Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

noguru

Dear noguru,

Well, I thought your joke was fine and quite funny!! I can't see any black person being offended by it. I've had many black friends and I don't see them minding at all.

So how have you been doing? You getting out to the beach at all this summer? We've got the in-ground pool in the backyard. It takes a bit of care and expense, but it's kept clean all year round, regardless. Plus we have an impenetrable fence surrounding the back yard, 7 ft. high concrete block, so that no little kids get in the yard and drown. That happens a lot here in Phoenix, especially during the summer. Now in the winter, we don't put a cover over it. If we didn't keep it clean all winter and summer, we would have mosquitoes BAD!!

So what do you think about Pluto? Lots of info and mystery. Cool. So we've finally made it to every planet in our solar system. I guess we did it just in time. Heheheheee!! No, I'm not explaining that one. Too bad we don't know more about Venus!! Someday, I'm sure. Yeah, like after we make it to Heaven!! Yippee!!!

Praise The Lord!!

Michael

:thumb: :guitar: :angel: :angel: :cloud9:

I went to the pool with Amy and her 2 boys a couple days ago. Bringing 2 young boys all the way to the beach (it is only 15 minutes away but with parking and all that it ends up being a half days efforts) is the best and we all like it when there is time. But the pool is better for some things. No sand, and I have been trying to teach Dallas how to swim. So a pool is better for that. There are 2 pools in my complex, I do laps for 40 minutes a few times a week. But that is part of my exercise routine.

noguru

Hi Michael, the idea was that it's about mind over matter, just the thought of having to deal with something unpleasant seems to be enough to overrule hiccups. If it isn't unpleasant any more then it seems to stop working.

:think:

The next time I have hiccups I am just going to think about going to the motor vehicle department.

alwight

Wow. Not only do you brits like Benedict Arnold, but you got a way of serving eggs named after him? I am henceforth demanding my eggs be scrambled. (Do eggs benedict taste good?)
Well, to be honest I don't think I've ever had them, it all seems a bit complicated, poached turned and then grilled, poor old Benedict Arnold, my hero obviously. ;)

noguru

Well, to be honest I don't think I've ever had them, it all seems a bit complicated, poached turned and then grilled, poor old Benedict Arnold, my hero obviously. ;)

Ultimately he ended up being a better patriot (for the colonies) than Paul Revere.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi Michael, the idea was that it's about mind over matter, just the thought of having to deal with something unpleasant seems to be enough to overrule hiccups. If it isn't unpleasant any more then it seems to stop working.

I wonder if your mother didn't tell you that God sent hiccups, which was easier than perhaps having to explain to kids what they were and why they had them? :)

Dear alwight,

My mother didn't tell me that God sent hiccups. I learned this when I was around 18 years old.

Michael

:cloud9: :singer: :cloud9: :angel:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I went to the pool with Amy and her 2 boys a couple days ago. Bringing 2 young boys all the way to the beach (it is only 15 minutes away but with parking and all that it ends up being a half days efforts) is the best and we all like it when there is time. But the pool is better for some things. No sand, and I have been trying to teach Dallas how to swim. So a pool is better for that. There are 2 pools in my complex, I do laps for 40 minutes a few times a week. But that is part of my exercise routine.

Dear noguru,

You have some excellent choices. You have a beach and a swimming pool. I'll bet the kids love to go to the beach though. They don't realize what is all involved with taking a cooler with drinks and some food in it. And the hot sand sometimes. I'm really glad that you can do laps for 40 minutes. Sounds like you've been working out. How old is Dallas? I didn't learn to swim until I was 16 years old. I learned in high school. My father and my uncle were teaching me and my sister to swim. They took us out into the deeper water and said 'cup your hands and swim,' and let us go. I swallowed a lot of water that day and did NOT learn how to swim. Just gave me a terrible experience. My sister felt the same way. We did not learn to swim that day. Eeeeeeeeeeekk!!

Much Love, In Christ, noguru,

Michael

:singer: :cloud9: :cloud9: :guitar:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Wow. Not only do you brits like Benedict Arnold, but you got a way of serving eggs named after him? I am henceforth demanding my eggs be scrambled. (Do eggs benedict taste good?)

Dear DavisBJ,

I'm not so sure they were invented by the Brits. Considering they have Hollandaise Sauce on them, I would guess they are French or Canadian. Probably Canadian. You take a toasted, buttered half of an English muffin, top with a warm slice of Canadian Bacon, and then a Poached Egg* on top, and pour Hollandaise Sauce over it. The yolk in the Poached Egg mixes in with the sauce. It's all in the sauce, basically. And yes, it's delicious!! But you'd best make your sauce ahead of time. YUUUUMMMM!!

*I'm sure you could use a fried egg or scrambled eggs if you like.

Michael

:singer: :guitar: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Last edited:

DavisBJ

Dear DavisBJ,

I'm not so sure they were invented by the Brits. Considering they have Hollandaise Sauce on them, I would guess they are French or Canadian. Probably Canadian. You take a toasted, buttered half of an English muffin, top with a warm slice of Canadian Bacon, and then a Poached Egg* on top, and pour Hollandaise Sauce over it. The yolk in the Poached Egg mixes in with the sauce. It's It's all in the sauce, basically. And yes, it's delicious!! But you'd best make your sauce ahead of time. YUUUUMMMM!!

*I'm sure you could use a fried egg or scrambled eggs if you like.

Michael
Thanks, Michael. It is just as I suspected, there is nothing American about eggs benedict. French, Canadian bacon, on an English muffin, and you say even the sauce is from Holland. They should be outlawed in the US.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear DavisBJ,

The eggs are laid by our hens!! No, once you've had them, you will be glad that they are not outlawed!

Cheerio!!

Michael

alwight

Dear Alwight,

I'm using Windows 8.1.

Michael
Hi Michael, then all you need do is to right click (one click) on a link you would normally left click on to go to a post. You should then get a pop-up menu from which you can choose to open it in a new window (or a new tab). You will keep the first window as it was to use it as normal, compose a reply, but you will now have a second widow that you can set up on any post you want to refer to or copy from. Geddit? :sherlock:

alwight

Dear DavisBJ,

The eggs are laid by our hens!! No, once you've had them, you will be glad that they are not outlawed!

Cheerio!!

Michael
Aparently "Eggs Benedict" was in fact nothing to do with Benedict Arnold at all, my bad.
I gather that a Lemuel Benedict is credited with them.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggs_Benedict

Clearly, getting the real facts straightened out from evidence rather than sticking to your own faulty assumptions is way better than what you may want to believe instead Michael? :plain:

DavisBJ

Dear DavisBJ,

Where do you live?
Good buddy Michael, back in post 10689 you seemed to conclude I lived in Japan. However, if you backtrack you will find I indicated I was in Japan “right now”. (I also mentioned that in my recent private response to you.) I have need to visit Japan occasionally for a few weeks at a time.

But where do I really live? If the most dangerous volcano in the US had a major eruption, my community could be cut off as far as access to potable water, food, gas, electricity, and most communications. But my neighborhood is not likely to be in the path of any lahars or lava flows.
To be honest, DavisBJ, I cannot totally rule out the last version of what I claimed. I will only find out truly when I go be with God. If He tells me before I go to be with Him, I'll leave it here in writing. Otherwise, I have embraced the new version of my beliefs about that subject. Does that do the trick for you?
Yes, it is enough. But let me show you what this tells me in summary. You frequently ask others to trust you, to accept that you have received knowledge not generally known, and so on. Here is a snapshot of how reliable you are as a source of religious teaching.

It starts when in your book, you said:
:)jawdrop: YEC)It was additionally made very clear to me…​
Aug 11, 2013, post 1 :)jawdrop: YEC)you explicitly defended old-earth.
Aug 14, 2013,post 44, speaking of old earth ideas:
:)jawdrop: YEC)for those who can understand it. For those of you who can't, it is meant to be that way. It is kept from minds that are not ready for it.​
You reiterated old earth in a couple more posts :)jawdrop: YEC).
You challenged Delmar on old earth, (Sep 1, 2013, post 156.

You touched on old earth in a few more posts, but then on Sep 20, 2013,post 432 you again declared how firm your knowledge was:
:)jawdrop: YEC)I KNOW about these things without any DOUBTS because I truly received them from the Lord God and angels. … the Lord has spoken to me when He has wanted to. … We have already lived many lives and returned back in different bodies to get another chance at choosing God over Satan, but this right now is the last chance for a long time to come.​
Oct 22, 2013, post 767, you really went into left field:
:)jawdrop: YEC)There was life on Mars at one time and Our God oversaw it. … And He created man there and woman there. … And a whole existence happened there before this life we have on 'this' Earth…. This is what I've been told about the matter. God has not been too privy on the details, just He wanted me to know the basics.​
Interspersed in the next few thousand posts, you strongly disavow allegiance to YEC. :)jawdrop: YEC)

Then comes July of 2014. That was an amazing month watching how many times you switched sides.
Jul 12, 2014, post 4302:
:)D YEC)I am now a YEC.​
Jul 23, 2014, post 4413:
:)jawdrop: YEC)You're photos … have caused me to stick with my original beliefs that I had before embarrassing myself terribly. I am going to stick with being an OEC (Old Earth Creationist), just like I was before. I thought that maybe I should think YEC (Young Earth Creationist) because I was swayed and thought, well maybe I had heard a 'lying spirit'. But no, it was really the Lord Who did guide me through that experience. There has been more than one Adam and I stick with my original premise. I hope that I did not delete it from my Post No. 1 on THIS THREAD.​
Jul 23, 2014, post 4417:
:)D YEC)Well, I guess I will remain a YEC instead​
(Jul 25, 2014,post 4464:
:)jawdrop: YEC)I prayed to God once again … The Lord told me He made MORE than one Adam. It is still exactly as I originally wrote in my book. So I got talked into becoming a YEC by 6days for nothing.​
Jul 27, 2014, post 4490:
:)D YEC)Maybe I should be YEC.​
On average, in 4 days of the last week July of 2014, you switched sides every day.

Since then, you haven’t been as wishy-washy, but you have hardly been a gung-ho YEC.

Aug 1, 2014, post 4679:
:)D YEC)I'm still trying to decide whether I want to be OEC or YEC. It's like 40-60 right now.​
Aug 1, 2014, post 6064:
:)jawdrop: YEC)I've gone from OEC to YEC and back.​
Oct 23, 2014, post 6396:
:)D YEC)I am a YEC now.​
Apr 4, 2015, post 8016:
:)D YEC)I am a YEC. … If I am an OEC, then God will ask me why I didn't believe the Bible as the Creation story is written. He will say, where is your faith regarding the Creation by Him​
Apr 16, 2015, post 8185:
:)D YEC)How is it that the Earth was created a few days apart from when man was created, and yet the Earth is older than man by billions of years? You figure someone lied in the Bible? Or didn't know they were mistaken?​
May 20, 2015, post 8881:
:)jawdrop: YEC)I am leaning towards being an OEC quite quickly. I prayed about it.​
May 20, 2015, post 8892:
:)D YEC)You both brought me back to being a YEC.​

Michael, Though I am surprised at how frequently you have flip-flopped on the YEC issue, I am more amazed at how little regard you have demonstrated for what you claim were your original sources. Here in one package is what you have said about the sources that led you to conclude YEC is not right:

A - It was additionally made very clear to me…

B - for those who can understand it. For those of you who can't, it is meant to be that way. It is kept from minds that are not ready for it.

C - I KNOW about these things without any DOUBTS because I truly received them from the Lord God and angels

D - God has not been too privy on the details, just He wanted me to know the basics.

E - it was really the Lord Who did guide me through that experience (briefly into YEC and out).

F - I prayed to God once again … It is still exactly as I originally wrote in my book.

G - I am leaning towards being an OEC quite quickly. I prayed about it.

7 separate times you claimed personal divine guidance directing you that OEC was correct.

Do you know how many times you have claimed personal divine guidance towards YEC? I’ll let you look through the thread to count.

Your logic:
God told me … God told me … God told me … God told me … God told me ... God told me ... God told me
Then
6days told me the opposite… Wow, thanks, 6days, for revealing the truth.
Michael, do you see just a smidgeon as to why there is no credibility left in your claims of carrying a divine message for the world?
In other words, you do want to learn about my book and God, and Jesus? That sounds promising.
It should be rather obvious that I have your book, and have read it, and that I am well acquainted with Christian doctrine. I really wish you were equally as well acquainted with science.

Oyasumi Nasai

DavisBJ

Last edited:

rstrats

MichaelCadry,

re: "See my Post #10721."

I'm afraid I don't see what your post #10721 has to do with my question to 6days. What do you have in mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.