• Yes

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 80.0%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

glorydaz

Yes it is folly to think one can not fall away from the faith, a clear disregard for what God has said.

Babies are not concerned about it because they are kept in their mothers watchful care,

but when believers become older they know the power of life is in their hands and the devil will pull out everything he has to try and destroy them, including using the mouths of the young lions.

LA

Nonsense. "The power of life is in their hands..." Blasphemy!

Those who are saved continue....NO DOUBT about it.

1 John 2:19KJV They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.​

God's Truth

What do you think?

What about God not playing favoritism do people not understand?

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.

Epoisses

No, He was talking about seeds sown....that's the word being preached to various kinds of people. You're assuming those various kinds of people were believers.

I will admit that it is very subjective. Did they really believe in the first place or were they truly born again? No one knows but God. The true sheep of God are led thru every trial and tribulation without falling away.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I will admit that it is very subjective. Did they really believe in the first place or were they truly born again? No one knows but God. The true sheep of God are led thru every trial and tribulation without falling away.

Baloney! You are either saved, or not and know it.

Epoisses

Baloney! You are either saved, or not and know it.
So saved people get a free pass and have no trials and temptations? You live in a fantasy religion of gumdrops and rainbows. I'm a saved person and I went thru trials and tribulations from hell!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
So saved people get a free pass and have no trials and temptations? You live in a fantasy religion of gumdrops and rainbows. I'm a saved person and I went thru trials and tribulations from hell!

No, no. This is your big mistake. one must be pure in heart and totally within Christ. How the heck do you, and many others, imagine, one might be true in Christ and then lead a life of sin? How can you be so obtuse?

Epoisses

No, no. This is your big mistake. one must be pure in heart and totally within Christ. How the heck do you, and many others, imagine, one might be true in Christ and then lead a life of sin? How can you be so obtuse?

The first step on the path of righteousness is realizing that you are a sinner and impure of heart. You haven't even begun yet, young padawan!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The first step on the path of righteousness is realizing that you are a sinner and impure of heart. You haven't even begun yet, young padawan!

Do not refer your statements to me directly like this, as you do not know me. Those who do know me know I have went though all that years ago and now am guided by the Holy spirit, full of Grace.

What you are talking about is past tense, not a present state. salvation comes last, after all tribulations.

Epoisses

Do not refer your statements to me directly like this, as you do not know me. Those who do know me know I have went though all that years ago and now am guided by the Holy spirit, full of Grace.

What you are talking about is past tense, not a present state. salvation comes last, after all tribulations.

That's what I just said, lol. The trials and tribulations come first. Not everyone makes it thru. I know this from personal experience from brothers and sisters who are atheists and homosexuals today.

Jerry Shugart

Can a person loose their salvation?

The Apostle John tells Christians that they already possess eternal life (1 Jn.5:11) and the Lord Jesus says that those to whom He gives eternal life shall never perish (Jn.10:28). This sums it all up:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"
(Jn.3:16).​

Simple as can be!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Why would you call me a 'young padawang' for anyway? Are you a little nuts? You have to be a bit goofy calling me something that silly. I will bet you are the silly young one here.

Epoisses

Why would you call me a 'young padawang' for anyway? Are you a little nuts? You have to be a bit goofy calling me something that silly. I will bet you are the silly young one here.

You're naïve and believe in happy endings when the reality is that Johnnie and Susie are going to hell because they were goats instead of sheep!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
The Apostle John tells Christians that they already possess eternal life (1 Jn.5:11) and the Lord Jesus says that those to whom He gives eternal life shall never perish (Jn.10:28). This sums it all up:

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life"
(Jn.3:16).​

Simple as can be!

It is not that simple, unless you believe those who do not believe just dies out and there is now hell for unbelievers. Do you think those who deny God just die off, or do they suffer in eternity?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
That's what I just said, lol. The trials and tribulations come first. Not everyone makes it thru. I know this from personal experience from brothers and sisters who are atheists and homosexuals today.

You are nuts. Not one for serious dialogue huh?

What the heck does suzie and Johnny have to do with anything? No one is discussing atheists and homosexuals here.

glorydaz

I voted "yes" - but would qualify that I am speaking of the promise of salvation that we receive in this life. In this life we receive the Holy Spirit, who is a seal with which we are marked for the day of redemption (Ephesians 1:13; 4:30).

I think it is technically incorrect to speak of salvation in this life - for salvation is not realized until the day of redemption.

Christ made it clear that it is insufficient to simply hear the gospel, that you need to act on his teachings to be saved. James clarified this even further, declaring faith dead which is not accompanied by works. Paul tells us that eternal life is the reward for good works, and that we must persevere if we are to receive the prize at the end of the race.

Now, if we are speaking of salvation after the day of redemption, I would tend towards saying "no" we can't lose salvation: we and the world will be reborn; perfect. But, scripture doesn't give any absolutes on this. Indeed - Adam was once perfect, and so were the fallen angels. However, there is a fundamental difference this time: those who are made perfect are those who in this life persevered to do what is right and good, to follow God.

You said, "What we have now is a promise of salvation - contingent upon our own actions." So your trust is in yourself and not in the Lord Jesus Christ. That actually denies that salvation is a gift...not of ourselves. How do you explain that?

The only thing I'm waiting for is the redemption of my body. Romans 8:23KJV

csuguy

You said, "What we have now is a promise of salvation - contingent upon our own actions." So your trust is in yourself and not in the Lord Jesus Christ. That actually denies that salvation is a gift...not of ourselves. How do you explain that?

The only thing I'm waiting for is the redemption of my body. Romans 8:23KJV

That there are requirements placed on us for salvation does not negate Christ's sacrifice. What we do does not redeem us back to God, or earn forgiveness. However, as testified by scripture, the reward for good deeds is eternal life. It is through Christ that we have the ability to be redeemed - but this redemption is only realized for those who follow Christ's teachings and give their lives to God. As Christ taught - only by losing your life will you save it.

God has planted in us the Word via the Gospel of Christ. However, whether the Word prospers or dies in us depends upon whether we choose to persevere or else be torn away by sin and worldly concerns. Luke 8:1-15