Christians worship Christ; JW's do not!

God's Truth

Incorrect. Can you provide a verse where an individual other than God was worshiped, and not rebuked for it, by a holy figure?

You are also creating two different definitions of worship. Note that your last two sentences use the same word, but apply two different levels of intent? This is not concurrent with what is stated in Scripture (such as when John bows down to worship the angel in Revelation, and is rebuked and corrected for such action).

Kingdomrose tries to say that they are not really worshiping Jesus, and the Catholics try to say venerating isn't worship.
Both are in error.

God's Truth

Jesus is sitting on God's throne therefore should be worshiped as God.

Venerating is worship and no one but God should be worshiped and saints and Mary should not be.

God's Truth

Nope, He is sitting right hand of almighty God.

there is difference.

Matthew 28:18
Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to Me.

Daniel 7:14
"And to Him was given dominion, Glory and a kingdom, That all the peoples, nations and men of every language Might serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion Which will not pass away; And His kingdom is one Which will not be destroyed.

"He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever. "I will be a father to him and he will be a son to Me; when he commits iniquity, I will correct him with the rod of men and the strokes of the sons of men, but My lovingkindness shall not depart from him, as I took it away from Saul, whom I removed from before you. "Your house and your kingdom shall endure before Me forever; your throne shall be established forever." (2 Samuel 7:13-16)

Philippians 2:9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place and gave him the name that is above every name,

Ephesians 1:21
far above all rule and authority, power and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age, but also in the one to come.

John 10:30 I and the Father are one."

Revelation 7:9
[ The Great Multitude in White Robes ] After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.

Revelation 7:17
For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; ‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’ ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’”

Revelation 22:1
[ Eden Restored ] Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb

Revelation 4:8
And each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around and within. Day and night they never stop saying: "Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!"

meshak

BANNED
Banned
God came as a man. God came to earth to experience what life is like for humans and then he died for us and as a man he needed to be exalted.

That does not prove He is God.

God is all-powerful. He does not need to be given the authority by someone else.

God's Truth

That does not prove He is God.

God is all-powerful. He does not need to be given the authority by someone else.

These scriptures say Jesus is the Lord who was and is and is to come; and these scriptures call him God Almighty.

And each of the four living creatures had six wings and was covered with eyes all around and within. Day and night they never stop saying: "Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come!"

This scripture says it is 'His' throne:

Revelation 1:4
John, To the seven churches in the province of Asia: Grace and peace to you from Him who is and was and is to come, and from the sevenfold Spirit before His throne,

Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega called God:

Revelation 1:7-8 KJV
(7) Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
(8) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

God's Truth

These scriptures say Jesus is the Lord who was and is and is to come; and these scriptures call him God Almighty.

This scripture says it is 'His' throne:

Revelation 1:4
John, To the seven churches in the province of Asia: Grace and peace to you from Him who is and was and is to come, and from the sevenfold Spirit before His throne,

Jesus is the Alpha and the Omega called God:

Revelation 1:7-8 KJV
(7) Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.
(8) I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

The scriptures plainly call Jesus 'God'.

marhig

God came as a man. How do you get that the Father in heaven didn't need to exalt Jesus?
God has exalted Jesus and set him at his right hand, and GIVEN him authority, and he also anointed him, he gave him power over all flesh, thus God is also the God of Jesus.

Why would God the father need to do these things if Jesus is the father and is God?

marhig

The scriptures plainly call Jesus 'God'.
The scriptures plainly tell us that Jesus said that the father is the only true God and that he is his God. And the apostles say that the father is the God of Christ Jesus.

Why shouldn't I believe this when Jesus himself says it? And why shouldn't I believe his apostles when they call God the God and father of Christ Jesus. If the father is the God and father of Christ Jesus, then Jesus is neither the father nor is he God!

God's Truth

The scriptures plainly tell us that Jesus said that the father is the only true God and that he is his God. And the apostles say that the father is the God of Christ Jesus.

Why shouldn't I believe this when Jesus himself says it? And why shouldn't I believe his apostles when they call God the God and father of Christ Jesus. If the father is the God and father of Christ Jesus, then Jesus is neither the father nor is he God!

God came as a man.

God's Truth

God has exalted Jesus and set him at his right hand, and GIVEN him authority, and he also anointed him, he gave him power over all flesh, thus God is also the God of Jesus.

Why would God the father need to do these things if Jesus is the father and is God?

God came as a man.

CherubRam

Therefore, JW's are NOT Christian.

The act of worshiping any being but Yahwah was punishable by death. Most likely the words "pay tribute" or "honor" were replaced with the word "worship." It is an act that is a very big deal in the Jewish community, but yet you see no mention in the New Testament or history about any Jews objecting. No one complained about him saying they are one, because they knew he was speaking about unity. The Messiah to come (Yahshua) was never to be a being to be worshipped. This would have been an extremely big deal in the Jewish community if it was truly taking place. And that is one of a number of reasons the Jewish community rejects the New Testament as being the word of God. Yahshua directed us to worship Yahwah only, and stated that he does not accept any glory from mankind.

John 5:41
I do not accept glorification from human beings,

Matthew 4:10
Yahshua said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’ ”

Luke 4:8
Yahshua answered, “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.’ ”

In the scripture he is quoting, "the Lord," is Yahwah.

CherubRam

God came as a man.

God is not a man

God is not a man: In Numbers 23:19; "God is not a man..." defies the possibility that Yahshua The Messiah is God. The text states that: Yahwah is not an ("iys / man) that He should lie, nor the son of (Adam / Man")...

Malachi 3:6
I (the LORD / Yahwah) do not change...

Hosea 11:9
I will not carry out my fierce anger, nor will I devastate Ephraim again. For I am God, and not a man— the Holy One among you.

Psalm 80:17
Let your hand rest on the man at your right hand, the son of man you have raised up for yourself.

Matthew 26:64
"Yes, it is as you say," Yahshua replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

Matthew 22:41
41While the Pharisees were gathered together, Yahshua asked them, 42"What do you think about the Messiah ? Whose son is he?" "The son of David," they replied. 43He said to them, "How is it then that David, speaking by the Spirit, calls him 'lord'? For he says, 44" 'The Lord said to my lord: "Sit at my right hand until I put your enemies under your feet." 45If then David calls him 'lord,' how can he be his son?"

Matthew 1:1
[ The Genealogy of Yahshua the Messiah ] This is the genealogy of Yahshua the Messiah the son of David, the son of Abraham:

Matthew 1:20
But after he had considered this, an (angel/ messenger) of (the Lord / Yahwah) appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit.

Luke 1:27
to a virgin pledged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of David.

John 10:36
what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’?

John 13:16
Very truly I tell you, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him.

John 14:28
“You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

Philippians 2:5-7
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Messiah Yahshua: 6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
That word "equal" could be translated in other words, such as, "equated," or "counted," or "equality."And the word robbery can translate as "obtainable." If Yahshua states that "The Father is greater than I" and refers to his Father in prayer as "You, the only true God," in (John 17:3.) It's kind of obvious that he's not equal to the one who sent him. "God exalted him," he did not exalt himself !

Here is an alternate reading of Philippians 2:6. Who being in the form of God did not think equality with God as obtainable.

God is the name of no one because it is a title. There are many gods, real, or imagined. Scholars insert the article "a" whenever they think it should apply. God, or, a god. All of the sons of God are gods because they have life immortal. Yahshua said he was a son of God, so therefore he was a god. Nowhere in scripture does Yahshua ever say he is the Father or Holy Spirit, whom the Father is the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit also being a name title and not a personal name. Yahwah informs us of only one personal name for Himself, and that name is Yahwah.

Yahwah reveals His name to Moses
Exodus 3:13-15.

13 And Moses said to Elohiym, “Suppose I go to the siblings of the Israelites and say to them, 'The Elohiym of your forefathers has sent me to you,' and they ask me, 'What is His name?' What shall I say to them?”
14 And Elohiym said to Moses, “The Living that Lives. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: 'The Living has sent me to you.”
15 And Elohiym also said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, 'Yahwah, the Elohiym of your forefathers; the Elohiym of Abraham, the Elohiym of Isaac and the Elohiym of Jacob has sent me to you. That is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered, from generation to generation.”

Malachi 3:6
For I am (the Lord / Yahwah,) I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.