Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Ah, a Darwinist brave enough to play with numbers in public.

Seven million people 4,000 years ago would mean a doubling rate of more than 400 years to get the number of people we have today, way longer than the measured doubling rate of human populations.

Report back for extra credit.

so what doubling rate do you need when you start with 8 people about 4000 years ago? Seems to me if you start with 8 people as opposed to 7 million you need a much greater doubling rate to get to where we are today.
perhaps you can explain otherwise.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
so what doubling rate do you need when you start with 8 people about 4000 years ago?
Try using the link :up:

Here's a hint: It's far shorter than what you need; within what would be considered reasonable going by what we see today.

Seems to me if you start with 8 people as opposed to 7 million you need a much greater doubling rate to get to where we are today.
It helps if we use precise terminology: The doubling "rate" is rightly a "period" (my mistake), so it wouldn't be "greater," it would be "shorter."

perhaps you can explain otherwise.
I don't think you've thought this through at all. :)

Rosenritter

Ah, a Darwinist brave enough to play with numbers in public.

Seven million people 4,000 years ago would mean a doubling period of more than 400 years to get the number of people we have today, way longer than measured doubling periods of human populations.

Report back for extra credit.
You are forgetting something obvious. We aren't dealing with doubling of modern populations. When someone lives several hundred years and has twenty children and no shortage of land to travel through the gains would be much higher. Look at the recorded life spans after the flood and they start decreasing from the earlier 900 plus years over a while before they reach today's ranges.

Longer life spans and more children equals faster population growth.

I am not assuming your earlier report was one hundred percent accurate either... Just explaining the methods of what you need to fairly consider evidences.

Jose Fly

Here's something else for consideration. What is the estimated age of the oldest living thing on this planet? There is a bristlecone pine tree that is guessed to be about 4400-4800 years old. There is enough variation in tree ring formation form that to be in the 4400 range. Again, you would expect a worldwide flood to destroy older trees. Not saying that is a stand alone proof but one more item that should start to weigh on your radar.

Does that mean you think dendrochronology is a valid science?

dead oysters on tops of mountains

How'd they get up there?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You are forgetting something obvious. We aren't dealing with doubling of modern populations. When someone lives several hundred years and has twenty children and no shortage of land to travel through the gains would be much higher. Look at the recorded life spans after the flood and they start decreasing from the earlier 900 plus years over a while before they reach today's ranges.

Longer life spans and more children equals faster population growth.

I am not assuming your earlier report was one hundred percent accurate either... Just explaining the methods of what you need to fairly consider evidences.

We don't face a problem of needing faster population growth. With the flood about 5,000 years ago, a starting population of eight people and today's doubling period of 60 years, the population would be astronomical.

It's not much of a stretch to lengthen the doubling period to about 200 years to account for today's population, but the Darwinist has to go out to more than 500 years, which is just plain silly.

Silent Hunter

We don't face a problem of needing faster population growth. With the flood about 5,000 years ago, a starting population of eight people and today's doubling period of 60 years, the population would be astronomical.

It's not much of a stretch to lengthen the doubling period to about 200 years to account for today's population, but the Darwinist has to go out to more than 500 years, which is just plain silly.
I wonder why the Earth isn't overrun by rabbits? Perhaps Stripe can explain why not?

https://ncse.com/cej/4/4/creationists-population-growth-bunnies-great-pyramid

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Rosenritter

Does that mean you think dendrochronology is a valid science?

How'd they get up there?
The humanist Darwinist doesn't have a good explanation but I have a theory.

See, I know oysters live in water and that they don't have legs. With me so far?

So I think that mountain used to be under water. And the reason the oysters died with their shells open shows that they died super fast from a catastrophe... Like the fountains of the deep breaking open.

And after that the ocean floor raised and the flood water receded.

Unless you think they all walked up there, opened up their shells and died from the high atmosphere?

Rosenritter

I wonder why the Earth isn't overrun by rabbits? Perhaps Stripe can explain why not?

https://ncse.com/cej/4/4/creationists-population-growth-bunnies-great-pyramid

Because bunnies are dumb and food for every thing. Humans, on the other hand, expand to fill up their environment and form tribes, cities, and nations. Bunnies get eaten by dragons. Men band together to kill the dragons and drain the swamps.

My wife loves bunnies so I know all about this.

Silent Hunter

Because bunnies are dumb and food for every thing. Humans, on the other hand, expand to fill up their environment and form tribes, cities, and nations. Bunnies get eaten by dragons. Men band together to kill the dragons and drain the swamps.
Isotope decay rates and the speed of light aren't constants but the.human population rate never changes? Did you even bother to read the article or were the words too big for you?

My wife loves bunnies so I know all about this.
:chuckle: Then she's as nuts as you are.

Rosenritter

Isotope decay rates and the speed of light aren't constants but the.human population rate never changes? Did you even bother to read the article or were the words too big for you?

:chuckle: Then she's as nuts as you are.

Didn't bother with your article yet. My cell phone screen is too small for giving justice to large PDF files. I said I was on vacation this week without computer access.

Regardless of whatever your article might say, human nature has not changed in the past 4400 years, and men still band together and dominate their environment. But men are not bunnies, so your comparison wasn't valid. Prey animals like bunnies haven't taken over the world because they get eaten.

Last edited:

Silent Hunter

Didn't bother with your article yet. My cell phone screen is too small for giving justice to large PDF files. I said I was on vacation this week without computer access.
You'd be better off avoiding the conversation for the time being and doing a little research on the subject rather than show the world your ignorance. Avoid creationist sites, you will find no useful information therein.

Regardless of whatever your article might say, human nature has not changed in the past 4400 years, and men still band together and dominate their environment.
Yeah, so? You'll need to explain how this obvious non sequitur applies to other factors that affect population growth/decline.

Men are not bunnies, your comparison is invalid.
And you know this because of your extensive knowledge? All populations follow the same characteristic/variable growth rates regardless of species. You'll have to show why the creationist constant growth rate only applies to humans and no other species in spite of the known science.

Rosenritter

You'd be better off avoiding the conversation for the time being and doing a little research on the subject rather than show the world your ignorance. Avoid creationist sites, you will find no useful information therein.

Yeah, so? You'll need to explain how this obvious non sequitur applies to other factors that affect population growth/decline.

And you know this because of your extensive knowledge? All populations follow the same characteristic/variable growth rates regardless of species. You'll have to show why the creationist constant growth rate only applies to humans and no other species in spite of the known science.

Silent Hunter, I am not phased by your ad hominem attacks. I am well enough learned without needing your one specific PDF. Your suggestion to limit data to only that which is reported by sites agreeing with your world view is funny, however.

May I offer a suggestion that would help your argument? Refrain from straw man argumentative flaws such as assigning a "constant growth rate" claim which I certainly cannot recall stating. Show the courtesy of responding to the statements rather than creating weird arguments that seem easier to attack.

Again, amusing how controversial it is with you when I state that men are not bunnies. Or was it the prey vs hunter comparison that shocked you? Can't say because you haven't exactly been responding to what I say.

You asked about humans. You seriously haven't noticed that they behave differently from other species?

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Stripe, TOL's resident bobblehead.

Dear Silent Hunter,

I believe a sincere apology is in order here. Stripe is NOT a bobblehead. I've found him to be right most all of the time, so I don't know where you are coming from. You don't know him that well, evidently. So I don't know why you post so negatively. People die too. Now, it's past 4 a.m. here, so I don't have time to post anymore. 2morrow, I'll discuss it further.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.