Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

noguru

Dear noguru,

OK. I didn't notice that part. I'm sorry!

Michael

Kudos to you Michael for having the courage to admit when you are wrong. I takes more courage to admit when you are wrong than to stubbornly ignore/deny your error. If you stay on that path and stop following the YECs who are incapable of admitting when they are wrong, you will soon be back to reality.

noguru

It's scary to think that some in the US have to be dishonest about their beliefs to get elected while others are openly YECs and are considered honest and worthy enough to deal with reality.

I agree. If someone running for office admitted they were a YEC, like Palin, then I certainly would not vote for them. I would figure they are too oblivious to reality to be effective in office, and would probably be more problematic than beneficial.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Most Christians here, typically are not creationists. YE Creationists here would probably be given the same level of respect as belief in a flat earth. ;)

A good science class won't preach, it will demonstrate and show how evidence is explainable scientifically and by Darwinian evolution when appropriate, not just assert it.

Well, I don't know why people shouldn't give me respect. Well, my science class didn't explain things scientifically. They just told us.

Darwin was a creationist until he learnt better by seeing the evidence.

I thought Darwin changed his beliefs on evolution and recanted, and went back to creationism.

Scientific theories are not there to be proven correct. The ToE only remains because it continues to best explain the natural evidence scientifically. Geology shows the great age of the Earth, the ToE indicates how life has evolved over that kind of timescale, and not over just a few thousand years.

A few thousand years is a long time.

I went to Christian schools but it was never suggested that creationism was anything other than a Biblical story. Only what was demonstrably science was taught in science classes.

Things that you're l'ble to read in the Bible ain't necessarily so Michael. ;)

So you went to Christian schools? Good for you!! I've had the Lord visit me and He didn't say creationism was wrong, but I'm sure He will let me know as soon as He is ready.

What I read in the Bible, I'll hold to firmly. Thanks Alwight!!

Good Blessings,

Michael

:) :rapture:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Not factual alwight, and in my experience, being on 4 forums like this, YEC is widely held by those who are NOT influenced by grade school evolutionary false teaching.

Dear StanJ,

Just what I needed. Some support. At least I know that I am not alone. It gets rough sometimes. God, show me the way!!

Much Love, In Jesus Christ

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:rotfl:

The irony is just too much here sometimes. People in grade school do not understand evolution comprehensively. I was probably an exception because of my outside interest in marine biology, fisheries, herpetology, geology...It is the YECs, here and on every other sight I have been to, that have a very elementary (and that is being generous) understanding of biology and most of the other areas of science.

Oh, noguru, I do understand biology. I was an A student in school. It's just that I believed my Bible more than I believed my textbook. I'm happy where I'm at. I understand other science as well, including chemistry. God is an excellent chemist to create man from the dirt, don't you think?

I just love when a guy who has only studied non sense about the Bible, comes here and tells all other professional researchers from 99% of the other fields that they are wrong because of what "he learned about the Bible". Talk about the absurdity and tyranny of religion.

:rotfl:

Well, if you love it when a guy does that, then you should just love me tons!! There are other fields besides science. Like theology and church. If I had my way, I would have went to a seminary and become a Pastor. But God had other plans for me.

Much Love To You, Buddy!!

Michael

:confused: :rapture:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
and this clearly shows two things. The majority of U.S. citizens are NOT true believers, and the road to destruction is much wider than the narrow way.

Dear Barbarian and StanJ,

Thanks for the chart. It shows I am not alone at all. Thank you StanJ for bringing it to Barbarian's attention. Mark SeaSigh called me today and said Hi to everyone here.

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:shocked:

Ah, so a "true believer" has to believe exactly what Satnj says they should believe, and if they don't they are headed straight for hell. What a delightful person you are, Satnj.

Dear noguru,

No one said you're headed straight for hell. First you go to the Tanning Salon. Just joking!!

Michael

:shocked: :rapture:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I was really only talking about here in the UK, where even openly gay and atheistic people are often voted into office.

Dear alwight,

Well, I should hope so. There's no reason that an openly gay person or atheist should not get voted for. You must remember, I spent most of my life being gay. But not an atheist. Still, should be fine. Atheists have love inside too. I can tell that you do, so that gives me hope.

To A Wonderful Guy!!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well we have not elected into state or federal office any atheists knowingly. I know of a few openly gay people that were elected into local government offices. Perhaps they were atheists. Bill Maher is pretty certain that Obama is an agnostic/atheist. Perhaps a lot of YECs here think he is gay also.

Dear noguru,

I tend to think that Obama just might be a bit Islamic. But I don't think he is gay by any means. Michelle is a wonderful wife to have. She's smart, strong and funny!! I just love her. Obama doesn't deserve her. He should have been up front with his feelings about Israel. I wouldn't have voted for him.

Thanks For Being So Cool,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I gather that atheistic candidates in the US are usually pragmatic enough to fake some kind of belief or to mumble a few suitable words. :plain:

Dear Alwight,

That's exactly what Obama did. He pretended he was from a Christian church. But his name is Muslim. I thought it was just Hawaiian, but did I find out different.

God's Best For You!!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:shocked:

You mean there are people who have no faith yet they use the power of speech to deceive others and try to gain fellowship from those around them. They might even start gradually to hold a little belief in the things that have been repeated so much in their circle. Because they have memorized the words but not actually investigated the implications. And their internal doubt makes them all that much more vocal and adamant about what they have been taught to believe as a way to hide that doubt from others.

No please, say it isn't so.

I am imagining two people at a YEC convention. One slips and lets on to the other that he is actually an atheist, but felt the YEC stance was drastic enough so that no one would question his faith. Then the other one says "I thought I was the only one."

Of course in the distorted mind of many YECs they would blame the atheist for being dishonest rather than admit that social pressure has a lot to do with people's attempts to fit in.

Dear noguru,

Wow, this is a long post by you. I don't know if I can answer such, but I'll try, even though I can't address it as well. Not all YECs have distorted minds. I keep in my mind that perhaps YEC is not the way to go, but God always wins out with the 6days of Creation. I can't see God taking 220 million years to make the Earth and mankind. That's the best I can do with this long post.

God Bless You, Dude!!

Michael

:shocked: :rapture:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:chuckle:
We've even got people with beliefs in those "false" religions (aren't they all?) openly part of government, and the sky didn't fall down. :shocked:

Dear alwight,

I'm sure it's not the end of the world, Al. But wow, I am so pleased that Jesus is Returning Soon!!

Cheerio Mate,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well I would say any religion that ignores or tries to hide what science is discovering about the physical reality around us, is certainly a false religion in that regard.

And one has to wonder what else are they being deceptive about, seeing that our current physical reality should be pretty high up there on anyone's priority list?

Dear noguru,

My religion doesn't ignore or hide what science is discovering. I believe in most of science, but I also believe in the Creation account. My reality isn't disheveled by my priority list.

Much Love, In Jesus Christ,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It's scary to think that some in the US have to be dishonest about their beliefs to get elected while others are openly YECs and are considered honest and worthy enough to deal with reality.

Dear alwight,

Yes, the US has a bit of catching up with Great Britain. You all accepted gays way before the U.S. But YECs are honest and worthy enough to deal with reality just fine. I just have not been convinced that Darwin knew what he was talking about. I certainly don't believe that man was preceded by a chimp!

Wonderful Blessings Be Yours,

Michael

:think: :rapture:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Kudos to you Michael for having the courage to admit when you are wrong. I takes more courage to admit when you are wrong than to stubbornly ignore/deny your error. If you stay on that path and stop following the YECs who are incapable of admitting when they are wrong, you will soon be back to reality.

Dearest noguru,

Thank you for being so kind to me!! As soon as I feel right about it, I will continue to be a YEC proudly!

Much Love To You, Brother,

Michael

:shocked: :)

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I agree. If someone running for office admitted they were a YEC, like Palin, then I certainly would not vote for them. I would figure they are too oblivious to reality to be effective in office, and would probably be more problematic than beneficial.

Dear noguru,

So Sarah Palin is a YEC? Cool!! I think we need a Republican president to get a better life going in the U.S. We've given Democrats 8 years and it doesn't seem to be going too well. Maybe I'm wrong. I will see who wins. If it is Hillary, I'm not voting for her. We need a man in office for now. Someone who can be strong enough for us to crush ISIS definitively and immediately!!

God's Very Best To You, Noguru,

Michael

:think: :)

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Young earth creationists believe Gods word is all.

everready

Dear everready,

You hit the nail right on the head!! I believe in God's Word!! If He wants me to believe different, I will. I will wait to go to Heaven and ask Him if I have to. If He tells me before I go to Heaven, I will let everyone here know. I've asked Him already a number of times, and still I am a staunch supporter of a Young Earth Creation. Thanks for helping out my heart, everready!! I'm not alone!!

God Bless You Tons And Tons!!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
anytime Brother.

Dear StanJ,

Thank you so very much!! This is getting harder and harder. I just feel like the Universe has been increased by God within the past 6,000 years and that the Earth is only 6,000-some years old. God said He did it all in 6 days. Why shouldn't I believe Him? Why doesn't anyone get that??

God Bless Your Heart And Soul, Dude!!

Michael

:rapture: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.