Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cross Reference

The video dishonestly claims "The scientists in this documentary are some of the highest reguarded in the scientific community." After 10 minutes we were presented with John C. Whitcomb, Doctor of Theology, and Gary Parker, a biologist with no peer reviewed publications in Biology. Highest regarded? Nope. Scientific nonentities.

(You will need to fix your link, to include the last 'Y' in the URL. It is currently broken.)

To you I would say, "So what", the evidence requires no peer reviewing for anyone with a usable brain.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
For me it's even more difficult to understand that God, who is our true loving Father, who is changeless and already forgiving, could not bring himself to forgive the shortcomings of his children on earth (molested by the doctrines of the celestial administrator Satan who was allowed to rebel) until he saw his blameless Son tortured and nailed to a tree!!!!!!

Oh, so you'd like things to be as you would have had them, instead of God having His way, and all the details God wants? Aren't you playing God by refusing to accept His Ways and Will, by speaking against God and speaking in favor of how you would have done it, etc.? Do you know that is exactly what Lucifer did, and what Satan did, and now still is doing? They want to take God's place, and like you, they don't agree with the way in which God is doing things. Well, this is enough to tell you all in one post. You are Satan masquerading as a human, ranting and railing against the God you should be worshiping!! Enough said!!

There is a lot of human speculation built into religion. Proud man finds it difficult to accept simple forgiveness without something of equal value either given or substituted in return.

In the original good news gospel, Jesus didn't go around Israel teaching and preaching that we should kill him as a human sacrifice, that's absurd! Theoretical atonement theology was an after thought on the part of man, sacrifice minded Jewish men. This theory of blood sacrifice was already prevalent in the Pagan world that would, through a marriage of sorts, adopt Paul's version of the gospel.

If the Jews, who had been called to do so, would have accepted the original gospel, they would heave never rejected and killed Jesus, they would be teaching that gospel today from Jerusalem and Jesus would have returned to heaven without the tragic cross.

The Parable of the Tenants

33 “Listen to another parable: There was a landowner who planted a vineyard. He put a wall around it, dug a winepress in it and built a watchtower. Then he rented the vineyard to some farmers and moved to another place. 34 When the harvest time approached, he sent his servants to the tenants to collect his fruit.

35 “The tenants seized his servants; they beat one, killed another, and stoned a third. 36 Then he sent other servants to them, more than the first time, and the tenants treated them the same way. 37 Last of all, he sent his son to them. ‘They will respect my son,’ he said.

38 “But when the tenants saw the son, they said to each other, ‘This is the heir. Come, let’s kill him and take his inheritance.’ 39 So they took him and threw him out of the vineyard and killed him.

40 “Therefore, when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those tenants?”

41 “He will bring those wretches to a wretched end,” they replied, “and he will rent the vineyard to other tenants, who will give him his share of the crop at harvest time.”

42 Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures:

“‘The stone the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone;
the Lord has done this,
and it is marvelous in our eyes’
[a]?

43 “Therefore I tell you that the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people who will produce its fruit. 44 Anyone who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; anyone on whom it falls will be crushed.”[b]

45 When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard Jesus’ parables, they knew he was talking about them. 46 They looked for a way to arrest him, but they were afraid of the crowd because the people held that he was a prophet.

Last edited:

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Who is saying that you are casting out Satan. You're inviting him into each individual you deceive and prey upon. And you are Satan not casting out Satan. Is there any chance that you possibly understand what I'm saying here? Sure, I would suppose the UB would 'discredit' Satan, so he can work irregardless among everyone associated with the UB and your blasphemies.

Caino, you seem like a nice person, but your head is a bit messed up indeed, with errant ideas in it. So you've got man living on earth for 5.5 million years, eh. To perhaps feed the atheists 'chronological' age of the earth? "Life Carriers" eh? Give me a break!! How convenient that imagination comes up with simple untruths. And I suppose one of these Life Carriers came down and implanted Mary, eh? You change your beliefs as others dictate so that you can try to keep from tripping over yourself. I know your works, changing your beliefs as necessary when someone backs you into a corner. You just come up with a made-up answer for them and add it to your UB. God knows your works. You should know God's wrath. I'll just keep quiet and won't say another thing here.

You Showed Your Image and it was fine. You then showed your mind and it was not. What a shame!

Michael

You have a lot of faith in the celestial Satan who was defeated by Christ and doesn't even exist anymore. And he never did have the power projected onto him by people living in fear. It's more illogical, contradictory theology, the same people who say there is only one God have Satan as a God of this world. You have the other God drown the whole earth because he was not happy with his own creation but he keeps the Satan God alive to start the same problem over again!?!?

I suspect that deep in your heart you don't even believe a lot of this contradictory stuff but you are afraid of a mean, wrathful God who will torture you for eternity if you don't pretend as if you do.

God is good, God is love. People may fear a mean God but they will only truly love a good God.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Oh, so you'd like things to be as you would have had them, instead of God having his way, and all the details God wants? Aren't you playing God by refusing to accept His Ways and Will, by speaking against God and speaking in favor of how you would have done it, etc.? Do you know that is exactly what Lucifer did, and what Satan did, and now still is doing? They want to take God's place, and like you, they don't agree with the way in which God is doing things. Well, this is enough to tell you all in one post. You are Satan masquerading as a human, ranting and railing against the God you should be worshiping!! Enough said!!

Same thing, the Hebrew authors of the Old Testament were just writing about their limited concepts and beliefs about God. The God revealed in the life of Jesus was different than the Jews idea of him. In fact the Jews don't even practice the man made Leviticus laws anymore for the simple reason that they were primitive and barbaric compared to today. In the enlightened world we have evolved away from the great and terrible God of the Old Testament and more towards the God of Jesus.

Cross Reference

"The fear of the LORD [God held in awe] is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction".
Proverbs 1:7 (KJV)

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places". Ephesians 6:11-12 (KJV)

Question: What high places are these? Is it not, ". . . . the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Eph. 2:2 (KJV)

ClimateSanity

Same thing, the Hebrew authors of the Old Testament were just writing about their limited concepts and beliefs about God. The God revealed in the life of Jesus was different than the Jews idea of him. In fact the Jews don't even practice the man made Leviticus laws anymore for the simple reason that they were primitive and barbaric compared to today. In the enlightened world we have evolved away from the great and terrible God of the Old Testament and more towards the God of Jesus.

If Jesus is God, then he too is great and terrible. It just wasn't his will to show that side when he took on humanity.

Cross Reference

Academic authority be damned! What has academic authority ever produced out of their 'understandings' that you or anyone should place any credence in their so-called, "findings"?

Did you view the entire video?

gcthomas

Academic authority be damned! What has academic authority ever produced out of their 'understandings' that you or anyone should place any credence in their so-called, "findings"?

The video claimed academic authority, but it turned out to be lying about it. Why do YECs take to lying about being scientific so much? My humanist morality has that sort of dishonesty identified as thoroughly wrong - why don't they as self proclaimed Christians feel the same about their lies?

Did you view the entire video?

It is an 80 minute long AiG advocacy video, why would I watch it all? I gave it 10 minutes, and I could feel my brain atrophying already.

Why don't you summarise their best argument in a short reply, and I'll respond appropriately. This is a forum, not a film club.

Cross Reference

The video claimed academic authority, but it turned out to be lying about it. Why do YECs take to lying about being scientific so much? My humanist morality has that sort of dishonesty identified as thoroughly wrong - why don't they as self proclaimed Christians feel the same about their lies?

It is an 80 minute long AiG advocacy video, why would I watch it all? I gave it 10 minutes, and I could feel my brain atrophying already.

Then shut up!

Why don't you summarise their best argument in a short reply, and I'll respond appropriately. This is a forum, not a film club.

I am not going to try persuade someone who resists truth. Forget it. Watch the video.

gcthomas

Then shut up!

I am not going to try persuade someone who resists truth. Forget it. Watch the video.

Then what was the point of posting the video? Preaching to the choir? Unable to debate? Why didn't you just post your recommendation on the Youtube forum and leave it off ToL, if you are not going to comment about it? YOU started with the dishonest comments, remember, so you ought to accept responses and critiques, especially when your source has been caught lying. Aren't you embarrassed that your source relies on lies for its arguments?

ClimateSanity

Then what was the point of posting the video? Preaching to the choir? Unable to debate? Why didn't you just post your recommendation on the Youtube forum and leave it off ToL, if you are not going to comment about it? YOU started with the dishonest comments, remember, so you ought to accept responses and critiques, especially when your source has been caught lying. Aren't you embarrassed that your source relies on lies for its arguments?

AIG actually believes their own lies. It's an amazing human ability.

Cross Reference

What lies?

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You have a lot of faith in the celestial Satan who was defeated by Christ and doesn't even exist anymore. And he never did have the power projected onto him by people living in fear. It's more illogical, contradictory theology, the same people who say there is only one God have Satan as a God of this world. You have the other God drown the whole earth because he was not happy with his own creation but he keeps the Satan God alive to start the same problem over again!?!?

Dear Caino, I have no faith in a celestial Satan. And yes, he still does exist. His influence is running rampant down on the Earth right now, just as it says in Rev. 12:12KJV, "Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and of the sea, for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knows he hath but a short time." There is so very much that you don't even know and you are so immersed in your UB, that you are going to miss the boat this time around. God has His reasons for allowing Satan to be on the Earth, in spirit. God gives every man freedom of choice. They can choose God and His Words, or the devil, and his words. Satan is not god of anything.

I suspect that deep in your heart you don't even believe a lot of this contradictory stuff but you are afraid of a mean, wrathful God who will torture you for eternity if you don't pretend as if you do.

Caino, you suspect wrong. Deep in my heart, I believe in a Loving, Caring God. I know Him better than you!! God has His reasons for everything He does or allows. The reason I am with Him is not because of getting tortured for eternity. It is because I love Him so extremely much that I cannot live without Him, because I don't want an eternal life without Him. I love Him, Jesus and the Holy Ghost more than my OWN life easily and I seek to please Him instead of just pleasing myself. If I did not love Him so very much, I would have tossed in the towel a LONG time ago. Now you know.

God is good, God is love. People may fear a mean God but they will only truly love a good God.

God is good and loving. I don't fear a mean God. I trust Him enough to know that He has our best interests at His Heart. I fear Him only because He might fall out of love for me and be rid of me. I could scarcely bear that. It would be my nightmare. I have been tested severely by Satan for 42 years now and I'm pretty much invulnerable as to what he says or tries to pull. I am basically immune to anything he has to say. The only reason that you don't want to believe in Satan is because you're unknowingly helping him out with your rhetoric and efforts against the true God and, if you knew what you were truly doing, you would quit doing it. So Satan wants you to think he does not exist, lest you start believing the Bible wholeheartedly and quit working for him, setting up stumbling blocks for other people that you try to deceive with your UB stuff. Enough said. You won't believe me anyway.

Thanks for listening and sharing!!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dear Caino,

The Israelis still believe in the Old Testament and keep laws thereof. They keep ALL of the holy days or holidays. They still fast and they still celebrate the Sabbath each week. Yes, the God of Jesus is the same as the OT God. You see, Caino, too many people were choosing the devil, and his ways, so that most of the people would have NEVER KNOWN Eternal Life. So instead of them sinning and figuring that all that they had to do was buy a couple doves or lambs to burn for God to absolve them of their wrongdoings, God put something different to them, which is Jesus as a final sacrifice. The devil wins the souls of those who are doing his ways, compared to God, so those people should have gone to hell to be with Satan. But God interceded, knowing men were not as smart as the devil, so He offered us Christ as a scapegoat. By believing in Him, our sins can be absolved. It's all involved and I don't want to talk about it anymore right now. It's like I have to write a novelette for this one.

Jesus Take The Wheel For You And Yours,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"The fear of the LORD [God held in awe] is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction".
Proverbs 1:7 (KJV)

"Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places". Ephesians 6:11-12 (KJV)

Question: What high places are these? Is it not, ". . . . the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Eph. 2:2 (KJV)

Dear Cross Reference,

Yes, you keep hitting the nail on the head. It is really good to have you here, brother!! Everyone here seems to have their mindset where it is and they don't want to change anything. So all we can do is try to explain our beliefs well enough for someone to finally understand. Things are possible. A couple people changed their atheist status to something better. I was proud of them. Well, I'll close for now. Stick around forever!! Heeheheeee!!

May God Quadruple Your Countenance As Of This Day!!

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.