Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear iouae,

Thank you for the heads up. And you also 6days. I've learned quite a bit from you both. I'm happy with it. I learn a lot on this thread, even from alwight and Hedshaker. We have fun, eh? Learning is better than bowling. At least, it is probably more rewarding. Well, this thread is to the four of you, and even those whose names I didn't include.

God's Blessing Upon All & Cheerio!!

Michael

iouae

You have a god who experiments?
Your god obviously is not the Creator God of the Bible who is omnipotent and omniscient.

Scientists do this little thing called performing experiments. That's how they learn and grow.
God is a scientist.
The words you used to describe Him (omnipotent and omniscient) are not in the Bible.

God performed an experiment with Ab.
AIM: to see if Ab would follow Him whatever.
METHOD: go sacrifice Isaac.
RESULT: Ab went and was raising the knife to kill Isaac
CONCLUSION:
Genesis 22:12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

Only then did God know, after performing the experiment/test.

6days

Scientists do this little thing called performing experiments. That's how they learn and grow.
God is a scientist.
The words you used to describe Him (omnipotent and omniscient) are not in the Bible.
Your god may be impotent, but the Creator God of the Bible is omnipotent and omniscient. The Bible describes God as all knowing and all powerful.

iouae

Actually..... Neandertals are as human as you and I. They were descendants of Adam and Eve. We are descendants of them.
And...BTW... Neandertal DNA is about 99.7% similar to us. Your DNA and mine is about 99.9% similar. Science shows us the humanity of Neandertals which atheists, agnostics and Bible compromisers deny. (Even evolutionary magazines such as Scientific American have printed articles such as "Our Neandertal Brethren: Why They Were Not a Separate Species")

Like I said, some scientists call them a sub-species of humans, and some call them a separate species.
I gave my reasons why I consider them a separate species.

You really need to read about strata and sorting of fossils and only then will you acknowledge that some animals were not contemporaries of all others. Until then, you continue to insist that dinosaurs were around with A&E.

Like I said in my post, God wiped out all the ferocious animals which had populated earth, and 6000 years ago created A&E putting them into a sissy earth, telling them to have dominion over it.

Us girlie people would not have been able to have dominion over T. rex and the mega-fauna of past epochs. God was being supremely nice to us. Even the weather is nice and we obsess over "global warming" when during the Pleistocene, temperatures varied by 16 degrees centigrade, plunging them into regular ice ages.

God wanted "sheep" not butch apex predators like Neanderthals. That's why He tweaked the DNA slightly and made a sociable, talkative, innovative, religious, cooperative, trusting soul such as you.

6days

God wanted "sheep" not butch apex predators like Neanderthals. That's why He tweaked the DNA slightly and made a sociable, talkative, innovative, religious, trusting soul such as you.
That's what you believe... but it is not what God's Word tells us...Nor is your belief consistent with the evidence. Your belief system destroys the gospel, making the physical death of Last Adam unnecessary .

iouae

Your god may be impotent, but the Creator God of the Bible is omnipotent and omniscient. The Bible describes God as all knowing and all powerful.

The Bible also describes you as all knowing, and we know that is not true :)

1 John 2:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

iouae

Your belief system destroys the gospel, making the physical death of Last Adam unnecessary .

Why do you say that? I need the Last Adam as much as you do.

Are you of the school that believes nothing ate anything before the fall? And that death only entered the world through sin?

6days

The Bible also describes you as all knowing, and we know that is not true :)

Aside from you trying to take a verse out of context.....
Are you telling us that your god is not omniscient / all knowing?

iouae

Aside from you trying to take a verse out of context.....
Are you telling us that your god is not omniscient / all knowing?

There is a horrible, Calvinist view of God that He never learns one new thing, and never grows, never innovates, never improves, never creates, because He already knows "all things" including every thing everyone will ever do, ever. I cannot tell you how much I despise that heresy.

God learns and grows, and we will too, forever. That is why we will forever need faith, to follow God on that journey of exploration.

6days

Are you of the school that believes nothing ate anything before the fall?
Read your Bible
"Then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food." Plants do not have 'nepesh life'

And that death only entered the world through sin?
Again... Read your Bible.
"When Adam sinned, sin entered the world. Adam's sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned."

iouae

Again... Read your Bible.
"When Adam sinned, sin entered the world. Adam's sin brought death, so death spread to everyone, for everyone sinned."

Look at that verse you quoted and it is clearly speaking of HUMAN DEATH. To that point, no human had died.

It is not addressing animal death, or death in general, but addressing the thing God told A&E that in the day they eat it they would surely die.

I bet you do not even know whether God was referring here to the first death (which is like a sleep) or the second death (which is permanent).

6days

God learns and grows, and we will too, forever
Your god is a wee bit impotent.
My God...The God of the Bible is all knowing.
You really need read the Bible and discover the true God
"By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before him; for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything."

iouae

Your god is a wee bit impotent.
My God...The God of the Bible is all knowing.
You really need read the Bible and discover the true God
"By this we shall know that we are of the truth and reassure our heart before him; for whenever our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and he knows everything."

Just like you know everything :)

You are using the Bible like a maths textbook.
God does not know the future. He can want something to happen and make it come to pass because He has the power. But God will take Himself and us to places even He has not yet thought of. Eternity is a long time.

It is Calvanism to think the future is predestined. Every aspect of TULIP is wrong.

iouae

The Calvinist God ceased to be a Creator, if He knows all things.

Isaiah 40:28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.

To create means to make something new.

6days

Look at that verse you quoted and it is clearly speaking of HUMAN DEATH. To that point, no human had died.
True...
I think I see why you try compromise somewhere down the middle between what evolutionists believe and God's Word tells us. Your beliefs make a mockery of both science and Gods Word.
Science shows we are descendants of Neandertals.
God's Word tells us that everything reproduces after its kind.
His Word also tells us that Adam was created from the dust.
Eve was created from Adam's rib.
We have 4000 years of uninterrupted genealogies from first Adam to Last Adam
Science shows we are descendants of Neandertals.
Neandertals then are descendants of Adam and Eve.

Status
Not open for further replies.