Counterfeit Christianity

Truster

The full revelation of Jesus is found in the New Testament, not the Old Testament.

On the road to Emmaus:

Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken....And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

I've told you on many occasions that you need to read the Bible.

Robert Pate

Banned
He did not. He is entirely separate from "the only true God." He said AND the one you sent, Jesus Christ.

Read it again. It says... "The only true God AND Jesus Christ".

You will have to deny a lot of scripture to prove that Jesus was not the second person of the godhead, 1 John 5:7.

Robert Pate

Banned
On the road to Emmaus:

Then he said unto them, O fools, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken....And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

I've told you on many occasions that you need to read the Bible.

The full revelation of Jesus is in the New Testament, not in the Old Testament.

When Jesus said that they did not have a New Testament.

KingdomRose

Read it again. It says... "The only true God AND Jesus Christ".

You will have to deny a lot of scripture to prove that Jesus was not the second person of the godhead, 1 John 5:7.

You are denying that "God" is separate from Jesus in that statement. You have "God" on the one hand, AND Jesus on the other. "God" obviously doesn't include Jesus.

:doh:

Robert Pate

Banned
You are denying that "God" is separate from Jesus in that statement. You have "God" on the one hand, AND Jesus on the other. "God" obviously doesn't include Jesus.

:doh:

Who do you think that was that turned water into wine, healed the sick, fed 5000, raised the dead, atoned for the sins of the world?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
How can that be when he said to his Father:

"YOU are the only true God." (John 17:3) ?

The full quote is "believe in the one true God and in Jesus Christ who He has sent"

But you do not believe in the Jesus Christ who God sent, the bible Christ is God in the flesh...you believe in a different one.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
No, I am not full of the devil like your hero John Calvin.

I believe in freedom of religion. Worship your dog if you want to.

I am not a Calvinist

You do not believe in freedom of religion

You believe that Calvinist may not be saved, that includes a whole mess of Baptists, the Presbyterians, the Brethren.

Catholics may not be saved, this includes Anglicans, Episcopalians, Orthodox, Coptics.

Pentecostalists and Charismatics may not be saved....

The exclusions just go on and on

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
...I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God. (John 20:17 NKJV)​

Why do you not believe Jesus? Weren't you talking about belief?

When He ascended to the Father it was to receive the glory He had with the Father before the world began.

Right Divider

Body part
And we can always tell when someone doesn't believe the Creator of all that exists is not God even though scripture says he is.

In Genesis 2:4 scripture says, "This is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens."

The word "LORD" is YHVH.

YHVH made everything that exists and without him nothing was made that was made.

And Jesus has a God, he said so.
First, tell us what "of God status" means.

Secondly, you completely fail to understand who Jesus is. It's not unusual, many people have this problem. Jesus is NOT JUST a man, but He is the God/Man. He is God in human flesh. His spirit is God.

You need to remember that AS A MAN, Jesus was a Jew under the law. Sometimes, when He is speaking, He is speaking from the perspective of a man that is a Jew under the law. Other times He is speaking as the LORD from heaven.

For example, when Jesus says "My God and Your God", He is including Himself with HIS PEOPLE, Israel. But at NO point does He ever stop being the LORD from heaven.

According to Acts 1, Jesus will return just as He left... bodily on the Mount of Olives. Zechariah had already explained this in detail.
Act 1:9-12 KJV And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight. (10) And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; (11) Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven. (12) Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

Zec 14:1-4 KJV Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. (2) For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. (3) Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. (4) And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
It's all clearly explained right there in the Bible.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
How can that be when he said to his Father:

"YOU are the only true God." (John 17:3) ?

Let's say for the sake of discussion that the Most High is Spirit and not a human. When Jesus referred to his father as being the only true God he was human and subject to death. The true God was not subject to death, he has life inherent.

The true God is not subject to death. Jesus died but now he is no longer subject to death. He too is God but Jesus is not the Most High and it is not recorded that the Most High has any plans to retire.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
First, tell us what "of God status" means.

It means the Most High is reproducing himself. Jesus is the firstborn of many brethren.

For whom He foreknew, He also predestined (ordained) to be conformed to the image of His Son that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. (Romans 8:29 NKJV)​

Robert Pate

Banned
I am not a Calvinist

You do not believe in freedom of religion

You believe that Calvinist may not be saved, that includes a whole mess of Baptists, the Presbyterians, the Brethren.

Catholics may not be saved, this includes Anglicans, Episcopalians, Orthodox, Coptics.

Pentecostalists and Charismatics may not be saved....

The exclusions just go on and on

Only a remnant will be saved.

You are under the false idea that religion saves.