Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

genuineoriginal

He wasn't being worshipped as KING here.

John 9:33-39 If this man were not of God, he could do nothing. They answered and said unto him, Thou wast altogether born in sins, and dost thou teach us? And they cast him out. Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God? He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him? And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee. And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him. And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

Matthew 8:2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.

Matthew 9:18 While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.

Matthew 14:33 Then they that were in the ship came and worshipped him, saying, Of a truth thou art the Son of God.​

According to the context, he is not being worshiped as God in any of those verses.

God's Truth

According to the context, he is not being worshiped as God in any of those verses.

Only God is to be worshiped.

Jesus is exalted to the highest place, he is sitting on the throne and is far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age, but also in that which is to come. Everything is under His feet and he is head over everything.

...but you don't think he should be worshiped?

genuineoriginal

Only God is to be worshiped.
Yes.

Jesus is exalted to the highest place, he is sitting on the throne and is far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age, but also in that which is to come. Everything is under His feet and he is head over everything.
God put everything under Jesus' feet, with the exception of God Himself.

1 Corinthians 15:27
27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.​

...but you don't think he should be worshiped?
Jesus never said we are to worship Him as God, but He did say that the Father was to be worshiped.

John 4:23
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.​

God's Truth

Yes.

God put everything under Jesus' feet, with the exception of God Himself.

1 Corinthians 15:27
27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.​

Jesus never said we are to worship Him as God, but He did say that the Father was to be worshiped.

John 4:23
23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.​

Hello GO,

Right; God did not put Jesus above Himself, but He put Jesus on His throne with Him.

Apple7

There are things that JWs have wrong. As for Christians

the subject of worship of Christ is important for JWs and Christians alike

you are saying that JWs are not Christian

The lexicons make this declaration.

I believe that you are a Trinitarian Christian. I am not.

I do not know how to help you.

I don't require help.

However, you do...

I can agree with you that JWs are not Christian. I know that there are Christians and JWs who do not agree.

I am a Torah Observant Jew who believes in the New Covenant for the House of Israel and the House of Judah.

I am interested to know better what worship of Christ means to and or for me. I believe that a study of the Scriptures, the Bible, will help me to better know what this means for me.

I am an Ex-Christian and I have nothing against believing or believing and obedient Christians.

I am an Ex-Dispensationalist. I believe that Yeshua is the King of Israel.

There is no Salvation apart from the worship of the Triune Creator.

Even the OT prophets understood this important fact.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
First off, you can stop quoting a Trinitarian English rendering when you don't believe in it to begin with.

That is commonly called hypocrisy...

Today is Revi'i, Fourth, Aviv 12, Evening and Morning, Night and Day. (already)

I actually do not know what you are talking about.

Apple7

What part is nope? God is Spirit? There is only one Spirit? Jesus' spirit is the Spirit of God?

You don't believe all that?

God is Spirit: John 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth."

There is only one Spirit: Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit,

Jesus' spirit is the Spirit of God: 2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit,

But you are not in flesh, but in (en) Spirit, since the Spirit of God dwells (oikei) in you. But if anyone has (echei) not the Spirit of Christ, this one is not His. But if Christ is in (en) you, the body indeed is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of the One having raised Jesus from the dead dwells (oikei) in you, the One having raised the Christ from the dead will also make your mortal bodies live through the indwelling (enoikountos) of His Spirit in you. (Romans 8.9 – 11)

Locations of ‘oikei’:

• Romans 7.18
• Romans 8.9, 11 (Spirit of God dwells)
• 1 Cor 3.16 (Spirit of God dwelling)

Locations of ‘enoikountos’:

• Romans 8.11
• 2 Tim 1.14 (Holy Spirit dwells)

Romans 8.9 – 11 informs the reader that The Holy Spirit (Spirit of God) is separate from the Spirit of Christ by employing entirely different verbs in their description.

The Holy Spirit uses the verbs, ‘oikei’ & enoikountos’, meaning that a ‘cohabitation’ event is occurring. This is a literal Person-to-person event. The Holy Spirit resides within a person.

Contrasted to this is the Spirit of Christ, which is promoted via the preposition ‘en’ (in), and the verb ‘echei’, to have or hold.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Jesus is a created being fathered by God through Mary.

If He was not a righteous faultless man of the human race then His death did not atone for sin.

Joh 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

LA

God's Truth

But you are not in flesh, but in (en) Spirit, since the Spirit of God dwells (oikei) in you. But if anyone has (echei) not the Spirit of Christ, this one is not His. But if Christ is in (en) you, the body indeed is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of the One having raised Jesus from the dead dwells (oikei) in you, the One having raised the Christ from the dead will also make your mortal bodies live through the indwelling (enoikountos) of His Spirit in you. (Romans 8.9 – 11)

Locations of ‘oikei’:

• Romans 7.18
• Romans 8.9, 11 (Spirit of God dwells)
• 1 Cor 3.16 (Spirit of God dwelling)

Locations of ‘enoikountos’:

• Romans 8.11
• 2 Tim 1.14 (Holy Spirit dwells)

Romans 8.9 – 11 informs the reader that The Holy Spirit (Spirit of God) is separate from the Spirit of Christ by employing entirely different verbs in their description.

The Holy Spirit uses the verbs, ‘oikei’ & enoikountos’, meaning that a ‘cohabitation’ event is occurring. This is a literal Person-to-person event. The Holy Spirit resides within a person.

Contrasted to this is the Spirit of Christ, which is promoted via the preposition ‘en’ (in), and the verb ‘echei’, to have or hold.

We are only given one Spirit when we are saved; we are given the Holy Spirit.

So that is more proof that Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God come as a man's.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?

Galatians 4:6 Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father."

Ephesians 3:17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,

God's Truth

When we are saved, we receive the Holy Spirit, see Acts 5:32.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God,

See 2 Corinthians 6:16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will live with them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they will be my people."

The Saved become the temple of God. When we are saved we are given the Spirit of God. Since we are given the Spirit of Jesus, Jesus is God.

The scriptures tell us that when we are saved Jesus lives inside us, see 2 Corinthians 13:5.

How do you think that we have three in us if they are not all the same?

There is only one Spirit, see Ephesians 4:4.

Jesus is God, the Holy Spirit is God, Jesus is God and is the Holy Spirit.

The Father will live inside you.

Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. John 14:23

For we are the temple of the living God. 2 Corinthians 6:16

You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. Romans 8:9

Ephesians 2:22 And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.

1 Corinthians 3:16 Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?

Jesus will live inside you.

John 17:26 I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."

Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. John 14:23

so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. Ephesians 3:17

Revelation 3:20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.

And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. Romans 8:9

Romans 8:10 But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness.

2 Corinthians 13:5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?

The Holy Spirit lives in you.

1 Corinthians 6:19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?

John 14:17 the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

John 1:33
I would not have known him, except that the one who sent me to baptize with water told me, ‘The man on whom you see the Spirit come down and remain is he who will baptize with the Holy Spirit.’

Acts 2:38
Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

2 Timothy 1:14
Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.

The Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit lives in us. They are one and the same. We do not have three different Spirits living in us, for the scriptures say there is one Spirit.

Ephesians 4:4 There is one body and one Spirit--just as you were called to one hope when you were called--

Ephesians 2:18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body--whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free--and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

Apple7

We are only given one Spirit when we are saved; we are given the Holy Spirit.

So that is more proof that Jesus' Spirit is the Spirit of God come as a man's.

Galatians 4:6 Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father."

Ephesians 3:17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love,

You want to ignore scripture and deny The Holy Trinity, by making The Son the Holy Spirit.

This does not work, as already detailed to you...

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
It's dangerous to make statements about somebody or some thing that you don't know anything about. You wind up with egg on your face.

We "worship" Christ, just not as God. "Worship" is relative. It merely means to give honor or respect to. We worship a court judge as a high official, as well as we do a president or a governor.

Changing the definition of "worship" to fit your doctrine only makes you deceitful.

Here is the definition of worship:

4345e9d5a156d1dfa825f41f60106b96.jpg

010a83a90d60acd082059ee55ea62051.jpg

3f358f1911624dea819ebd3b804206f1.jpg

Worshipping anyone or anything but God is called IDOLATRY. Showing honor or respect for people in positions of authority is not worship.

Paul calls Jesus God. (Titus 2:13)
Jesus existed in the form of God. (Philippians 2:5-8)
God the Father says to the Son, "Your throne, God, will last forever." (Hebrews 1:8)
John calls Jesus (the Word) God (John 1:1)

----

IF:

Jesus is not God

THEN:

Jesus is not worthy of worship.

The word "worship" comes from the root words "weorthscipe" (Old English) and "worth-ship" (English).

"Weorthscipe" means "worthiness, acknowledgment of worth."

No godly man or being ever accepted worship from men even when they were mistaken. For example Paul and Barnabas were worshipped, and they rejected it. (Acts 14:8-18)

----

IF:

Jesus was just "a god," and not YHWH, like the JW's claim

THEN:

Jesus is not worthy of worship.

There shall be no foreign god among you; Nor shall you worship any foreign god. - Psalm 81:9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm81:9&version=NKJV

(for you shall worship no other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God), - Exodus 34:14 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus34:14&version=NKJV

“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.“You shall have no other gods before Me.“You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me,but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments. - Exodus 20:2-6 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus20:2-6&version=NKJV

And he said to Him, “All these things I will give You if You will fall down and worship me.” Then Jesus said to him, [JESUS]“Away with you, Satan! For it is written, ‘You shall worship the Lord your God, and Him only you shall serve.’”[/JESUS] - Matthew 4:9-10 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew4:9-10&version=NKJV

IF:

No one but God is to be worshipped

AND IF:

Godly men (ie created beings) rejected worship

THEN:

Why did Jesus, who according to the JWs is NOT God, but just a created being, and a godly man, ACCEPT WORSHIP?!

AND:

Why was Jesus' message so focused on Himself, when [No one but God is to be worshipped] and [godly men (created beings) rejected worship and attention, instead diverting it to God]?

Spoiler
If we count how many times the Old Testament prophets said, “Thus says the Lord” we find them using that phrase, in the New King James Version of the Bible, about 420 times. The New Testament on the other hand, never once records that phrase. Jesus Christ, with all the red ink devoted to recording His words, never once used that ubiquitous phrase, “Thus saith the Lord.” Rather, Jesus proclaims, “I say to you,” in the Gospels! Not a single “Thus says the Lord,” but rather, “I say to you,” 135 times. The following chart demonstrates biblically that these two phrases, Thus saith the Lord, and I say unto you, indicate the same thing, that God is speaking. For Jesus Christ made it clear that He Himself was at the heart of His teaching. Unlike the righteous priests and kings, prophets and the apostles, the Lord focused His message on Himself:

• “Follow Me” 19x Mt. 4:19; 8:22; 10:38; 16:24; 19:21; Mk. 1:17; 2:14; 8:34; 10:21; Lk. 5:27; 9:59; 18:22; Jn. 1:43; 8:12; 10:27; 12:26; 13:36; 21:19, 22
  • Pray and act “in My name” 18x Mt. 7:22; 18:5; 18:20; [24:5]; Mk. 9:37, 39, 41; [13:6]; Lk. 9:48; [21:8]; 24:47; Jn. 14:13?14; 15:16; 16:23?24, 26; Acts 9:15
  • “the Holy Spirit” comes “in My name” Jn. 14:26
  • “for My name’s sake” leave family and property Mt. 19:29; or even be killed 5x Mt. 24:9; [Lk. 21:12, 17;] Jn. 15:21; Acts 9:16
  • Believe in the “name of the… Son” and “in the Son” 3x Jn. 3:18, 36; 9:35 and “in Him [Jesus]” 4x Jn. 3:18; 6:29, 40; 8:31
  • “believe in Me” 14x Mt. 18:6; Mk. 9:42; Jn. 3:15? 16, 18; 6:35, 47; 7:38; 11:25, 26; 12:44, 46; 14:1, 12; 16:8; 17:20
  • You “are sanctified by faith in Me” Acts 26:18
  • Live “in Me” Jn. 11:26
  • “come after Me” Mk. 8:34; Lk. 14:27
  • Abide “in Me” Jn. 15:2, 4:5, 7 “abide in Me” or else Jn. 15:6 “abide in My love” Jn. 15:9?10
  • “where two or three are gathered,” Jesus is “there in the midst of them” Mt. 18:20
  • So too: “I [Jesus, will abide] in you” Jn. 15:4?5
  • “know that I am He” Jn. 8:28 or “if you do not believe that I am He you will die in your sins” Jn. 8:24
  • Do things “for My sake” Mt. 10:22, 39; even lose your life “for My sake” 4x Mt. 16:25; Mk. 8:35; 10:29; Lk. 6:22
  • “I never knew you, depart from Me” Mt. 7:23
  • “I am willing; be cleansed” Mt. 8:3; Mk.. 1:41
  • ”confess Me” Mt. 10:32; Lk. 12:8
  • Do not deny “Me” 7x Mt. 10:33; 26:34; Mk. 14:30, 72; Lk. 12:9; 22:34; Jn. 13:38
  • Do not be “ashamed of Me” Mk. 8:38; Lk. 9:26 nor "My words"
  • “love Me” 5x Jn. 14:15, 21, 23?24, 28
  • Do not reject “Me” Lk. 10:16; Jn. 12:48
  • “He who is not with Me is against Me” Lk. 11:23
  • Love Me “more than” your family members Mt. 10:37; [Lk. 14:26]
  • “I… have loved you” Jn. 15:9, 12
  • Be “worthy of Me” Mt. 10:37?38
  • “Come to Me” 5x Mt. 11:28; Lk. 6:47; Jn. 5:40; 6:35; 7:37
  • “I will give you rest” Mt. 11:28
  • “For My yoke is easy and My burden is light” Mt. 11:30
  • I am “greater than the temple” “than Jonah” “than Solomon” Mt. 12:6, 41?42
  • I am “Lord even of the Sabbath” Mt. 12:8; Mk. 2:28; Lk. 6:5 [Lord of God's Ten Commandments]
    Thus He says keep “My commandments” 4x Jn. 14:15, 21; 15:10, 12
  • “You are My friends if you do whatever I command you” Jn. 15:14
  • “keep My word” Jn. 14:23?24
  • “He who is not with Me is against Me” Mt. 12:30
  • The angels are “His angels” Mt. 13:41; 16:27 and He commands “His angels” Mt. 24:31; Mk. 13:27
  • The kingdom is “His kingdom” Mt. 13:41 and He calls it “My kingdom” Lk. 22:30
  • Jesus called it “My church” Mt. 16:18 and believers are “My sheep” Jn. 10:14, 27 and they are “His elect” Mt. 24:31; Mk. 13:27
  • Paul is a “vessel of Mine to bear My name” Acts 9:15
  • “all Mine are Yours, and Yours are Mine” Jn. 17:10
  • “My peace I give” Jn. 14:27 ”in Me you may have peace” Jn. 16:33
  • “My joy” should fill you Jn. 15:11
  • “Who do men say that I am?” Mt. 16:13; Mk. 8:27 “who do you say that I am?” Mt. 16:15
  • Receive “Me” Mt. 18:5; Mk. 9:37; Lk. 9:48
  • Heaven and earth will pass away but “My words” will never Mt. [5:18] 24:35; Mk. 13:31; Lk. 21:33
  • Tell others about Jesus Mk. 5:19
  • “you belong to Christ” Mk. 9:41
  • Hear “My sayings” and do them Lk. 6:47
  • Jesus has “His own glory” Lk. 9:26; [Jn. 2:11; 16:14] The Son is “glorified” 8x Jn. 11:4; 12:23; 13:31?32; [17:1, 5, 10 24]
  • “He who hears you hears Me” Lk. 10:16
  • Jesus expects praise, from stones if necessary 1x Lk. 19:37?40
  • Return “to Me” Lk. 22:32
  • Be “My disciple” Lk. 14:27; Jn. 8:31; 15:8
  • Forsake all to “be My disciple” Lk. 14:33 ”you are My disciples” Jn. 13:35
  • “I shall send… the [Holy] Spirit” Jn. 15:26; 16:7
  • The Holy Spirit “will testify of Me” Jn. 15:26
  • We read in John 5 and Luke 24 that “the Scriptures… testify of Me” Jn. 5:39; [Lk. 24:44]
  • “You [Apostles] also will bear witness [of Me] because you have been with Me” Jn. 15:27
  • Paul gives “testimony concerning Me” Acts 22:18; 23:11
  • “the Son gives life to whom He will” Jn. 5:21
  • “seek Me” Jn. 6:26
  • Serve “Me” Jn. 12:26
  • “all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father” Jn. 5:23
  • “I am the bread of life,” “of heaven,” “of God” Jn. 6: 32-33, 35, 41, [48,] 51
  • Just seeing Christ is reason enough to believe [Jn. 6:36] him” Jn. 6:56
  • Drink “My blood” and eat “My flesh” Jn. 6:53?54, 56
  • “I will raise him up at the last day” Jn. 6:40 for He is the resurrection
  • “The world… hates Me” Jn. 7:7
  • “I am the light of the world” Jn. 8:12; 9:5; 12:46
  • “I bear witness of Myself” 1x Jn. 8:13-14, 18
  • “know… Jesus Christ” for “eternal life” Jn. 17:3; [8:19; 10:10, 14]
  • “the Son makes you free” Jn. 8:36
  • “Abraham rejoiced to see My day” Jn. 8:56;
  • “Before Abraham was, I AM” Jn. 8:58
  • Of believers, Christ said, “I know them” Jn. 10:27
  • “I give them eternal life” Jn. 10:28
  • “I am the resurrection and the life” Jn. 11:25
  • I “will draw all peoples to Myself” Jn. 12:32
  • “I will… receive you to Myself” Jn. 14:3
  • Be “Mine” Jn. 14:24
  • “I am the vine” Jn. 15:5
  • “without Me you can do nothing” Jn. 15:5
  • “You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you” Jn. 15:16
  • Those who oppress Christians are “persecuting Me” Acts 9:4?5; 22:7?8; 26:14?15
  • “because they have not known… Me” Jn. 16:3
  • The Spirit “will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it” Jn. 16:14
  • “All things that the Father has are Mine” Jn. 16:15
  • “the Father… loves you, because you have loved Me” Jn. 16:27
  • “If I will that he remain” Jn. 21:22
  • “I have overcome the world” Jn. 16:33
  • “I am the way” Jn. 14:6
  • “I am… the truth” Jn. 14:6
  • “I am… the life” Jn. 14:6
  • “I will… manifest Myself” Jn. 14:21

BECAUSE:

JESUS IS YHWH, AND IS THEREFORE WORTHY OF WORSHIP.

We worship Jesus as the Son of God, worthy of high praise and honor. The only One we worship as God Almighty is Jehovah,
the Father
. So you are very WRONG about your accusation.

Are you speaking out of both sides of your mouth now, speaking doublespeak?

First you say you worship created beings, then you say you only worship YHWH?

Make up your mind.

Do you worship three Gods? We only worship one. Jehovah.

We worship the ONE GOD, who is the Father, the Son, the Holy Spirit.

One God, Three Persons.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
How does that make Jesus God?

The following verses show us that Jesus is not God but shows us that the father of the only true God. In Jesus's own words.

John 17

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. And this is life eternal, that they might know THEE, THE ONLY TRUE GOD, and Jesus Christ, whom THOU HAST SENT. I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.
Basing a doctrine on ONE SINGLE VERSE is an extremely BAD IDEA.