Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
6days presents a claim he knows is false:
Yet Gould [Stephen J. Gould—the now deceased professor of paleontology from Harvard University] and the American Museum people are hard to contradict when they say there are no transitional fossils.

Barbarian once again shows that to be false:
Since we proposed punctuated equilibria to explain trends,*it is infuriating to be quoted again and again by creationists—whether through design or stupidity, I do not know—as admitting that the fossil record includes no transitional forms.Transitional forms are generally lacking at the species level, but they are abundant between larger groups."
Stephen Jay Gould,Evolution as Fact and Theory, Hen's Teeth and Horse's Toes: Further Reflections in Natural History, New York: W. W. Norton & Company, 1994, p. 260

You've been shown that Gould did not say there are no transitionals. In fact, you knew that Gould pointed out that there are transitionals. Yet you persist in posting a falsehood about it. Do you think no one notices?

Cross Reference

So it's the global scientific conspiracy to mislead us all that I still stubbornly refuse to acknowledge, I'm so dumb.:rolleyes:

Global scientific conspiracy?

Yes, and a great example for mental entropy. However, your admission could be the beginning of a reversal, if you let happen. And for the sake of true scientific research, that reversal should be noted to have been assisted by an outside force.

Dumbness happens when the subject matter doesn't get out of his own way in trying to understand the simple things of life; does nothing to improve his mental faculties, with the end resulting in the same death throes as the "garbage in, garbage out" syndrome. That seems to be your state of being, from I read of you and from the "dumb" company you keep.. The cure?? Help from the outside. It's up to you.

This is said all in jest, of course. :rolleyes:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So it's the global scientific conspiracy to mislead us all that I still stubbornly refuse to acknowledge., I'm so dumb.:
Well, no. It's your determined grasp on evolutionary dogma regardless of the evidence that makes you dumb.

For example, you still have not described how the sun powers genetic complexity.

Cross Reference

Well, no. It's your determined grasp on evolutionary dogma regardless of the evidence that makes you dumb.

For example, you still have not described how the sun powers genetic complexity.

Answering questions is against evolution theory protocol. We have empirical evidence that proves that.

gcthomas

Which part are you deliberately not understanding?

That the sun powers the metabolism of plants and subsequently animals?

Or that this energy can be used to work against the gentle trend to disorder?

Or that information entropy is different to thermal entropy and follows different principles?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned

That the sun powers the metabolism of plants and subsequently animals?

Or that this energy can be used to work against the gentle trend to disorder?

Or that information entropy is different to thermal entropy and follows different principles?
All that and more for our friend Stripe.

alwight

Yes, and a great example for mental entropy. However, your admission could be the beginning of a reversal, if you let happen. And for the sake of true scientific research, that reversal should be noted to have been assisted by an outside force.
Yes, I see it all now, clearly science has been misleading me for years. :shocked:
Everything I've read or seen that hasn't come from a proper accredited (YEC) source, has all been lies and deception. :noway:

Common descent : lies!
Old Earth : lies!
Phylogenetic tree : lies!
Speciation : lies!
Evolution by means of natural selection : lies!​
Clearly I've been wasting my whole life believing that this stuff was all true when all the time the historical literal truth was there for all to see exactly as described in the book of Genesis, the whole time! :doh:

Dumbness happens when the subject matter doesn't get out of his own way in trying to understand the simple things of life; does nothing to improve his mental faculties, with the end resulting in the same death throes as the "garbage in, garbage out" syndrome. That seems to be your state of being, from I read of you and from the "dumb" company you keep.. The cure?? Help from the outside. It's up to you.

This is said all in jest, of course. :rolleyes:
So all I need do then is to totally empty my mind of all that science based gobbledygook and simply believe unquestioningly whatever Genesis or Stripe says, regardless of what the evil global scientific conspiracy cabal may say and to believe in the global flood and hydroplate theory instead! :idea:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No part. You are yet to answer the question. :idunno:

The sun powers the metabolism of plants and subsequently animals... This energy can be used to work against the gentle trend to disorder.
How? The question is how. What mechanism is in play?

Information entropy is different to thermal entropy and follows different principles.
We're not talking about a specific type of entropy; just the general principle that everything degrades.

Yes, I see it all now, clearly science has been misleading me for years. :shocked:Everything I've read or seen that hasn't come from a proper accredited (YEC) source, has all been lies and deception. :noway:[I][CENTER]Common descent : lies!Old Earth : lies!Phylogenetic tree : lies!Speciation : lies!Evolution by means of natural selection : lies![/CENTER][/I]Clearly I've been wasting my whole life believing that this stuff was all true when all the time the historical literal truth was there for all to see exactly as described in the book of Genesis, the whole time! :doh: So all I need do then is to totally empty my mind of all that science based gobbledygook and simply believe unquestioningly whatever Genesis or [B]Stripe[/B] says, regardless of what the evil global scientific conspiracy cabal may say and to believe in the global flood and hydroplate theory instead! :idea:
Actually, we'd prefer you to stick with what you believe and learn to engage rationally. Then you might have a chance of learning something instead of rabidly sticking to your guns even when it is shown that you have clearly made a mistake.

Jose Fly

The main scientific reason why there is no evidence for evolution in either the present or the past

Um...you've posted examples of not only populations evolving, but examples of populations evolving into new species.

You need to make up your mind.

No exception to the second law of thermodynamics has ever been found -- not even a tiny one.

Which is in a lower state of entropy, two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom, or a water molecule?

Jose Fly

Yes, I see it all now, clearly science has been misleading me for years. :shocked:
Everything I've read or seen that hasn't come from a proper accredited (YEC) source, has all been lies and deception. :noway:

Common descent : lies!
Old Earth : lies!
Phylogenetic tree : lies!
Speciation : lies!
Evolution by means of natural selection : lies!​
Clearly I've been wasting my whole life believing that this stuff was all true when all the time the historical literal truth was there for all to see exactly as described in the book of Genesis, the whole time! :doh:

You have to go further than that.

Plate tectonics: lies!
A moving earth: lies!
Planets that orbit the sun: lies!
A round earth: lies!

And creationists can't figure out why no one takes them seriously.....:rotfl:

alwight

I have been reborn Stripe, I now believe everything you say, no really! ;)

I now think exactly as you do of course, but I used to believe that the sun's energy was the fuel source that powered life on Earth, and why leaves are green.
However, now I believe that God just chose whatever colours he liked to make this world fit for his created people to live in and have dominion over.
I used to think that natural selection produced adaptions that were beneficial rather than a liability, leading to higher complexity in DNA information, all because of the constant stream of energy from the sun that lowered entropy :rolleyes:.

gcthomas

We're not talking about a specific type of entropy; just the general principle that everything degrades.

There is only a general principle like that on your own head. Reality doesn't work like that.

What evidence do you have to show it is a general principle for all things?

6days

Um...you've posted examples of not only populations evolving, but examples of populations evolving into new species.
I have posted examples of rapid adaptation and speciation.
That is science.
But the belief that life 'evolved'' from non-life. ..or the belief that life evolved from a common ancestor is psuedoscience

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Evolutionists: State a physical law, they demand evidence.

Next you will be asking for evidence that water is wet. :rolleyes:

And all the while, the question remains unanswered. How does the sun power genomic diversity?

Jose Fly

I have posted examples of rapid adaptation and speciation.

Right. You posted examples of rapid evolution of new traits and even species, things your sources and some of your fellow creationists say can't happen.

Let me know when you guys figure this out.

And you didn't answer the question: Which is in a lower entropy state, two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom, or a water molecule?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You didn't answer the question: Which is in a lower entropy state, two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom, or a water molecule?

You first. :up:

How does the sun power increases in a genome's complexity?

gcthomas

Evolutionists: State a physical law, they demand evidence.

You didn't state a physical law. You made up a rule hopeful that it would bolster your argument, regardless of whether it was true.

If you make up fake principles, you are going to get evidence requests, aren't you?

So, about this alleged principle that everything tends to disorder...

noguru

You have to go further than that.

Plate tectonics: lies!
A moving earth: lies!
Planets that orbit the sun: lies!
A round earth: lies!

And creationists can't figure out why no one takes them seriously.....:rotfl:

Yet they are certain slapping the label Christian on themselves gives them credibility and respectability.

Status
Not open for further replies.