Counterfeit Christianity

Right Divider

Body part
It means the Most High is reproducing himself. Jesus is the firstborn of many brethren.
For whom He foreknew, He also predestined (ordained) to be conformed to the image of His Son that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. (Romans 8:29 NKJV)​
The word 'firstborn' there has NOTHING to with physical birth.

You completely ignore the CONTEXT of what Paul writes and just plug in your favorite ideas.

You also conveniently ignored the bulk of my post that clearly and undeniably shows that Jesus is LORD.

Read it again and again until you understand it.

Secondly, you completely fail to understand who Jesus is. It's not unusual, many people have this problem. Jesus is NOT JUST a man, but He is the God/Man. He is God in human flesh. His spirit is God.

You need to remember that AS A MAN, Jesus was a Jew under the law. Sometimes, when He is speaking, He is speaking from the perspective of a man that is a Jew under the law. Other times He is speaking as the LORD from heaven.

For example, when Jesus says "My God and Your God", He is including Himself with HIS PEOPLE, Israel. But at NO point does He ever stop being the LORD from heaven.

According to Acts 1, Jesus will return just as He left... bodily on the Mount of Olives. Zechariah had already explained this in detail.
Act 1:9-12 KJV And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. (10) And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; (11) Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. (12) Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

Zec 14:1-4 KJV Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. (2) For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. (3) Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. (4) And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
It's all clearly explained right there in the Bible.

Cruciform

The Gospel is not Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.
I never claimed it was. Your Straw Man Fallacy, therefore, is noted.

The Gospel is about how God justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.
I agree, at least as far as you've described things here. (Except, of course, for the fact that 2 Cor. 5:18-19 ["us"] doesn't apply to lay believers, but specifically to the apostles/bishops).

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

We are saved by...faith alone (Eph 1:13; 2Ti 1:10)...
I've challenged you on this many times on this forum---you have yet to answer a single time---and I'll do so again. Please indicate exactly where in these verses any reference whatsoever to "faith alone" appears.

beloved57

The Gospel is not Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

The Gospel is about how God justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, 2 Corinthians 5:18, 19.

Since when did you start believing those verses ? You deny them daily !

Right Divider

Body part

I agree, at least as far as you've described things here. (Except, of course, for the fact that 2 Cor. 5:18-19 ["us"] doesn't apply to lay believers, but specifically to the apostles/bishops).

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
Yes, we all know that the RCC claims any and all authority to destroy the Word of God and to make ANY false claims that please the devil.

In the body of Christ as instituted by the RISEN and GLORIED LORD Jesus Christ there is NO such thing as clergy and laity.

So clearly we see that there is ONE MEDIATOR between GOD and MAN, the Man Christ Jesus.
1Ti 2:1-7 KJV I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; (2) For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. (3) For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; (4) Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. (5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (6) Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time. (7) Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.
I'll stick with God's mediator and not yours.

Get lost devil child.

Robert Pate

Banned

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

You need to read the scripture again.

It says that God has reconciled the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, not just apostles or bishops.

Cruciform

Yes, we all know that the RCC claims any and all authority to destroy the Word of God and to make ANY false claims that please the devil.In the body of Christ as instituted by the RISEN and GLORIED LORD Jesus Christ there is NO such thing as clergy and laity.
The moment that Jesus appointed the apostles to guide and teach his one historic Church, there was a hierarchical structure (apostles/laity) to the Church. Try again.

So clearly we see that there is ONE MEDIATOR between GOD and MAN, the Man Christ Jesus.
Of course, and nothing in Catholic teaching in any way denies that Jesus is our one Mediator (see this and this).

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

You need to read the scripture again. It says that God has reconciled the world unto himself by Jesus Christ, not just apostles or bishops.
You misunderstand. The point is that those who possess "the ministry of reconciliation" are specifically the apostles---not you. Try again.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[We are saved by grace alone (Eph 2:8-9), through faith alone (Eph 1:13; 2Ti 1:10), in Christ alone (Isa 45:21,22; 59:16; Ac 4:12). :poly: Roman Catholics :eek:linger: deny this (Jude 1:11). :burnlib:] "I've challenged you on this many times on this forum..."
:yawn: Argument Ad infinitum Eph 4:14

Ps 140:10 :burnlib:

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The word 'firstborn' there has NOTHING to with physical birth.

I wasn't referring to physical birth and neither was Paul.

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ all shall be made alive. But each one in his own order: Christ the firstfruits, afterward those who are Christ’s at His coming. (1 Corinthians 15:22-23 NKJV)​

Jesus is the firstborn of the firstborn sons of God.

Robert Pate

Banned
You misunderstand. The point is that those who possess "the ministry of reconciliation" are specifically the apostles---not you. Try again.

All that have come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him are ministers of the Gospel.

The Gospel is the means by which God has reconciled the world unto himself through Jesus Christ.

beloved57

All that have come to Christ as repentant sinners to be saved by him are ministers of the Gospel.

The Gospel is the means by which God has reconciled the world unto himself through Jesus Christ.

False teaching, those Christ died for are reconciled saved while they are enemies and unrepentant Rom 5:10 !

Truster

Nobody comes to the Messiah as a repentant sinner. A person is granted repentance at regeneration.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Let's say for the sake of discussion that the Most High is Spirit and not a human. When Jesus referred to his father as being the only true God he was human and subject to death. The true God was not subject to death, he has life inherent.

The true God is not subject to death. Jesus died but now he is no longer subject to death. He too is God but Jesus is not the Most High and it is not recorded that the Most High has any plans to retire.

How greatly you misunderstand that then for Christ was not subject to death nor ever could be, He had power over death even His own.

He freely laid down His life and took it up again.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Only a remnant will be saved.

You are under the false idea that religion saves.

The remnant is a purely Jewish thing.

You have a nerve Robert Pate, you castigate Calvin for being narrow but actually you condemn a great many more than he ever did.

And you are wrong, Many shall come from East and West. An innumerable multitude.

KingdomRose

Who do you think that was that turned water into wine, healed the sick, fed 5000, raised the dead, atoned for the sins of the world?

Jesus, the SON OF GOD.

He always said that what he did was what his Father (God) told him to do, and his Father GAVE him the power to do it.