Counterfeit Christianity

Robert Pate

Banned
But you wouldn't in 17th century Europe...do not kid yourself

Calvin's Geneva is where all the English and French protestants found refuge from the persecutions of the RCC it must have been a veritable heaven on earth....

Yea, like jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
He was all human and all God in one person.

And he has a God, that is the issue.

But I want you to know that the head of every man is Christ, the head of woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.
(1 Corinthians 11:3 NKJV)​

Jesus' God and our God is the Most High.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
...Are you trusting in John Calvin?
No

Are you trusting in the Catholic church?
No

Are you trusting in who you are and in what you have become?
No

There is no saving power in these things, none of those things can save. The only one who has the power to save is Jesus Christ. Therefore all of your faith should be directed to him and to him alone.

Alone...the key, as in

Sola Scriptura - scripture alone (yet for you, Robert, a problem)
Sola Fide - faith alone (zero cooperation on your part, Robert)
Sola Gratia - grace alone (God did it all, even your faith after re-birth)
Solus Christus
- Our Lord's active and passive obedience alone, rendering His work complete, not potential, for all so given to Him
Soli Deo Gloria - God alone get's all the glory, it is not shared with man that would make God a debtor because man, er, "chose wisely", "accepted the gift", etc. :AMR:

AMR

Last edited:

KingdomRose

Jesus doesn't have a God. Jesus is God.

I'll show you why you're 100% wrong.

(1) Jesus never said he was God. There isn't even an inkling of a hint that he is God.

(2) He stated at least three times in the N.T. that the Father is his God.

Mark 15:34: "At the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, 'Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?' which is translated, 'my God, my God, why have you forsaken me?'"

John 20:17b: "I ascend to my Father and your Father, and my God and your God."

Revelation 3:12: "He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God;...and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from my God."

To say that Jesus doesn't have a God would be to ignore what he himself said, wouldn't it?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'll show you why you're 100% wrong.

(1) Jesus never said he was God. There isn't even an inkling of a hint that he is God.

(2) He stated at least three times in the N.T. that the Father is his God.

Mark 15:34: "At the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, 'Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?' which is translated, 'my God, my God, why have you forsaken me?'"

John 20:17b: "I ascend to my Father and your Father, and my God and your God."

Revelation 3:12: "He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of my God;...and I will write on him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from my God."

To say that Jesus doesn't have a God would be to ignore what he himself said, wouldn't it?

You're a member of a JW cult. You're opinion doesn't count for anything.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
And we can always tell when someone doesn't believe the Creator of all that exists is not God even though scripture says he is.

In Genesis 2:4 scripture says, "This is the history of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens."

The word "LORD" is YHVH.

YHVH made everything that exists and without him nothing was made that was made.

And Jesus has a God, he said so.

Jesus is God.

KingdomRose

Jesus often identified himself with our humanity. I believe that is what he is doing here.

"My Father and your Father, and to my God and your God".

He was all human and all God in one person.

How can that be when he said to his Father:

"YOU are the only true God." (John 17:3) ?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He did not. He is entirely separate from "the only true God." He said AND the one you sent, Jesus Christ.

No. He said;

John 10:30-31King James Version (KJV)

30 I and my Father are one.

31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.