Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is really amazing how Stripe can write so many posts yet never actually contribute anything of substance.
Nope.

I write substantive, thoughtful and well-researched posts. Darwinists hate them.

Is is always darwinists do this, and darwinists do that, and try reading, and blah blah blah. Nothing of note. Ever.

Nope.

Try reading. :up:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear pops,

I've read your post and I regret to inform you that I will answer and reply to it in about 18-20 hours from now. I would LOVE to answer it right now, but it is past 4 a.m. here and I need to get to bed. I just cannot stay awake any longer. Will chat with you a bit later. Good morning or evening to you.

Thanks!

Michael

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So true, at least with 6days for all his faults I can have an actual discussion. I respect that.

No, you don't. You appreciate the fact that you can leap from topic to topic and throw about fallacies willy nilly.

With me, you have to engage sensibly. :up:

6days

But that would confine the explanation by the sun/ moon and revolution of the earth which had yet to have been established.
Genesis 1:3 "*And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4*God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5*God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day."

popsthebuilder

Genesis 1:3 "*And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4*God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. 5*God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day."
And when you read that you automatically think it is a twenty four hour period even before the earth sun or moon were even formed to reference such a cycle.

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

6days

Chicken before the egg; got it.
And though you don't intentionally make GOD out to be a liar, it is insinuated by your claims. If the earth is only 6000 years old, but seams exponentially older than that then there is deception a foot on some level.
But the earth DOES NOT seem older than 6,000 years. It only seems older if you have bought into the secular lie of billions of years.

So when Jesus refers to Adam and Eve at the beginning of creation....and you say that that is not correct; then is it Michael calling God a liar? or yourself? You are the one who is rejecting what scripture plainly says.
I do believe the Bible, but find those who take it literally are very lost indeed
Do you believe Jesus was lost?
Jesus referred to the Genesis more often than any other scripture, and always as true history...which you reject.
Luke 11:50, 51 "Therefore this generation will be held responsible for the blood of all the prophets that has been shed since the beginning of the world, from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who was killed between the altar and the sanctuary. Yes, I tell you, this generation will be held responsible for it all.

gcthomas

. It only seems older if you have bought into the secular lie of billions of years.

It is ironic that you keep lying about that. ;)

(Funny: my secular ethical code comes down strongly on lying, yet your biblical code seems to encourage dishonesty if the the outcome justifies the means. Ho hum)

Caino

BANNED
Banned
It's like watching people defend the practice of bloodletting or sacrifice of first borns. YEC is and debunked superstition. It's become a hopeless faith akin to the Jews waiting for a Jewish Messiah.

Hawkins

It's like watching people defend the practice of bloodletting or sacrifice of first borns. YEC is and debunked superstition. It's become a hopeless faith akin to the Jews waiting for a Jewish Messiah.

How can you debunk YEC when humans can't even tell conceptually what time is in terms of physics? I am not a YEC folk though.

popsthebuilder

But the earth DOES NOT seem older than 6,000 years. It only seems older if you have bought into the secular lie of billions of years.

So when Jesus refers to Adam and Eve at the beginning of creation....and you say that that is not correct; then is it Michael calling God a liar? or yourself? You are the one who is rejecting what scripture plainly says.

Do you believe Jesus was lost?
Jesus referred to the Genesis more often than any other scripture, and always as true history...which you reject.
Luke 11:50, 51 "Therefore this generation will be held responsible for the blood of all the prophets that has been shed since the beginning of the world, from the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who was killed between the altar and the sanctuary. Yes, I tell you, this generation will be held responsible for it all.
You are making no sense whatsoever.

popsthebuilder

Yes..... Of course. God created the sun and moon on the 4th day. He created vegetation on the 3rd day.
So the first and second day are to be considered 24 hour periods prior to the formation of the sun moon or earth which determined the 24 hour cycle.

This is nonsensical.

6days

So the first and second day are to be considered 24 hour periods prior to the formation of the sun moon or earth which determined the 24 hour cycle.
This is nonsensical.
Genesis 1
5*God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.
8 And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.
13*And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.
19*And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.
23*And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.
31 And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day

6days

6days said:
You are making no sense whatsoever.
The words are from scripture... They are the words of Jesus.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
[MENTION=15141]MichaelCadry[/MENTION] You need to close this thread and start a Creation vs. Evolution II. This thread is starting to crash for some users. I will archive this one to preserve it when you do that.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is no conflict.

Oh, I think there is. :)

The term "species" is next to useless in a scientific setting. It should never be used.

That's there only disagreement I have with you that I know of.

Admittedly, it's not much of a conflict. :eek:

However, the Darwinists nut thinks he's got evidence when people he hates seem to disagree. They hate talking about anything constructive and will say anything to muddy the conversation.

Sent from my SM-G9250 using TheologyOnline mobile app

popsthebuilder

Genesis 1
5*God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.
8 And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.
13*And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.
19*And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.
23*And there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.
31 And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day
But there was no traditional evening or morning prior to the formation of the sun or moon or earth.

Does that mean it isn't true? No. Does it mean we must assume that the first two or three days of creation are to be understood as 24 hour periods? No that is assumption, and quite pointless.

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.