Can a Roman Catholic be a Christian?

Bard_the_Bowman

Hey Ac,

Ok. Thanks for your response. I would like to respond to it and I owe you an answer to the question you asked as well.

However, I apologize, I am literally walking out the door and will be offline for a couple of days.

I will respond to you when I get computer access again.

Peace.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Hey Ktoyou,

I'm only guessing but I think maybe you are bi or multi-lingual. That is awesome but I think we are misunderstanding each other a little. I will try to clarify.

If you think that the Catholic Church has any high priest other than Jesus Christ you are wrong. It doesn't.

If you believe that..... it is a misunderstanding on your part or a misconception.

Peace.
True, there is a mocking of priests in my post. Having seen how Catholic as a state religion has, in Europe, left a nation of those who do not believe in heaven, hell or God. It is not hard to speculate why the founder of TOL was lost to God in that religion.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How exactly to Catholics worship Mary? What does that look like?

By the way, you are aware that ancient Israel had statues and other religious paraphernalia in their "holy" places and it was commanded to be so from God Himself, right?

With all due respect to you, that is ridiculous. Do you honestly believe that anyone in the Catholic Church has the power to prevent someone from leaving it?

They simply do not.

Anyone can leave the Church whenever they want to. As a matter of fact, some denominations are made up of a majority of ex-Catholics. I haven't looked into it personally but I have heard it said that if it were a denomination, the 2nd largest Christian denomination would be the group of ex-Catholics. Not sure if that is true or not but it doesn't seem that far-fetched to me.

I am sorry that anyone will experience hell. I suppose some Catholics may, some may not. Some Lutherans may, some may not. Some Baptists may, some may not. Some non-denom Christians may, some may not.

I would be careful about saying "many" of any group will.

That references the Catholic Church? I'm not sure I'd agree with that interpretation.

Confession is biblical. It comes from John 20.

You are confused. The Catholic Church doesn't forbid anyone from getting married. I am assuming you are referring to priestly celibacy. Anyone who is Catholic can get married if they wish. Some choose to. Some choose not to. Some deliberately choose not to and enter the priesthood. And they do that of their own free will knowing that they are choosing a celibate life. They are simply taking Paul's words seriously from 1 Corinthians 7:32-33 and elsewhere.

But nobody forbids them from choosing to get married instead.

Since you are mistaken on both points...I would say, then, that the Catholic Church is not a so-called "fake" Church.

More likely Paul is here referencing some forms of Gnosticism that taught that for anyone to marry was evil for matter itself is evil and only the spiritual is good.

Agreed. Amen.

LA

Peace.[/QUOTE]

My comments are aimed mainly at the heirachy of the RCC who lead the masses astray.

LA

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Catholic teaching is that we are all priests.

CCC 1268 The baptized have become "living stones" to be "built into a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood." By Baptism they share in the priesthood of Christ, in his prophetic and royal mission. They are "a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's own people, that [they] may declare the wonderful deeds of him who called [them] out of darkness into his marvelous light." Baptism gives a share in the common priesthood of all believers.
Okay.

Why do priests minister to priests at Mass?

I will answer your question with a question: Why did Jesus give special gifts and authorities to his apostles that he did not give to all disciples?

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

Full Question

The New Testament mentions three categories of Church leaders: bishops, presbyters, and deacons. So how can the Catholic Church justify its office of "priest"? The New Testament writers seem to understand "bishop" and "presbyter" to be synonymous terms for the same office (Acts 20:17-38).

Answer

The English word "priest" is derived from the Greek word presbuteros, which is commonly rendered into Bible English as "elder" or "presbyter." The ministry of Catholic priests is that of the presbyters mentioned in the New Testament (Acts 15:6, 23). The Bible says little about the duties of presbyters, but it does reveal they functioned in a priestly capacity.

They were ordained by the laying on of hands (1 Tm 4:14, 5:22), they preached and taught the flock (1 Tm 5:17), and they administered sacraments (Jas 5:13-15). These are the essential functions of the priestly office, so wherever the various forms of presbuteros appear--except, of course, in instances which pertain to the Jewish elders (Mt 21:23, Acts 4:23)--the word may rightly be translated as "priest" instead of "elder" or "presbyter."

Episcopos arises from two words, epi (over) and skopeo (to see), and it means literally "an overseer": We translate it as "bishop." The King James Version renders the office of overseer, episkopen, as "bishopric" (Acts 1:20). The role of the episcopos is not clearly defined in the New Testament, but by the beginning of the second century it had obtained a fixed meaning. There is early evidence of this refinement in ecclesiastical nomenclature in the writings of Ignatius of Antioch (d. A.D. 107), who wrote at length of the authority of bishops as distinct from presbyters and deacons (Epistle to the Magnesians 6:1, 13:1-2; Epistle to the Trallians 2:1-3; Epistle to the Smyrnaeans 8:1-2).

The New Testament tendency to use episcopos and presbuteros interchangeably is similar to the contemporary Protestant use of the term "minister" to denote various offices, both ordained and unordained (senior minister, music minister, youth minister). Similarly, the term diakonos is rendered both as "deacon" and as "minister" in the Bible, yet in Protestant churches the office of deacon is clearly distinguished from and subordinate to the office of minister.

In Acts 20:17-38 the same men are called presbyteroi (v. 17) and episcopoi (v. 28). Presbuteroi is used in a technical sense to identify their office of ordained leadership. Episcopoi is used in a non-technical sense to describe the type of ministry they exercised. This is how the Revised Standard Version renders the verses: "And from Miletus he [Paul] . . . called for the elders [presbuteroi]of the church. And when they came to him, he said to them . . . 'Take heed to yourselves and all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you guardians [episcopoi], to feed the church of the Lord.'"

In other passages it's clear that although men called presbuteroi ruled over individual congregations (parishes), the apostles ordained certain men, giving them authority over multiple congregations (dioceses), each with its own presbyters. These were endowed with the power to ordain additional presbyters as needed to shepherd the flock and carry on the work of the gospel. Titus and Timothy were two of those early episcopoi and clearly were above the office of presbuteros. They had the authority to select, ordain, and govern other presbyters, as is evidenced by Paul's instructions: "This is why I left you in Crete . . . that you might appoint elders in every town as I directed you" (Ti 1:5; cf. 1 Tm 5:17-22).

SOURCE: http://www.catholic.com/quickquestions/where-in-the-new-testament-are-priests-mentioned

Bard_the_Bowman

Your question: Where does the Bible teach that there is "nothing else included"? (faith alone for salvation?).

Hey Ac28, I am sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. I would like to respond to this post of yours and then I will answer the question you asked earlier.

1 Cor 15:1-4 All you need is to believe - faith. Nothing else is mentioned.

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Agreed that this verse teaches the importance of believing. But it doesn't say that that is the ONLY thing necessary. As a matter of fact there is a contingency clause right there. It says "by which ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached to you..."

That contingency clause shows that it is possible to NOT keep in memory what they should and risk losing their faith and salvation. It says you are saved IF......

This writing of Paul's ties to Jesus' words when He says "whoever endureth to the end will be saved."

Which means endurance to the end is necessary. That is something different than believing.

Eph 2:8-9 Nothing but faith - no works.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Agreed. Salvation is by God's grace through faith. But it doesn't say by faith ONLY and as a matter of fact you left off verse 10 which says: "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works

Can't say "no works in sight" here. They are part of the faith that saves. They are not optional.
,..."

Eph 1:13-14 Once you believe Paul's Gospel (above), you're sealed with the Holy Spirit and have permanent salvation.

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

The verse doesn't say that salvation is permanent. And that would contradicts the contingency clause in 1 Corinthians 15 above that said "by which ye are saved, IF...."

Act 16:30-31 Nothing but faith.
And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

And 2 verses later they were baptized. Why? For show? Baptism is just a show? Kindof superfluous and unnecessary and a waste of time really, then.

Unless.....baptism actually has an effect on the person.

John 3:16 Many have gotten saved from this verse. Here again, all you need do is believe.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Love this verse. But it doesn't say belief is all that we need. It (like the other verses you have brought up) show the necessity of having faith/believing. But it doesn't say that is all that is needed. It just doesn't say that.

Someone mentioned Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. In the Gospels, Christ was ministering ONLY to Israel - Matthew 10:5, Matthew 15:24, Romans 15:8, John 1:31. Of course, everything in the Gospels is truth and Christ's words are blessed. It's just that the Gospels weren't addressed to me or you, as Gentiles.

So then what are we to do with Christ's words?

Ignore them all if we wish?
Follow them all if we wish?
Or pick and choose which ones we like and fit with our theology and follow those, but reject the ones that we don't like and don't fit with our theology and don't follow those?

It also seems to me that you have a glaring contradiction.

If Christ was ministering ONLY to Israel, as you say. Then John 3:16 cannot apply to Gentiles. Gentiles cannot be saved by Christ's words in John 3:16. After all, Jesus was ministering ONLY to Israel and He was obviously talking to a Pharisee named Nicodemus here.

I've never met a Christian who would admit that Christians do not need to be born again. But earlier in John 3, Jesus speaks of being born again and He is again talking to the Pharisee Nicodemus. But those words do not apply to Gentiles if your logic is correct.

Do you believe Christians have to be born again or not?

If yes, why? Jesus was ministering ONLY to Israel and was speaking to a Jewish Pharisee named Nicodemus when he taught about it. How can that apply to Gentiles?

In another place, Christ said to keep the commandments to get saved - Mt 19:16-17. That's not for you or me either. Besides being for Israel, it conflicts with Eph 2:8-9, where Paul says that NO works are necessary for salvation.

Paul does not say that NO works are necessary....look at verse 10.

Also, look at Romans 2:6-7: "...who “will render to each one according to his deeds”:eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality;..."

If I use your logic here I could say: "See. No belief in sight. God gives rewards to each person based on their deeds/works/obedience. To some He will give eternal life. No faith in sight. It looks like obedience is all that is needed."

Here's another one: Hebrews 5:9:"And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him,"

There we go again. No faith in sight. No belief in sight. Obviously, all we need is obedience.

You wouldn't accept that. I don't either.

But I don't see how that logic is any less valid than the logic you are using when you quote a verse that shows the importance of belief and conclude "that's all that is needed."

I think it is important to look at all of the verses that speak to a topic and not just some of them.

You have mentioned some that speak of the importance of faith/belief. But none of them say faith/belief alone. There are other verses that speak about the importance of forgiving others (but no faith/belief). There are verses that speak about eternal life being a reward for doing good (but no faith/belief), etc. There are more.

When we do a little more digging we can find that Paul did write about faith combined with something else. You just avoided those verses:

Galatians 5:6-7: "For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but faith working through love."

What is important Paul?

"Just Faith. Period. Just Faith alone with nothing else included." Nope. That is not what he said.

He said "faith working through love." Since faith and love are not the same thing....that is faith with something else. That is not faith all by itself.

He also shows this in 1 Corinthians 13:2 where he says, "and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

Faith, without love, makes one nothing. That is what Paul says.

Now, IF what you mean by "faith alone" is what Paul is talking about here. A faith working through love. Then we can stop because I agree with you 100%. We are saved by Faith alone in that sense.

But I don't see how that can be called faith "with nothing else included" because obviously love is included.

When things obviously conflict, it's usually because one didn't rightly divide, 2 Tim 2:15.

And who can tell who is rightly dividing and who is not? How can an individual person tell if they are rightly dividing or not? Seems like a recipe for a free for all to me and every person who has their own belly button gets to decide for themselves how they want to divide or not divide. No wonder there is so much disunity in Christianity.

I am a Gentile.

Not really. Not if you are a Christian. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female.

Since Paul is the apostle to the Gentiles and Jesus Christ was a minister to Israel. I "try the things that differ" - see margin - Phil 1:10, then rightly divide the 2 verses and choose Pauls.

I don't want to offend you but I am going to be honest here....without claiming the charism of infallibility, how do you know that you or anybody else is or is not rightly dividing? Rightly dividing looks to me an awful lot like cherry-picking verses that do fit my theology (like accepting John 3:16, for example even though that was intended for Jews only) and rejecting those that don't fit my theology (like Christ's words in John 6 about eating His flesh and drinking His blood).

It must be your turn.[/QUOTE]

I will try to answer your other question tomorrow.

Peace.

Last edited:

Bard_the_Bowman

No catholic wanted to tackle this question I asked, so I repeat it here:

I have believed in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ for 30+ years. I believe that, though His death, He has paid for the sins of the world, past, present, and future. I believe Jesus Christ is God in the person of the trinity, as the Son of God. He is the creator of all.

That truly is awesome. Seriously.

I have never doubted these things.

Ok. Although, I will say that it is ok to have doubts. It is not sinful or anything.

I fell that I have total faith in these things.

This statement of yours is key.

“You feel” that you have total faith in those things. But you cannot know that for certain.

Only God can know that for certain.

How we feel about where we are at in our walk with Christ might be accurate....or it might not. We could be fooling ourselves.

You can have great confidence, but only God knows the full truth because only God knows all about a person even the depths of a person's heart that even that person doesn't know.

What you are saying is similar to what Paul said in 1 Corinthians 4:3-4: "But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by a human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself. For I know of nothing against myself, yet I am not justified by this; but He who judges me is the Lord."

Paul is saying that even though he doesn't know of anything that could be held against him, he leaves his status ultimately up to the Lord.

He doesn't even dare to declare himself to be absolutely assured of his status with the Lord.

However, if I have never been baptized and never will (I fully believe it was only for Israel) and have never taken the eucharist or the Lord's supper and never will (here again, belongs to Israel), am I saved?

Whether or not baptism and the Lord's supper are for Israel ONLY or not is an interesting question...but ultimately up for debate.

You might be right about that. But since you are not infallible (and I know you won't claim to be) you might be wrong about that.

Are you saved?

I believe the correct answer is: only God knows.

Biblically speaking, salvation is a process.

1.It has a starting point in people’s lives when they become members of the one Body of Christ. For most of us this is now a past event. (Romans 8:24, Ephesians 2:5,8)

2. it develops through our present lives. That’s why Paul can say we “work out our salvation with fear and trembling” and also “we are nearer to our salvation now than when we first believed.” (Philippians 2:12)

3. it has a future element to it. That’s why Paul says we are “nearer” to it. That is also why Jesus says we must “endure to the end”. (Romans 13:11, Matthew 10:22)

Are you saved? Is anyone saved in their present condition and walk through life?

Only God knows the heart of a person, the life of a person, the trials of a person, the responsibility of a person, the culpability of a person, etc.

We can have confidence.

But only God knows for sure.

Peace.

Ac28

I know you're sincere but you are almost too good at putting words in other people's mouths. Nothing you said applies to me. The last person I would listen to about anything Biblical would be a Catholic. There is zero doubt that I am permanently saved by my having faith in the Word of God. Heb 1:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Faith is a substance, something real.

You made that long post without saying what, besides faith, is required for salvation. Essentially, you said nothing concrete. Perhaps you could answer that with specifics about what is required for salvation and not more generalities.

Last edited:

Bard_the_Bowman

I know you're sincere but you are almost too good at putting words in other people's mouths.

Hey Ac28,

I am sincere. And I want to know the Truth. I apologize if I said you said something that you didn't. I didn't mean to. Could you give me an example of where I did that?

Nothing you said applies to me.

I disagree. You said that Jesus' words are meant only for the Jews and then you quoted John 3:16 as a great verse for Gentiles to be saved by.

I am just wondering how that can be.

That seems to me to be inconsistent and contradictory.

I was just trying to have a conversation, man.

The last person I would listen to about anything Biblical would be a Catholic.

Then I wish you well and there is no need to discuss anything further.

Just so you know, leaving a conversation as you are really just makes it look like your position is indefensible or not true. If it were true....it should be defended to the hilt.

There is zero doubt that I am permanently saved by my having faith in the Word of God. Heb 1:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Faith is a substance, something real.

Ok. And God bless you.

You made that long post without saying what, besides faith, is required for salvation. Essentially, you said nothing concrete. Perhaps you could answer that with specifics about what is required for salvation and not more generalities.

I disagree. Clearly love is required and I made that point through Paul.

Do you think you can obtain heaven without loving God or neighbor? We don't even need to love God? Really?

I don't know if it is worth continuing this conversation because you have already stated that you won't listen.

If you do wish to continue...I would like you to respond to some of the contradictions that I pointed out in my post to you.

Like how can John 3:16 apply to Gentiles if your theology is correct about Jesus ministering ONLY to Israel?

I wish you Peace.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
In another place, Christ said to keep the commandments to get saved - Mt 19:16-17.

Matthew 19:17 So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God. But if you want to enter into life, keep the commandments.”​

The young man asked which commandments.

Jesus listed some of the covenant commandments.

Paul taught essentially the same thing: "knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous person, but for the lawless and insubordinate, for the ungodly and for sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, for fornicators, for sodomites, for kidnappers, for liars, for perjurers, and if there is any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine."

masmpg

If not, then why not?

(Do not other churches have their little popes?)

If one compares the catechism of catholic doctrine (the catholic handbook) to God's holy word the KJV bible (the Christian handbook) you will find that the doctrines that the catholic clergy teach and promote are far from Christian.

I believe that God has children in every denomination who are living up to all the truth that has been given to them, but there comes a time when we must follow God and not any man made traditions. If we are ignorantly following any denomination and we find that the denomination is in error we must follow the bible and not try to change God's word to fit any denomination. We are only accountable for what we know. God does not judge anybody for what they do not know. We are told in Acts:17:30: "And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:"

Ac28

Bard the Bowman,

I didn't say that John 3:16 was a great verse to get saved from. I said that a lot of people have gotten saved from John 3:16. John 3:16 was John's words, not Christ's. John was probably one of the latter books written. Many say after the end of Acts or even later. Therefore, well after Christ's death where the saving grace of the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ was well known. John is different than the other Gospels, in that its purpose is John 20:31, "But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.". Anything that Christ said concerning salvation is pretty much null and void for us Gentiles. Why? Because it was written to Israel and because, since He had not yet died, His Gospel had nothing to do with His death, burial, and resurrection, which things are crucial to the saving Gospel given us by Paul.

I once spent 2 years on a forum dominated by 2 extremely well educated Catholics. There were about 30 or 40 protestants against 2 Catholics. Every protestant knew that everything that came out of the 2 Catholics mouths were lies but none were successful in stifling this foolishness. The Catholic church has had about 1800 years to perfect the patter that makes totally non-Biblical concepts SEEM Biblical. An example is Matthew 16:18-19, the passage about Peter and the keys to the kingdom. From this came the lies about Peter going to Rome and being the first pope. Every protestant bible believer on the planet knows this is all hogwash, but a Catholic can make it all SEEM truthful, at least to the ignorant that make up about 99% of the Catholic church laity.

Last edited:

Bard_the_Bowman

Bard the Bowman,

I didn't say that John 3:16 was a great verse to get saved from.

I don't think I said that either. And I don't think that I said that that is what you said either.

I said that a lot of people have gotten saved from John 3:16. John 3:16 was John's words, not Christ's.

I stand corrected. John 3:16 is not Christ's words...but John's. You are right.

But I am now a little confused. Are you saying that when we read the Gospel of John, the words of John apply to Gentiles but the words of Christ that he writes about are not?

Which makes me wonder....in John 3 Jesus says that a man must be born again. Does that apply to Gentiles or not? Do Gentile Christians need to be born again? What do you think?

John was probably one of the latter books written. Many say after the end of Acts or even later. Therefore, well after Christ's death where the saving grace of the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ was well known. John is different than the other Gospels, in that its purpose is John 20:31, "But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.".

Agreed.

Anything that Christ said concerning salvation is pretty much null and void for us Gentiles.

Besides being vague ("pretty much" null and void?? What does that mean anyway??) that statement is not found in Scripture. That statement is some fallible man's interpretation of the Scriptures. It is a man-made tradition and should be rejected.

I'm not sure what to say here but to suggest that God in the flesh, Jesus Christ, who came to offer salvation to all men....to say His word's are "null and void" for us.....man, I just ain't gonna buy that.

The Bible doesn't say that. I ain't no way gonna buy that.

Unless, of course, you can provide some kind of strong biblical support for that idea. Something a little more than somebody's fallible interpretation would be good.

Why? Because it was written to Israel

How do you know this? I agree that John's Gospel is Jewish in nature....but how do you know it wasn't written for Jewish Christians as well?

and because, since He had not yet died, His Gospel had nothing to do with His death, burial, and resurrection, which things are crucial to the saving Gospel given us by Paul.

Not true. Multiple times Jesus taught His disciples about His upcoming death, burial, and resurrection. See Mark 8:31+ and Luke 18:31+, for example.

I once spent 2 years on a forum dominated by 2 extremely well educated Catholics. There were about 30 or 40 protestants against 2 Catholics.

Ok. But this is irrelevant to our conversation. And I honestly do not think of this as a one person "against" another. I think of conversations as opportunities to learn from each other. The whole "iron sharpens iron thing".

Every protestant knew that everything that came out of the 2 Catholics mouths were lies but none were successful in stifling this foolishness.

Ok. But irrelevant unless you are accusing me of lying.

The Catholic church has had about 1800 years to perfect the patter that makes totally non-Biblical concepts SEEM Biblical.

It could be said that Protestants have had about 500 years to do the same.

An example is Matthew 16:18-19, the passage about Peter and the keys to the kingdom. From this came the lies about Peter going to Rome and being the first pope.

Off topic. And the lies could be that Peter didn't go to Rome and wasn't the first pope.

Every protestant bible believer on the planet knows this is all hogwash,

Just "knows" it, huh? That is called pseudo-knowledge...unless you can prove it.

but a Catholic can make it all SEEM truthful

And a Protestant can make things SEEM truthful too. Like the idea that Jesus' words are null and void for Gentiles.

That can SEEM truthful, too.

But is it TRUE?

Shoot, I bet the vast majority of non-Catholic Christians don't even believe that.

at least to the ignorant that make up about 99% of the Catholic church laity.

That, my friend, is an ignorant statement.

You have avoided many of my questions to you.

How about answering just one.

Does a Gentile Christian need to be born again?

Expound if you wish but I'll accept a simple 'yes' or 'no'.

Peace.

keypurr

If not, then why not?

(Do not other churches have their little popes?)

If one compares the catechism of catholic doctrine (the catholic handbook) to God's holy word the KJV bible (the Christian handbook) you will find that the doctrines that the catholic clergy teach and promote are far from Christian.

I believe that God has children in every denomination who are living up to all the truth that has been given to them, but there comes a time when we must follow God and not any man made traditions. If we are ignorantly following any denomination and we find that the denomination is in error we must follow the bible and not try to change God's word to fit any denomination. We are only accountable for what we know. God does not judge anybody for what they do not know. We are told in Acts:17:30: "And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:"

Welcome to TOL, I agree with you. The true church is not a denomination. We are the temple.

Most might not fully understand that.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
By the way——-for Lazy Boy # post 172——

Every time the anti Catholics get their anger up, in these forum, this appears—————:worship of Mary thing, boring but go ahead…..

We do not worship Mary,——— as the Mother of Christ, we have a deep veneration for her and Her status.

Ave Maria, Gratia Plena.

Man, are these morons back on the Mary-worship crap? That nonsense has been debunked so many times that only an imbecile would keep regurgitating it. There's a lot of those here.

By the way, great name: Pax Vobiscum. Et cṻm Spiritu tuo.

Many Catholics do not want to be referred to as a Christian. They want to be called Catholics.........

How many Catholics do you discuss their faith with regularly.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Many Catholics do not want to be referred to as a Christian. They want to be called Catholics.

Did you make that up, or did you make that up :idunno:

:chuckle:

A Catholic may enunciate, stating their church. Most Christians do this, it is not out of preferring to be called something other than 'Christian'.

Those Messianic Jews, however.. :think: