Creation vs. Evolution II

redfern

Kondrashov understands simple math. If the mutation rate is higher than birth rate, it will lead to eventual extinction. He used the number of 100 new slightly deleterious mutations (and at least a few are deleterious], so my wife and I would need to have at least a couple hundred kids. That is simple math, genetics and logic since selection would have to remove mutations as fast as they occur.

6days, perhaps I should thank you for your repeated and consistent demonstrations that you haven’t the foggiest idea of what Kondrashov’s paper shows. Indeed Kondrashov understands simple math. I suspect you do too. The problem is that Kondrashov also understands (and uses) more advanced math that must look like gobbledygook to those (like you) whose math understanding stalled in junior high.

Again you rely on the simplistic idea that constantly adding VSDMs every generation means they will lead to extinction. You just can’t fathom that there might be mechanisms operative in the genome that counter that buildup. You are still not one sentence deeper into Kondrashov’s paper than the title, and it is pretty obvious by now that you cannot / will not / dare not actually engage it at a technical level to see if he provides a solution to your junior-high school conundrum.

In 1950 Muller discussed the problem saying that if the deleterious mutation rate was close to only 1 deleterious mutation per person, per generation that the long term result would be deteriation of our genome. (journal Genetics, 'Our Load of Mutations'). That is because our birth rate is only slightly more than one person per generation.

Yup, you have claimed I am remiss in relying on a 20-year old technical paper, but now you rely on a paper that is more than 65 years old, predating Kondrashov’s by 45 years. Is hypocrisy really that addictive to you?

Since your childishly simplistic mathematical approach to the genetic load problem relies on ignoring the more complex aspects of the genetics that Kondrashov focuses on, I said:

His paper simply shows, in formal mathematical detail, that there are mechanisms which can overcome genetic load. Bellyaching about a mathematically-based solution is kinda childish. If the math is wrong, show where.

To dodge, you replied:

I can answer, but first... Are you agreeing with his numbers, and this particular model? IOW.... Is the standard multiplicative population genetic model wrong?

Creationists hate reading. I have already (multiple times) been exquisitely clear that the very reason for Kondrashov’s paper is because a simplistic junior-high-level approach to this genetic problem is wrong.

Now, not that I have any confidence you will actually live up to your word, please show that you “can answer”, by showing where Kondrashov’s model fails. His title is predicated on the elementary mathematics you favor, and suggests there are more advanced considerations that you seem unwilling to allow. Now put on your big-boy pants and get into the paper itself.

All of Kondrashovs work is based on the belief in common ancestry. Genetic load / mutation rates (the data) easily fits within the couple hundred generations since creation. He is trying to rationalize the data within his beliefs of tens of thousands of generations.

And in your ignorance of science, you refuse to admit that the mathematics does not depend on what motivated the author. If Kondrashov had been a hard-core religious fanatic creationist, which of his equations would have been changed?

He has said things such as "Because deleterious mutations are much more common than beneficial ones, evolution under this relaxed selection will inevitably lead to a decline in the mean fitness of the population.”

Yeah, Kondrashov did say that. How do I know? Well maybe I read it in his 2012 paper titled “The Rate of Human Mutation”, in the left-hand column, last paragraph, on page 468 of “Nature” magazine. Is that where you got his quote from? Or did you perhaps find it in an article at the ICR by Brian Thomas?

Naah, you and I both know that your source of almost all the quotes from scientists that you have posted come not from you reading their papers, but from your mindless reliance on what you find in creationist literature. Every time (in this thread and some others I checked on) when you quoted something that seemingly supported your position from a mainstream scientist, I found that exact quote in creationist literature and/or forums. Heaven forbid that should you actually have the integrity to go to the primary sources themselves.

In my last post I requested that you show you actually have Kondrashov’s paper. To show that, all I asked is that you copy from his paper a single author’s name and the name of a journal. That request required no math, no understanding of genetics, just a 3rd-grade ability to copy a few words. And you chose to ignore it. So now after a half-dozen modestly long exchanges, do you have anything more to offer than bland generalities about Kondrashov’s paper.

Kondrashov … is proposing a model that is artificial and biologically unrealistic.

Inasmuch as you do not have, and have not read, Kondrashov’s paper, how do you know it is artificial and unrealistic?

I don't think you understand. Only 3 deleterious mutations per generation is a problem to common ancestry. 100 mutations per genome per generation is a problem. One geneticist has called it the population bomb.

Repeating simplistic junior-high arguments doesn’t make them more credible.

As to your article helping you out... it doesn't. They say there is 100 new base-substitution mutions added to our genome with each passing generation. (Thats a huge problem). But add on 100+satellite mutations, a couple deletions and a couple insertions (that would be hundreds if not thousands of nucleotide changes), add on a few thousand inversion and conversion mutations. Oh... and don't forget there may have been 1 mitochondrial mutation (possibly 1 every 2 or 3 generations. The total is MUCH higher than 100....

Alas, I was remiss in snipping out a portion of the quote in the article I referenced. In the missing portion – indicated by the ellipses – the author includes things like “large structural changes (involving mobile insertions and interchromosomal exchanges)”. These are all reflected in his final figure when he says “an average newborn contains ~100 de novo mutations.” My bad for not including more of the relevant text. Your bad for making a judgement without even having bothered to refer to the article itself (as usual) before making your poorly informed judgement.

You have alluded to more recent papers since Kondrashov’s 1995 article that you apparently think give Kondrashov problems. So when I ask for what specific papers, you offer nothing more specific than:

Google ENCODE.

Only problem is, I did. Several times, much earlier in this exchange. Nothing that I saw that even comes close to what you need, and a fair amount there that is against your creationist idiocy. But in reality I use Google Scholar more than a generic Google search on questions like this. I don’t recommend Google Scholar for people like you that are still at the junior-high level, though. Google Scholar papers actually use mathematics more complicated than what you have shown you can handle.

Ahhhhh.....those ancient nomadic sheep herders wrote some pretty brilliant stuff. :) Interesting how a few thousand years later science keeps proving Gods Word correct... and evolutionists wrong.

I have responded to this claim before, only to be greeted by a deafening silence on your part. But if you insist – please provide the scientific evidence for:
---A couple of species of animals engaging in human conversations.
---Wooden staffs transforming back and forth into reptiles.
---Rivers transforming into hemoglobin.
---Wives transforming into pillars of salt.
---A fellow doing just fine inside a fish for a few days.
---Smelly decaying dead bodies getting up and socializing with the neighbors.
---Making a woman out of a man’s rib.
Etc. etc.

Thats dodging that you originally presented a very simple and unscientific model. You suggested some people have unusually low numbers of mutations that benicial mutations could trump.

Creationists hate to read. I did mention people with an unusually low number of mutations, but the bit about them being trumped by beneficial mutations is just you resorting to spin doctoring once again.

One in a million, measured in standard deviations, is a bit under 5 SDs. In many aspects of science, when the spread of data points is the result of a random function, a data point that is 5 standard deviations away from the norm is likely to be considered pretty unusual. But when looking at the random spread of mutations in a population of 7 billion people, about 7 thousand of them will probably be 5 or more standard deviation units away from the norm. (Some will be even more extreme, but for passing on their genetic character, the outlying group needs to be big enough that interbreeding is likely.) Maybe you think being 1 in a million is just ho-hum stuff.

we all have more mutations than our parents and less than our children.

Do we? Most people would be expected to have more mutations than their parents, but I am not sure that is anywhere near a certainty. When the egg is fertilized the resulting DNA is basically half from each parent, but in some cases I would expect the 50% DNA from the dad could be from the parts of the Dad’s DNA that is a bit less “corrupted” than the other half was, and the same from the mom. If the child happens, by chance, to get just slightly less corrupted than usual DNA from both parents, then even the number of new mutations (100 or so) may not bring the total up to the mathematical average of the parents.

In your prior post when asserted that the estimates of how many mutations per generation may be much too low, you said:
Those estimates were based on what was considered functional DNA, which at that time was considered to be a small percentage of our DNA.
I asked for a cite supporting that claim. You ignored that request. Do you stand by that claim you made, or not?

Finally, can we ever expect you to go to the original scientific sources yourself, or is it your intention to never rise above being a lackey who mindlessly passes on whatever you are fed from your creationist idols?

Hawkins

What sort of sorry discussion can it be if on the first disagreement you respond with attempted personal insult? Get a grip.

I only try to point out how much your kind to choose to rely on your own intelligence to make a choice. However your IQ is never reliable in making a correct choice.

Faith on the other hand, is the sole way to lead to certain kind of truth otherwise unreachable to humans.

Like I said, as simple as a piece of truth of what you yourself did yesterday, the sole way for this truth to convey is for a human to write about it and for other humans to believe with faith.

You choose to rely on your unreliable IQ simply because your kind is so brainwashed to think that science is the only kind of truth and the only way to reach a truth.

To put it short, you don't have faith and don't have IQ for you to rely on. Your unreliable IQ becomes your delusion leading you to see your doom.

That's the point. I myself could care less if you have to take it as an insult. I actually post everywhere (other forums) to question the IQ of your kind just to show how unreliable it is.

Last edited:

gcthomas

I only try to point out how much your kind to choose to rely on your own intelligence to make a choice. However your IQ is never reliable in making a correct choice.

Let's see if I've got this right: you're saying "intelligence without faith, bad, faith without intelligence, good"?

Hawkins

Let's see of over for this right: you're saying "intelligence without faith, bad, faith without intelligence, good"?

No. I am saying you may have overlooked your lack of IQ. Actually humans' IQ is not for them to deal with a next reality but to deal with this reality. Your IQ won't help in making a correct decision on dealing with what could possibly happen after your physical death. Faith is the only way.

No offence, your low IQ however will say otherwise, it is thus your delusion to think that the truth ties up to how science would give you the proof. Science however is experiment based. Science won't give any proof or disproof as long as you won't be able to do experiments inside the claimed spiritual realm.

That's the point.

gcthomas

No. I am saying you may have overlooked your lack of IQ. Actually humans' IQ is not for them to deal with a next reality but to deal with this reality. Your IQ won't help in making a correct decision on dealing with what could possibly happen after your physical death. Faith is the only way.

No offence, your low IQ however will say otherwise, it is thus your delusion to think that the truth ties up to how science would give you the proof.

You're telling me that an IQ of 150 is to low to deal with reality? You must be a certifiable magician standard genius to manage this stuff on the basis only of faith. Well done you.

Hawkins

You're telling me that an IQ of 150 is to low to deal with reality? You must be a certifiable magician standard genius to manage this stuff on the basis only of faith. Well done you.

Why do you have to fail to comprehend what I said. Even those with 150 IQ won't be able to know what could possibly happen after death. What make you think that someone in stone age with a 200 IQ could possibly know of the existence of black holes? He can't! He can use his IQ to deal with his reality back then though.

gcthomas

Why do you have to fail to comprehend what I said. Even those with 150 IQ won't be able to know what could possibly happen after death. What make you think that someone in stone age with a 200 IQ could possibly know of the existence of black holes? He can't! He can use his IQ to deal with his reality back then though.

I have seen plenty of evidence that leads me to believe I know exactly what happens after death.

If you think you know better, please explain how that is more reliable than a scientific approach.

6days

redfern said:
**6days... you haven’t the foggiest idea
* your *math understanding stalled in junior high
* you rely on the simplistic idea
* you just can’t fathom*
* You are still not one sentence deeper
* *you cannot / will not / dare not actually engage it at a technical level
* your junior-high school conundrum.
* 5days ( 4, 3, 2 and 1... my handle is 6days)
* your childishly simplistic
* live up to your word
* please show that you “can answer”
* put on your big-boy pants
* your ignorance
* your mindless reliance*
* Heaven forbid that should you actually have the integrity
* people like you that are still at the junior-high level
* more complicated than what you have shown you can handle.
* Creationists hate to read.
* you resorting to spin doctoring
Redfern.... you obviously are a very brilliant self made man who worships his creator.*

I think you have cranked up the volume on personal attacks upon realizing your arguments aren't as solid as you once thought.

redfern

… I think you have cranked up the volume on personal attacks upon realizing your arguments aren't as solid as you once thought.

Ahhh, is my honor now at stake? You think that I am using personal attacks as a cover after “realizing (my) arguments aren't as solid as (I) once thought."

You are bluffing again and I am calling your bluff.

I think my whimsical toying with your screen name and my directly expressing my opinion of your scholarship may have given you a safety net so you can avoid answering uncomfortable questions.

Tell you what, I will openly apologize, and I will repost the essential content of my last post using the proper and polite language one English Gentlemen would be expected to use with a peer, on condition that you agree to forthrightly address each of the concerns I raised in that post, to include –

---When telling what Kondrashov’s article is about, you admit that you are relying on second-hand sources who have a strong theological bias instead of you personally reading and at least minimally understanding what Kondrashov is proposing

---You will provide links to specific peer-reviewed scientific papers that have come out since Kondrashov’s paper, and that challenge his conclusions on an academic level commensurate with his presentation.

---Admitting that a scientist’s motivation for writing a paper does not either prove or falsify his premises and conclusions.

---Admit that the 2016 paper’s claim of “an average newborn contains ~100 de novo mutations” is inclusive of more than just incorrect base substitutions.

---Address the science that you regularly claim supports the Bible as regards to the list of 7 items I enumerated that seem to lie far out of scientific credibility.

---Back your claim that mutation counts (of about 100 mutations/generation) were originally just based on mutations seen in coding DNA.

You OK with this, or do you prefer to add this conversation to your list of subjects to be henceforth avoided - like C-14 calibrations, perfect moon orbits, and the “Lost Squadron”?

Last edited:

6days

redfern said:
You think that I am using personal attacks as a cover after “realizing (my) arguments aren't as solid as (I) once thought."
Yes.
redfern said:
I will repost the essential content of my last post using the proper and polite language one English Gentlemen would be expected to use
No need, I will try reply to your comments that contained some content...Here goes. (And, if I missed any, please mention them)
redfern said:
Again you rely on the simplistic idea that constantly adding VSDMs every generation means they will lead to extinction.
That is the evidence.
Geneticists agree.
Kondrashov and others puzzle how humans with a high mutation rate and low birth rate have not gone extinct, if common ancestry is true. That is why they propose "POSSIBLE RESOLUTIONS". J.V.Neel said "The question of how our species accommodates such mutation rates is central to evolutionary thought". Other geneticists say things such as "we find the accumulation of new mildly deleterious mutations fundamentally alters the scaling of extinction time"
and...
"mildly deleterious mutations are more damaging than the highly deleterious mutations...the mild mutational effects are the most damaging, causing minimal time to extinction," Higgins and Lynch
And...
"It seems clear that for the past few centuries harmful mutations have been accumulating...The decrease in viability from mutation accumulation is some 1-2% per generation." J.F.Crow
And....
"It is difficult to explain how human populations could have survived (He was discussing "slightly deleterious mutations') ...a high rate of deleterious mutation (U>>1) is paradoxical in a species with a low reproductive rate."
Walker and Keightley

These and many more geneticists agree that constantly adding VSDMs every generation meansit will lead to extinction. They admit surprise since it does not fit their evolutionary long age beliefs. The data however is consistent with God's Word, and only about 200 generations of mutations.
redfern said:
please show that you “can answer”, by showing where Kondrashov’s model fails.
I replied to this saying "I can answer, but first... Are you agreeing with his numbers, and this particular model? IOW.... Is the standard multiplicative population genetic model wrong?

redfern said:
. I did mention people with an unusually low number of mutations, but the bit about them being trumped by beneficial mutations is just you resorting to spin doctoring
Lets use your exact words then, and compare it to what modern science tells us.
REDFERN: "What will natural selection do when those individuals that are unusually free of deleterious changes"
SCIENCE:*J.F.CROW "natural selection does not line up individuals and remove all those with more than a certain number of mutations...the unreality of this model kept me for many years from considering this as a way which the population deals with a high mutation rate" (He then goes on to say Truncation {Which Kondrashov supports} is "totally unrealistic"...but says "quasi truncation selection is reasonable".

REDFERN: "The vast majority of mutations are in non-coding areas of the DNA, and have almost no effect on the fitness of the individual."
SCIENCE: ENCODE is still working at revealing how the non-coding area of our DNA performs important regulatory functions. The argument that non-coding DNA has almost no effect was an old evolutionist argument based on ignorance (lack of knowledge) and a false belief in common ancestry.
BTW... How old is your argument? Even back in 1986, geneticist J.V.Neel said gamete rate for point mutations was 30 per generation and claimed " The implications of mutations of this magnitude for population genetics and evolutionary theory are profound. The first line of response of many population geneticists is to suggest most of these occur in silent DNA and are of no real biological significance. Unfortunately for that line of reasoning..the amount of silent DNA is steadily shrinking."
IOW... Redfern, you are using an argument scientists realized was false 30 years ago. .

REDFERN:"By contrast, the (admittedly rare) beneficial mutation will spread more rapidly (that is why it is called a beneficial mutation – it is one that aids in reproductive success)."
SCIENCE: Notice that few if any geneticists use such an argument as a rescue mechanism for the downward trend of deleterious mutations. Notice in graphs by Kimura and others that they don't even factor in (So called) beneficial mutations as a rescue device.
Also notice in the article you keep mentioning is on your desk...Kondrashov says that the "paradox cannot be resolved by invoking beneficial mutations".

Last edited:

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Yes.

No need, I will try reply to your comments that contained some content...Here goes. (And, if I missed any, please mention them)

That is the evidence.
Geneticists agree.
Kondrashov and others puzzle how humans with a high mutation rate and low birth rate have not gone extinct, if common ancestry is true. That is why they propose "POSSIBLE RESOLUTIONS". J.V.Neel said "The question of how our species accommodates such mutation rates is central to evolutionary thought". Other geneticists say things such as "we find the accumulation of new mildly deleterious mutations fundamentally alters the scaling of extinction time"
and...
"mildly deleterious mutations are more damaging than the highly deleterious mutations...the mild mutational effects are the most damaging, causing minimal time to extinction," Higgins and Lynch
And...
"It seems clear that for the past few centuries harmful mutations have been accumulating...The decrease in viability from mutation accumulation is some 1-2% per generation." J.F.Crow
And....
"It is difficult to explain how human populations could have survived (He was discussing "slightly deleterious mutations') ...a high rate of deleterious mutation (U>>1) is paradoxical in a species with a low reproductive rate."
Walker and Keightley

These and many more geneticists agree that constantly adding VSDMs every generation meansit will lead to extinction. They admit surprise since it does not fit their evolutionary long age beliefs. The data however is consistent with God's Word, and only about 200 generations of mutations.

I replied to this saying "I can answer, but first... Are you agreeing with his numbers, and this particular model? IOW.... Is the standard multiplicative population genetic model wrong?

Lets use your exact words then, and compare it to what modern science tells us.
REDFERN: "What will natural selection do when those individuals that are unusually free of deleterious changes"
SCIENCE:*J.F.CROW "natural selection does not line up individuals and remove all those with more than a certain number of mutations...the unreality of this model kept me for many years from considering this as a way which the population deals with a high mutation rate" (He then goes on to say Truncation {Which Kondrashov supports} is "totally unrealistic"...but says "quasi truncation selection is reasonable".

REDFERN: "The vast majority of mutations are in non-coding areas of the DNA, and have almost no effect on the fitness of the individual."
SCIENCE: ENCODE is still working at revealing how the non-coding area of our DNA performs important regulatory functions. The argument that non-coding DNA has almost no effect was an old evolutionist argument based on ignorance (lack of knowledge) and a false belief in common ancestry.
BTW... How old is your argument? Even back in 1986, geneticist J.V.Neel said gamete rate for point mutations was 30 per generation and claimed " The implications of mutations of this magnitude for population genetics and evolutionary theory are profound. The first line of response of many population geneticists is to suggest most of these occur in silent DNA and are of no real biological significance. Unfortunately for that line of reasoning..the amount of silent DNA is steadily shrinking."
IOW... Redfern, you are using an argument scientists realized was false 30 years ago. .

REDFERN:"By contrast, the (admittedly rare) beneficial mutation will spread more rapidly (that is why it is called a beneficial mutation – it is one that aids in reproductive success)."
SCIENCE: Notice that few if any geneticists use such an argument as a rescue mechanism for the downward trend of deleterious mutations. Notice in graphs by Kimura and others that they don't even factor in (So called) beneficial mutations as a rescue device.
Also notice in the article you keep mentioning is on your desk...Kondrashov says that the "paradox cannot be resolved by invoking beneficial mutations".

Looks like yuh found them thar big boy pants. ;)

Greg Jennings

Perhaps one of the YECs here could explain the existence near my home of high White Cliffs of chalk, fifteen hundred meters thick and substantially made from the microscopic and intact fossils of trillions of tiny creatures.
450px-Beachy_Head%2C_East_Sussex%2C_England-2Oct2011_%281%29.jpg

How could this have been formed with a Great Flood theory?

As if any of these morons know the first thing about how chalk forms (or any rock/mineral layer for that matter). Conversation is pointless with these people. Let them live their lives in ignorant bliss. We can be satisfied knowing that they have no real impact on the world

Greg Jennings

The secular worldview often gets things partially correct.
"A cataclysmic flood cleaved Britain from France hundreds of thousand years ago, in a violent act of nature that carved out the white cliffs of Dover and set the course of history for a new island."
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2007/jul/18/geography.geology

If the cliffs were not formed radidly, then how did cliffs of microscopic creatures accumulate faster than the erosion rate. We both have answers, but the evidence best fits a cataclysmic event...as recorded in the Bible.

Ughh......if you knew anything about the subject you desperately pretend to be an expert in, then you'd know that chalk forms from the accumulation of the tests of marine microorganisms in the benthic zone and sometimes deeper. It has nothing to do with erosion. The cliffs of chalk were lifted via tectonic processes, and THEN erosion ate away the outside to reveal the chalk deposit beneath

Greg Jennings

Actually there is overwhelming evidence. It's just that you reject evidence that contradicts your belief system.*

Haha... that is pretty naieve of you. *Christianity is a faith based on evidence. *We have evidence from things seen in history, literature, prophecy, archaeology science etc. We also have evidence of things unseen such as the omnipotence and omniscience of the Creator in the world around us.*

For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God. Rom. 1:20

That's not scientific evidence. You really don't understand that?

6days

That's not scientific evidence. You really don't understand that?
What I said was "Christianity is a faith based on evidence. We have evidence from things seen in history, literature, prophecy, archaeology science etc. We also have evidence of things unseen such as the omnipotence and omniscience of the Creator in the world around us"
IOW..... Yes there is scientific evidence. (biology, archeology, chemistry, astronomy, geology etc)

Greg Jennings

What I said was "Christianity is a faith based on evidence. We have evidence from things seen in history, literature, prophecy, archaeology science etc. We also have evidence of things unseen such as the omnipotence and omniscience of the Creator in the world around us"
IOW..... Yes there is scientific evidence. (biology, archeology, chemistry, astronomy, geology etc)

You claim to be a scientist who values the scientific method. So use the scientific method, show me what evidence supports the scientific hypothesis that there is a supernatural being that created the entire universe. You have made your conclusion that, so show me what scientific evidence led you to that conclusion

Rosenritter

Well gee....if only someone had done exactly that....you would have ended up looking quite silly.

But then those who've been paying attention and are more careful about the accusations of dishonesty they throw around, will recall POST #108, and well....we can all just draw our own conclusions about just who's being "dishonest" in this exchange.

Now, you wanna roll the dice on your claim about beneficial mutations and see how that goes? :think:

OK.... let's see. Digging up that post you just cited...

... Jose? Are you seriously putting forth that "genetic algorithms" (as you call it) are a useful technological product of evolutionary theory? If you're going to claim that, then you pretty much ceded every other technology on the planet to Creationism, since our inventors "CREATE" their inventions, being CREATORS themselves. By that measure, they're using the CREATIONIST model. If you're attempting to grasp at that straw you've shot yourself in the foot.

Not to mention that you don't need any belief in evolution to use a genetic algorithm. So here's a question for you. Did anyone ever apply these "genetic algorithms" to solve any of these Evolutionist-dropping questions for which you keep coming up empty handed? Things like "if life started as a non-sexed organism then explain Male and Female" or "explain how matter is formed ex nihlo?" Or how a dinosaur would morph into a bird? Given trillions of iterations across millions of processors, they haven't applied this method to be able to solve these problems, have they?

So here's what's wrong with your claim:
Thus the claim that "Common ancestry is an idea that has not contributed to a single new technology...nor a single advancement in medicine" is demonstrably false, and no amount of mindlessly repetitious "No it isn't....no it isn't....no it isn't..." changes that.

It doesn't sound like belief in "common ancestry from a rock" produced the technique nor contributed to technology. It sounds like the predictive model for "accurately predicting molecular function of experimentally characterized proteins" can be applied by someone regardless of their beliefs in ancestry. It's an application of "natural selection" not a belief that "birds and bananas have a common ancestor."

Rosenritter

Dear marhig,

No, you are to keep the Sabbath holy, and that is something few of us Christians are doing, because Constantinople told us that the Sabbath was on Sunday. The Sabbath is actually on Fri evening until Saturday evening. So most all of us Christians don't even correctly observe the Sabbath, thus breaking one of the Ten Commandments. Honest, this is the truth. Jesus was killed on Friday, but because the Sabbath occurred that evening, Mary and her loved ones asked Pilate to be allowed to take his body so they could lay it in the tomb prepared for Him. They could not even apply aromatic spices to Him because they were not supposed to do Anything on the Sabbath. And will the Christians finally change their mistake. Probably not. They are so ingrained that King Constantinople was correct that they just keep celebrating the Sabbath on Sunday. Sunday is the 1st day of the week. So we are all at fault as far as being sinners. Us Christians don't even keep all of the Ten Commandments. Also, Christians don't understand that lying is only about bearing false witness about their neighbors. White lies are fine, like telling your friend that you are going to your house to study, and instead surprising them with keeping a secret, or in other words, a surprise party for their birthday. We all screw up a lot of things.

I wouldn't be here except to help you.

Michael

Michael, some questions for you:

1) Was Jacob ever commanded to observe a Sabbath day?
2) Was any Pharaoh ever commanded to observe a Sabbath day?
3) Was any (New Testament) Gentile ever commanded to observe a Sabbath day?

Romans 14:5 KJV
(5) One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Colossians 2:16 KJV
(16) Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

4) Do you ever eat grapes or raisins? or cut your hair? Aren't these clear violations of the commandments in Numbers 6? Or do you say that these commandments do not apply to you (and thus you acknowledge the concept of jurisdiction?)

5) If you're going to attempt to live as a Jew, are you being consistent and obeying all the laws that applied to Jews? None of these laws were ever modified. Do you make animal sacrifices, abstain from certain meats, and purge your home of leaven once a year?

Galatians 5:2-3 KJV
(2) Behold, I Paul say unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
(3) For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

The law of Moses wasn't such that you got to pick and choose which parts were convenient. You can't choose to observe weekly Sabbaths and then despise the annual Sabbaths, for example. Are you observing the annual Sabbaths?