply doesn't work or make sense and complaints of "persecution" in this country do a disservice to Christians the world over who endure actual persecution and terror on a daily basis.

We aren't immune from persecution. Just keep letting in the Muslims and you'll see the same thing over here that has happened elsewhere.

Granite

Hall of Fame
We aren't immune from persecution. Just keep letting in the Muslims and you'll see the same thing over here that has happened elsewhere.

You're the majority religion in this country by far--it's not even close--and no amount of persecution complex or playing the martyr card changes that. Atheists and Muslims remain distrusted and misunderstood minorities. What you guys are experiencing are people bold enough, for the first time, to actually disagree with you publicly. That's new, and unsettling to a group that's gotten a free ride (and their way) since this country was founded.

CherubRam

Thanks for the warning. They are really pushing it...I see popups every day.

I got my laptop partially working. They are no longer sending me updates for Windows 7, or my MS Word. Explorer 11 also stopped working. I'm having to use Firefox with LibreOffice. Looks like I may have to change to Ubuntu Linux. P.S. They want me to buy the MS 10 along with the 2016 MS Word. Plus I need to repair my new hard drive that is now damaged. That is more than 500 dollars. And then there is my Desk Top, that is another problem.

CherubRam

You're the majority religion in this country by far--it's not even close--and no amount of persecution complex or playing the martyr card changes that. Atheists and Muslims remain distrusted and misunderstood minorities. What you guys are experiencing are people bold enough, for the first time, to actually disagree with you publicly. That's new, and unsettling to a group that's gotten a free ride (and their way) since this country was founded.

America is a nation based upon Christian principles from its creation. It is everyone one else taking a free ride.

glorydaz

Well, I don't agree. The public schools are teaching our kids the ungodly theory of evolution and they won't let them pray in school. The entertainment industry is showing smut and not much else. People are running all around half dressed while gays are parading down main street in G-strings. We can't let our kids outside because the sex perverts will get them. Don't tell me we aren't be persecuted.

glorydaz

I got my laptop partially working. They are no longer sending me updates for Windows 7, or my MS Word. Explorer 11 also stopped working. I'm having to use Firefox with LibreOffice. Looks like I may have to change to Ubuntu Linux. P.S. They want me to buy the MS 10 along with the 2016 MS Word. Plus I need to repair my new hard drive that is now damaged. That is more than 500 dollars. And then there is my Desk Top, that is another problem.

I'm sorry to hear that. I just went through one old used computer, and this is my second. I have one more in the closet. I don't really know what I have....maybe ignorance is bliss where these darn computers are concerned.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Well, I don't agree. The public schools are teaching our kids the ungodly theory of evolution and they won't let them pray in school.

Which is simply...wrong. Schools are under enormous pressure (thanks to people like you) to label evolution not merely a theory but "unsettled" and the like; intelligent design is slyly (and often outright deviously) introduced into curriculums; or creationism is taught in everything but name. The situation's not as dire as you claim because you either prefer to assume things are worse or prefer to complain, I don't know which.

Schools let kids pray all the time; what schools can't and won't do is lead an organized prayer. I hope this issue's not dragged up again by you or anyone else, because not only is it played out, it's ignorant as all get out.

The entertainment industry is showing smut and not much else.

Making you a total cynic or just ignorant.:idunno:

You aren't persecuted, you're just whining while sitting on your keister talking about your non-existent problems.

Persecution's being crucified in Darfur, or hunted from basement to safe house in China, or threatened with the sword in Saudi Arabia. That's persecution. What you're experiencing is distaste for living in a free, pluralistic society. Too bad.