Coitus Interruptus... Flirty Turtles, Fossils and the Flood

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Well, no. Sorry, son. Go to any Web site you like on the formation of fossils and you will always find three things.

Here's one.

Watch:

From dinosaur to fossil
Stage 1
A dinosaur dies and is buried before the remains are completely destroyed.

Stage 2
Over time, layers of sediment build up and press down on the buried remains.

Stage 3
Dissolved minerals [cement], transported by ground-waters in the sediment, fill tiny spaces in the bones. The combination of pressure, chemical reactions and time eventually turns the sediments into rock and the bones into mineralised fossils.

That didn't take long.

In Stripe's world "mineral"= "cement". Special Stripe dictionary is needed for that.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
In Stripe's world "mineral"= "cement". Special Stripe dictionary is needed for that.

Nope. If you'll notice, it says "dissolved minerals." You know how to put little bits of rock in pore space and have them bind so that a once brittle material hardens? HINT: It involves "dissolving" stuff that might be "minerals" in — *gasp* — "water."

Then that water has to be removed.

Clearly, you have no grasp on the fundamentals at all. :chuckle:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This thread is a perfect example of how desperate Darwinists are to protect their precious religion. I can go to any university-level geology class class in the world and — provided they do not get whiff that I pose a threat to their doctrine — I could say: "Fossils require water, sediment and cement" and nobody would bat an eyelid. Heck, that's what the textbooks teach!

However, call yourself a creationist and declare the fundamentals and evolutionists will tie themselves in knots in their desperation to maintain opposition, even to plain and simple facts.

This is why Darwinists are mocked.

Silent Hunter

Can't (won't) answer the question can you?

Stripe's MO:
1. Make unsubstantiated assertion.
2. Is asked to proved evidence of his assertion.
3. Claims assertion IS evidence.
4. Shifts burden of proof.
5. Repeat.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Can't (won't) answer the question can you?
Of course I can (will).

Stripe's MO:
1. Make unsubstantiated assertion.
There are turtles frozen in rock. This requires that water, sediment and cement were at play.

All this is patently obvious and has been backed up by numerous sources.

2. Is asked to [provide] evidence of his assertion.
Next you'll be asking for evidence that the sky is blue.
3. Claims assertion IS evidence.
Nope. Assertions aren't evidence.
4. Shifts burden of proof.
We haven't even begun to discuss the evidence; the Darwinists can't accept simple facts.
5. Repeat.
Nope.

When you've got something useful to contribute, let us know. :up:

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Just curious...

Would it be impossible, given your beliefs, for the turtles to have died within the last 10,000 years?

Those particular turtles---yep. Not based on my belief but on the age of the rock they were found in. If you have any particular evidence, lacking to Stripe, let us know. Citation to the literature please.

Or to cut to the chase, you could always read the paper, I'm sure Stripe or 6 days can give you the citation. You could even contact the authors. Ask them what the evidence suggested to them. Let us know what you find out, that way what I "believe" should not matter that much to you.

Than again, what are the chances you will take any steps that might question your theology. Which raises an issue about the robustness of your religious beliefs.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I would venture that the turtles are even younger than 10,000 years, to be honest. It's all a matter of dating methods and how reliable they are.

God Knows,

Michael

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Those particular turtles---yep. Not based on my belief but on the age of the rock they were found in. If you have any particular evidence, lacking to Stripe, let us know. Citation to the literature please.

Or to cut to the chase, you could always read the paper, I'm sure Stripe or 6 days can give you the citation. You could even contact the authors. Ask them what the evidence suggested to them. Let us know what you find out, that way what I "believe" should not matter that much to you.

Than again, what are the chances you will take any steps that might question your theology. Which raises an issue about the robustness of your religious beliefs.

Darwinists are only comfortable when the truth of their assertions has been assumed; they hate examining evidence.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Help us, Stripe, how long ago were the turtles fossilized, give us your evidence for that.

Dear Jonahdog,

Don't you get it Jonah? None of that matters. The thing that has priority over EVERY THING is your relationship with God and with Jesus. They are in charge of our destiny and our relationship with them is of utmost importance. Don't love God because you don't want to go to Hades. Love Him because you Love Him!! Don't you have room in your heart for a wonderful, awesome 'person/being' Whom you can call a close friend? Are you able to feel true love? All that matters is LOVE!!

Michael

6days

Jonahdog said:
Per Wiki, the site is between 36 million and 57 million years old. Not sure how old the turtle fossils are?
Wiki gives you a 21 million year window of time. They miss the correct answer by that 21 million years, plus about another 21 million. Just goes to show you all knowing Wiki, doesn't know turtles. (And they seem unaware of huge problems in Ar to Ar dating method used).
Jonahdog said:
When were those turtles interrupted and buried
They weren't interrupted. Read the OP...They are still doing it.
When were they buried...read the OP. (Hint...the turtles, birds etc were rapidly buried and preserved in sediment, similar to billions of other fossils around the world... evidence of the global flood)
Jonahdog said:
Stripe, how long ago were the turtles fossilized? What is the evidence for that time frame?
Read the OP.
Evidence for the time frame...
*The inerrant Word of God
*The evidence of rapid burial of many other fossils at this location, consistent with the global flood model.
* Soft tissue would also be great evidence...perhaps they should cut the fossils open.

Last edited:

Silent Hunter

Wiki gives you a 21 million year window of time. They miss the correct and answer by that 21 million years, plus about another 21 million. Just goes to show you all knowing Wiki, doesn't know turtles. (And they seem unaware of huge problems in Ar to Ar dating method used).
They weren't interrupted. Read the OP...They are still doing it.
When were they buried...read the OP. (Hint...the turtles, birds etc were rapidly buried and preserved in sediment, similar to billions of other fossils around the world... evidence of the global flood)
Read the OP.
Evidence for the time frame...
*The inerrant Word of God
*The evidence of rapid burial of many other fossils at this location, consistent with the global flood model.
* Soft tissue would also be great evidence...perhaps they should cut the fossils open.
Inerrant? Do you so often engage in question begging?

Global flood? Is there absolutely no possible way it was a local flood?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

6days

This thread is a perfect example of how desperate Darwinists are to protect their precious religion. I can go to any university-level geology class class in the world and — provided they do not get whiff that I pose a threat to their doctrine — I could say: "Fossils require water, sediment and cement" and nobody would bat an eyelid. Heck, that's what the textbooks teach!

However, call yourself a creationist and declare the fundamentals and evolutionists will tie themselves in knots in their desperation to maintain opposition, even to plain and simple facts.

This is why Darwinists are mocked.
Good comments, Stripe....and absolutely correct. Your link uses the word 'cement' and people don't blink. But as you point out...evolutionists here are flipping out trying to prove you wrong, even though you are describing fossilization the same way many evolutionists do.