Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

everready

Thats observable science and part of the Biblical creationist model.

Thats non - observable psuedoscience and contradictory to God's Word.

That's your religion, which calls God a liar.

He tells us "For in six days the LORD made the heavens, the earth, the sea, and everything in them; but on the seventh day he rested. That is why the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart as holy."

Not sure of your point but nature is an inferior thing.

"They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen." Rom. 1:25

*We believe our omnipotent *Creator spoke creation into existence.
"*For when he spoke, the world began! It appeared at his command."Psalm 33:9

"By*faith we understand that the entire universe was formed at God's command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen."Hebrews 11:3

Well said 6days. :)

everready

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear 6days,

Yes, thank you! That was wonderful!! God's got a good champion in you!! You always know the right things to say and do. Kudos!! I really appreciate it.

Much Love, In Christ,

Michael

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
Change in allele frequency over time.

Anything creationists finally realize that they can no longer deny, they call "part of the Biblical creationist model." But of course, it's not in the Bible, and creationists fought tooth and nail against it, until they decided they believed it all along.

Barbarian continues:
And ultimately, common descent.

Thats non - observable psuedoscience

Directly observed. Even many creationists are not admitting the evolution of new species, genera, and families. No point in denying that.

DNA analysis confirms the common descent of all living things on Earth, as was first uncovered by Linnaeus hundreds of years ago.

and contradictory to God's Word.

Creationists have presumed that they speak for God.

Barbarian observes:
Evolution is God's creation.

That's your religion,

Christianity. But Christianity does not include science, nor does it endorse or reject evolution. Or electrons, or organic chemistry, or many other things. Some things God left us to find out for ourselves.

6Days accuses Christianity:
which calls God a liar.

We're used to that. Your little slander has no effect on anything but your soul.

Barbarian observes:
Nature is His creation, like every other thing that exists. The gnostic idea that nature is an inferior thing, created by a demiurge, is heresy.

God said it is very good.

St. Paul anticipates creationists:
"They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen." Rom. 1:25

Set your pride aside, and let it be His way. And stop accusing His people of calling Him a liar.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Barbarian observes:change in allele frequency over time.Anything creationists finally realize that they can no longer deny, they call "part of the Biblical creationist model." But of course, it's not in the Bible, and creationists fought tooth and nail against it, until they decided they believed it all along.Barbarian continues:And ultimately, common descent.Directly observed. Even many creationists are not admitting the evolution of new species, genera, and families. No point in denying that. DNA analysis confirms the common descent of all living things on Earth, as was first uncovered by Linnaeus hundreds of years ago. Creationists have presumed that they speak for God. Barbarian observes: Evolution is God's creation. Christianity. But Christianity does not include science, nor does it endorse or reject evolution. Or electrons, or organic chemistry, or many other things. Some things God left us to find out for ourselves. 6Days accuses Christianity: We're used to that. Your little slander has no effect on anything but your soul. Barbarian observes: Nature is His creation, like every other thing that exists. The gnostic idea that nature is an inferior thing, created by a demiurge, is heresy. God said it is very good. st. Paul anticipates creationists: "They traded the truth about God for a lie. So they worshiped and served the things God created instead of the Creator himself, who is worthy of eternal praise! Amen." Rom. 1:25 Set your pride aside, and let it be His way. And stop accusing His people of calling Him a liar.
Sorry.

The Bible says God created the world and everything in it in six days.

Your nonsense does not qualify as Biblical, scientific or rational.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Stipe asserts his modern revision of God's word:
The Bible says God created the world and everything in it in six days.

Even the ancient Christians knew that the "days" of Genesis were not literal 24-hour days. As they pointed out, mornings and evenings with no Sun to have them, clearly showed that "yom" did not mean literal days.

St. Augustine wrote that they were categories of creation, set out in allegory as periods of time. And no one at the time argued with him.

Your nonsense does not qualify as Biblical, scientific or rational. As usual, you make no attempt at forming a cogent argument, merely chanting your new doctrine as though it were some kind of magic protection against reason.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Stripe,

You are very right!! God knows how long a morning and evening are. Before the sun or after, do you think that was hidden from God?? Why would God not call the morning and evening 24-hours for the first few days, and then 24-hours for the remaining days of Creation? He's not going to let the first few days be millions of years old, and then the creation of the sun and moon be 24-hours. It would seem to be dishonest, which I doubt. But I digress. I would put my money on God no matter what happens. He's trustworthy, truthful, wise and loving. Better that I believe what is written in the Bible as 24-hour days, than risk myself being wrong. If it turns out to be longer, God will not hold it against me. If I believe instead that God's 24-hour days were really thousands of years each, I risk believing in a lie and not believing in the Creation story of truth.

This post is also for The Barbarian, mostly. Stripe already has proven he knows what he speaks of. The Barbarian, you were doing so well for a while there. What happened?

God Be With You Always, Stripe!!

Michael

everready

According to evolutionists when did the time line change when did the 12 hour day begin?

Jesus said.

John 11:9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.

Days lasting millions of years suddenly brought to an abrupt halt must have been terrifying, amazing, unbelievable?

everready

alwight

Ancient coral growth rings and the moon's recession shows that the Earth's spin has been slowing down during it's entire history.

"Hints of inconsistent Earthly timekeeping come through natural calendars preserved in fossils. Corals, for example, go through daily and seasonal growing cycles that form bands akin to growth rings in trees; counting them shows how many days passed in a year. In the early Carboniferous period some 350 million years ago an Earth year was around 385 days, ancient corals indicate, meaning not that it took longer for the planet to revolve around the sun, but that a day–night cycle was less than 23 hours long."

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/earth-rotation-summer-solstice/

everready

Jesus called the light a day here

Genesis 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

and here

John 11:9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.

Its been this way from jump.

everready

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
According to evolutionists when did the time line change when did the 12 hour day begin?

Jesus said.

Days lasting millions of years suddenly brought to an abrupt halt must have been terrifying, amazing, unbelievable?

everready

Dear everready,

Bless you for finding Jesus saying that the 'daytime' was 12 hours long. That cinches it for me. If Jesus was with God since this world was, then 12 hours were a day's worth, 24 hours including the night time. That really puts things in excellent perspective, everready. Thanks tons for the passage. It's quite handy to me.

God Bless Your Heart And Soul,

Michael

:cloud9:

:sam:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ancient coral growth rings and the moon's recession shows that the Earth's spin has been slowing down during it's entire history.

"Hints of inconsistent Earthly timekeeping come through natural calendars preserved in fossils. Corals, for example, go through daily and seasonal growing cycles that form bands akin to growth rings in trees; counting them shows how many days passed in a year. In the early Carboniferous period some 350 million years ago an Earth year was around 385 days, ancient corals indicate, meaning not that it took longer for the planet to revolve around the sun, but that a day–night cycle was less than 23 hours long."

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/earth-rotation-summer-solstice/

Dear Alwight,

How are you doing!! I believe you basically! Sounds reasonable to me. I don't know if Earth was here 350 million years ago, but I do think that, at one time, the Earth's day was around 23 hours. It's nice to finally hear from you again. I was going to post to Hedshaker the other day, Al. Do you know how he's doing?

Well, now I just have to reconcile this Earth being over 350 million years old. That's going to take a long time for me, indeed. Maybe another 350 million years. LOL. I still believe it is around 6-7,000 years old. That's very old too. Now how did we isolate and find coral that was that old, without it being extremely worn down? You'd think that, even if it were concrete, that after 350 million years, it would be worn down from ocean currents, earthquakes, tectonic plates moving, etc. Well, for another time. Thanks tons for posting, Alwight!

Another Great Day, I Wish For You!! Cheerio!!

Michael

:cloud9: :guitar:

alwight

Dear Alwight,

How are you doing!! I believe you basically! Sounds reasonable to me. I don't know if Earth was here 350 million years ago, but I do think that, at one time, the Earth's day was around 23 hours. It's nice to finally hear from you again. I was going to post to Hedshaker the other day, Al. Do you know how he's doing?
Hi Michael.
You don't need to believe me, I'm simply attempting to understand where the evidence seems to lead us, there's not much use in belief alone imo. The evidence seems to clearly show to me at least that the Earth was indeed here well before 350 million years ago. If you think that the evidence shows something else then you are entitled to that view, but I would like to know your reasoning.
Sorry but I have no more knowledge of Hedshaker than you do.

Well, now I just have to reconcile this Earth being over 350 million years old. That's going to take a long time for me, indeed. Maybe another 350 million years. LOL. I still believe it is around 6-7,000 years old. That's very old too. Now how did we isolate and find coral that was that old, without it being extremely worn down? You'd think that, even if it were concrete, that after 350 million years, it would be worn down from ocean currents, earthquakes, tectonic plates moving, etc. Well, for another time. Thanks tons for posting, Alwight!

Another Great Day, I Wish For You!! Cheerio!!

Michael

:cloud9: :guitar:
I think you should give science some credit for knowing what it's doing instead of making wild guesses based on what you want to believe instead. However the only live part of coral is on the outside, it slowly builds up calcified layers over time that are indeed like concrete. The earlier layers of growth can be seen and counted like tree rings.
Coral synchronises it's life cycle with the moon and tides and has been growing in the same places for many millions of years, all recorded in the skeletal remains left behind as new growth forms on top of it. Coral reefs are literally made from the remains of earlier coral.
Only some parts of the sea bed are prone to erosion, earthquakes or subduction. But I suggest that you probably won't want to know too much about any of this since it involves much longer periods of time than you want to accept, right? ;)

Caino

BANNED
Banned

Thats non - observable psuedoscience and contradictory to God's Word.

That's your religion, which calls God a liar.

He tells us "For in six days the LORD made the heavens, the earth, the sea, and everything in them; but on the seventh day he rested. That is why the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart as holy."

*We believe our omnipotent *Creator spoke creation into existence.
"*For when he spoke, the world began! It appeared at his command."Psalm 33:9

"By*faith we understand that the entire universe was formed at God's command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen."Hebrews 11:3

Nope, it calls the priestly elite wrong for making a fetish out of their own writings, by calling divine that which is wholly human.

The authors of the Bible books that survived the editors did not claim to be writing the Word of God, it was really later generations upon the return to Israel that made that claim and subsequently mislead the common man.

The temptation to make the Bible books into a "graven image" arises out of the insecurity and uncertainly of relying upon God. So people rely upon books instead.

everready

Hi Michael.
You don't need to believe me, I'm simply attempting to understand where the evidence seems to lead us, there's not much use in belief alone imo. The evidence seems to clearly show to me at least that the Earth was indeed here well before 350 million years ago. If you think that the evidence shows something else then you are entitled to that view, but I would like to know your reasoning.
Sorry but I have no more knowledge of Hedshaker than you do.

I think you should give science some credit for knowing what it's doing instead of making wild guesses based on what you want to believe instead. However the only live part of coral is on the outside, it slowly builds up calcified layers over time that are indeed like concrete. The earlier layers of growth can be seen and counted like tree rings.
Coral synchronises it's life cycle with the moon and tides and has been growing in the same places for many millions of years, all recorded in the skeletal remains left behind as new growth forms on top of it. Coral reefs are literally made from the remains of earlier coral.
Only some parts of the sea bed are prone to erosion, earthquakes or subduction. But I suggest that you probably won't want to know too much about any of this since it involves much longer periods of time than you want to accept, right? ;)

Give science some credit for knowing what its doing? What about your maker? Paul the Apostle put it this way.

Acts 17:22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.

23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

everready

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Hedshaker,

I don't remember frankly if you don't want me to post to you or not. I miss you though and this is my only option. How have you been doing? What's your take on all that we've been discussing here? What do you think about Armageddon culminating before the end of this year? Are you anticipating it?

How's the music been coming along? My nephew gave me a portable amplifier that you can clip to your belt and use your mic or guitar. It runs on batteries and is quite impressive. It was for my birthday. He also gave me a set of expensive nice 12-string guitar strings {Martin brand, extra light}, and also a gold-plated stereo 1/4 plug cable. He's so thoughtful. So I gave him an 18K gold (not gold-plated) tie clasp that I got from my grandmother back when I was 10 years old (1965). He was quite astonished and put it in his safe. I had it appraised and the Jeweler said it was worth $500 to sell as a tie clasp, but if you just melted it down for the gold, it would be $98 for the gold in it.

Hey, do you do any Lady Gaga music riffs or anything like that? So many songs to choose from. Did you see her on the Oscars singing Julie Andrews songs from the Sound of Music? Just excellent!! Hey, I hope you don't mind my writing to you. It's just been so long and I was wondering how life was treating you. You take good care, bloke!!

Cheerio And Best Wishes,

Michael

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Give science some credit for knowing what its doing? What about your maker? Paul the Apostle put it this way.

Acts 17:22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars' hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.

23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.

24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

25 Neither is with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:

28 For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.

everready

Dear everready,

Wow, it's quite handy having you here posting. Thanks for expounding on some of the things I've said. I do give science credit where it is due. But I also give My God And Jesus credit for all they've done also. You know, everready, we are also his offspring indeed. He makes us servants like the angels to increase His army of beloved stars/servants who can help Him teaching others on Earth by speaking into their ears and thoughts, and guiding them into good instead of evil (right instead of wrong). I can tell that you keep God and His Son, and the Holy Ghost on a pedestal and that you love them. You are like me in a lot of ways! It's cool with me.

Yes, it is very wrong to worship something God created, instead of worshiping Him as a Spirit and Father. There's a Father in Heaven, a 'dad' on Earth, and who knows what the Catholics believe by calling others Father. I don't like that. They also shouldn't be worshiping a man or worshiping Mary. They should adore her and love her, but they are overdoing it. It's like they worship her more than her son, Jesus Christ. And worshiping a pope or Father is outrageous to me. They are bishops or whatever, but call God the Father, not these mere men. It's okay to be a deacon, or pastor, or reverend, or elder, even. Oh well, I'll get going. I don't want to post too long.

May God Find Room For You In His Heaven!!

Michael
:angel:

:guitar:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi Michael.
You don't need to believe me, I'm simply attempting to understand where the evidence seems to lead us, there's not much use in belief alone imo. The evidence seems to clearly show to me at least that the Earth was indeed here well before 350 million years ago. If you think that the evidence shows something else then you are entitled to that view, but I would like to know your reasoning. Sorry but I have no more knowledge of Hedshaker than you do.

Coral synchronizes it's life cycle with the moon and tides and has been growing in the same places for many millions of years, all recorded in the skeletal remains left behind as new growth forms on top of it. Coral reefs are literally made from the remains of earlier coral.

Gee, Alwight, I don't have any evidence that the Earth was here over 350 million years ago. Isn't that 3.5 billion? It sounds so far-fetched for me to believe, but I think the only way I will know is when Jesus or God tells me when I face them. I don't want to say something about God that I'm not sure of. From what I understand from Him is that the Earth is 6 to 7,000 years old. If I'm wrong, God will understand. If I go around saying it, and it be a lie, then I will be sorry that I'm spreading lies about God's Creation. So I think I'm doing the right thing.

Hey, I just thought you might know how Hedshaker is doing. I can't remember if he told me not to post to him anymore, or not. I don't think he loves me anymore. He is a good bloke!! He has a lot more to offer than just TOL stuff.

Well, excellent Buddy, I will chat with you again very soon, and I hope that you have a joyful, incredible weekend!! Make it Count!

Your Close Friend, Michael

:singer: :guitar:

Last edited:

Hedshaker

Dear Hedshaker,

I don't remember frankly if you don't want me to post to you or not. I miss you though and this is my only option. How have you been doing? What's your take on all that we've been discussing here? What do you think about Armageddon culminating before the end of this year? Are you anticipating it?

No Michael. Really sorry dude but it's not going to happen. It's been predicted before, many times, and it will be predicted many times hence, but no, it isn't going to happen. You will have your proof by the end of the year. But don't despair. Life is still good.

How's the music been coming along? My nephew gave me a portable amplifier that you can clip to your belt and use your mic or guitar. It runs on batteries and is quite impressive. It was for my birthday. He also gave me a set of expensive nice 12-string guitar strings {Martin brand, extra light}, and also a gold-plated stereo 1/4 plug cable. He's so thoughtful. So I gave him an 18K gold (not gold-plated) tie clasp that I got from my grandmother back when I was 10 years old (1965). He was quite astonished and put it in his safe. I had it appraised and the Jeweler said it was worth $500 to sell as a tie clasp, but it you just melted it down for the gold, it would be $98 for the gold in it.

I'm always digging into new ways of making my music productions better. In the old days a piece of music was recorded in a studio by a band who had rehearsed and perfected that piece. They would "capture" the performance. It's different now. Musicians might perform their parts across the globe or, very often in the case of electronic music, the whole piece could be created, mixed and mastered by one producer in a single environment. Necessity is the mother of invention/

Hey, do you do any Lady Gaga music riffs or anything like that? So many songs to choose from. Did you see her on the Oscars singing Julie Andrews songs from the Sound of Music? Just excellent!! Hey, I hope you don't mind my writing to you. It's just been so long and I was wondering how life was treating you. You take good care, bloke!!

Lady Gaga is a talent for sure. I'm doing fine. Don't you worry your head about me, the future has more for you to think about.

Cheerio And Best Wishes,

All the best

noguru

Gee, Alwight, I don't have any evidence that the Earth was here over 350 million years ago. Isn't that 3.5 billion? It sounds so far-fetched for me to believe, but I think the only way I will know is when Jesus or God tells me when I face them. I don't want to say something about God that I'm not sure of. From what I understand from Him is that the Earth is 6 to 7,000 years old. If I'm wrong, God will understand. If I go around saying it, and it be a lie, then I will be sorry that I'm spreading lies about God's Creation. So I think I'm doing the right thing.

:chuckle:

Michael you are so easily fooled by claims of authority from ignorant people. The person who first set up the YEC chronology as a scientific model was Bishop Ussher.

Ussher's Chronology

It was the most comprehensive research program of that time in regard to natural history. So we must give credit where credit is due. However, his chronology was based on a less than comprehensive examination of all the evidence available to us today. The reason for that is pretty obvious, he did not have current data. Soon after he published his chronology, educated people began to realize it was inaccurate. Only stubborn egotistical theists do not accept the current evidence. I am sure you are proud to be one of those.

But you are correct. God knows which people are buffoons. And He certainly understands why.

Status
Not open for further replies.