Can a Jew be saved without believing the Trinity?

TrevorL

Greetings again johnw,
Translation: IMO, assert, pound the podium, return to "Here is what I think humanism" echo chamber
Poor Trevor-2 Cor. 4:4 KJV
Now, take your hand, press to your heart, and listen. Hear it? That's the drum cadence, counting off, one beat at a time, the cadence to your funeral march, when you will meet the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ(Titus 2:13 KJV),an angry "man of war"(Exodus 15:3 KJV), the same LORD God that met Moses, and you will bow down, bend your knee, and confess, that he is Lord, God, in the flesh(Isaiah 45 KJV ff, Philippians 2:10 KJV).You will have no choice, and it will be too late for you. Get saved-now(Romans 13:11 KJV.)
You have added some bluff and bluster and a very abbreviated view of this subject without much substance. When I bow to Jesus as both my Lord and Master, and as the representative of Yahweh, God the Father, it is to the glory of God the Father Philippians 2:10-11.

Kind regards
Trevor

john w

Hall of Fame
Greetings again johnw,You have added some bluff and bluster and a very abbreviated view of this subject without much substance. When I bow to Jesus as both my Lord and Master, and as the representative of Yahweh, God the Father, it is to the glory of God the Father Philippians 2:10-11.

Kind regards
Trevor

No, I gave you chapter, verse, deceiver, in which to soak your Christ rejecting scare crow brain,as have others, and all we get from you is humanism, evasion of verses given you, sophistry, and Oprah IMO.

And no, when you bow to this "Jesus," you might as well be bowing to Sponge Bob, or The Gringe,for that fake "Jesus " of yours, if he is not God, is an impotent like you, in no position to save anyone.

And stuff your bluff/bluster sound byte, humanist, and insincere "Kind Regards," as we are on to your deception.

And get saved.

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I can think about two things. One, the words I am. I am not sure what to think about them. The other is Creator. Was Jesus present when God created? I hope that this is helpful. Shalom. Jacob

The bible states that He wasn't merely present at the creation but that He was the One doing the creating!!!

John 1:3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

Danoh

There is nothing to interpret. The context is Jesus had risen from the dead, and Thomas was doubting it was Jesus risen. Our Lord told him to feel the sword cut in his side, and the nail holes in his hands.

If you saw Jesus standing before you, after watching Him be crucified on the cross, would you have enough faith to address Him as your Lord and God, or would you stutter and stammer and claim He was merely the Son of God? Some sort of a lesser God perhaps?

Why didn't Thomas hesitate as you do?

:thumb:

Rom. 5:6-8.

TrevorL

Greetings again john w,
No, I gave you chapter, verse, deceiver, in which to soak your Christ rejecting scare crow brain,as have others, and all we get from you is humanism, evasion of verses given you, sophistry, and Oprah IMO.
And no, when you bow to this "Jesus," you might as well be bowing to Sponge Bob, or The Gringe,for that fake "Jesus " of yours, if he is not God, is an impotent like you, in no position to save anyone.
And stuff your bluff/bluster sound byte, humanist, and insincere "Kind Regards," as we are on to your deception.
And get saved.
I did respond to your quote of Philippians 2:10 which you coupled with Isaiah 45. I am not sure if you have carefully considered the detail. I did not respond to every verse that you quoted – for example what relevance has Exodus 15:3 with this discussion? Actually the Song of Moses is one of my favourite Scripture, and I also use this in my exposition of the Yahweh Name, but I will leave this as you have a different agenda. The rest of your post above seems to be a bit abusive. I would like you to define or explain why you use the term or label “humanism” in this Post and in the previous Post #200, and how are you different? Is your reasoning superior?

Kind regards
Trevor

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The bible states that He wasn't merely present at the creation but that He was the One doing the creating!!!

John 1:3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.
I see that way of interpreting this verse.

TrevorL

Greetings again glorydaz ,
According to that theory, Jesus is not a man, either. :chuckle:
You are obscuring terms. No, Jesus was a man, the Son of God. He was not mediating his own salvation, but directly approached God in prayer and in his sacrifice. He is the mediator between God and man, not a mediator between God and himself. To achieve this, he first suffered and was crucified, and died and was resurrected because his sacrifice was accepted by God, not only for himself, but for the rest of mankind. He is the captain of our salvation, a representative, not a substitute.

Kind regards
Trevor

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
I see that way of interpreting this verse.

How is that an interpretation? It's just simply reading it.

It's not an insinuation nor is it speaking unclearly. The passage flatly states outright that the same Logos (or "The Word") that created all things in verse 3 became flesh in verse 14.

Taking it to mean anything else would be an "interpretation". What else could it mean other than that the Creator became flesh, anyway?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber

If TL was being honest, this brilliant single sentence would stop him dead in his tracks.

I'm no longer reading any of his posts that aren't quoted in other people's responses but I'd wager that it won't phase him in the slightest. When his own logic defeats his position, instead of dropping the argument, he'll dig in and cling to his positon even more tightly than before. It is the opposite of reason, the opposite of seeking after the truth, the opposite of honesty and the opposite of piety. He loves his doctrine, not the truth.

John 1: 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

john w

Hall of Fame
Greetings again john w, I did respond to your quote of Philippians 2:10 which you coupled with Isaiah 45. I am not sure if you have carefully considered the detail. I did not respond to every verse that you quoted – for example what relevance has Exodus 15:3 with this discussion? Actually the Song of Moses is one of my favourite Scripture, and I also use this in my exposition of the Yahweh Name, but I will leave this as you have a different agenda. The rest of your post above seems to be a bit abusive. I would like you to define or explain why you use the term or label “humanism” in this Post and in the previous Post #200, and how are you different? Is your reasoning superior?

Kind regards
Trevor
No, you blew off my argument, with crafty dismissals of scriptures, changing the subject, spin, deceit, sophistry, humanism-that is your MO on TOL. Take your seat.

And get saved.

john w

Hall of Fame
If TL was being honest, this brilliant single sentence would stop him dead in his tracks.

I'm no longer reading any of his posts that aren't quoted in other people's responses but I'd wager that it won't phase him in the slightest. When his own logic defeats his position, instead of dropping the argument, he'll dig in and cling to his positon even more tightly than before. It is the opposite of reason, the opposite of seeking after the truth, the opposite of honesty and the opposite of piety. He loves his doctrine, not the truth.

John 1: 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.

Agreed, as his presuppositions determine what the book should say; if it does not, he spins it, and employs humanism, sophistry.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Greetings again
Glorydaz

A mediator must be able to represent both parties. "Now a mediator is not a mediator of one,"

Thus Jesus had to be both man and God, as Paul makes clear.

Galatians 3:20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;​

Now, go back to school young man. You haven't graduated yet.

Greetings again glorydaz, To be a mediator between two parties, the mediator CANNOT be one of the parties, and therefore Jesus is not God. The following teaches that Jesus as High Priest, and hence the mediator between the two parties, is a man, the Son of God. He can thus mediate between God and man. Possibly you went to the wrong school.

Hebrews 5:1–9 (KJV): 1 For every high priest taken from among men is ordained for men in things pertaining to God, that he may offer both gifts and sacrifices for sins: 2 Who can have compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way; for that he himself also is compassed with infirmity. 3 And by reason hereof he ought, as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins. 4 And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron. 5 So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee. 6 As he saith also in another place, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. 7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared; 8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; 9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

You are obscuring terms.

What terms is she obscuring?

How is she obscuring terms?

No, Jesus was a man, the Son of God. He was not mediating his own salvation,

If Jesus was JUST a man, then He could not ransom His life for anyone at all, let alone Himself.

None of them can by any means redeem his brother, Nor give to God a ransom for him—For the redemption of their souls is costly, And it shall cease forever—That he should continue to live eternally, And not see the Pit. . . . But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave, For He shall receive me. Selah - Psalm 49:7-9,15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm49:7-9,15&version=NKJV

Notice how it says that GOD will redeem David's soul. Not any man.

GOD is the one doing the redeeming, not a man.

but directly approached God in prayer and in his sacrifice. He is the mediator between God and man,

You said:

To be a mediator between two parties, the mediator CANNOT be one of the parties, and therefore Jesus is not God.

Since God is one party, and man is another party, and since "no man can by any means redeem his brother," therefore Jesus can neither be man nor God, as if He were a man, he would be one of the parties involved, and if He were God, then He would ALSO be one of the parties involved.

Therefore, EITHER:

A) Jesus is some kind of being not mentioned in Scripture

OR

B) Jesus was a man and King David was wrong

OR

C) You're premise is wrong

And since the first would be an argument from silence, and the second is not possible (as it would mean that scripture contains an untruth), that leaves us with your premise being wrong.

What GD said above was true.

A mediator must be able to represent both parties. "Now a mediator is not a mediator of one,"

Thus Jesus had to be both man and God, as Paul makes clear.

Galatians 3:20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Mediator:

a person who attempts to make people involved in a conflict come to an agreement; a go-between.

not a mediator between God and himself.

Red herring and straw man.

No one has argued this.

To achieve this, he first suffered and was crucified,

Why was He crucified?

He was innocent.

Not only that, but Pilate could not find anything wrong with Jesus.

and died and was resurrected because his sacrifice was accepted by God,

Trevor: Jesus was resurrected by God because He accepted Jesus' sacrifice. :)vomit:)

VS.

God (through King David):
None of them can by any means redeem his brother, Nor give to God a ransom for him—For the redemption of their souls is costly, And it shall cease forever—That he should continue to live eternally, And not see the Pit. . . . But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave, For He shall receive me. Selah - Psalm 49:7-9,15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm49:7-9,15&version=NKJV

God (through John the Beloved):
Now the Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.And He found in the temple those who sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the money changers doing business.When He had made a whip of cords, He drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen, and poured out the changers’ money and overturned the tables.And He said to those who sold doves, [JESUS]“Take these things away! Do not make My Father’s house a house of merchandise!”[/JESUS]Then His disciples remembered that it was written, “Zeal for Your house has eaten Me up.”So the Jews answered and said to Him, “What sign do You show to us, since You do these things?”Jesus answered and said to them, [JESUS]“Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”[/JESUS]Then the Jews said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?”But He was speaking of the temple of His body.Therefore, when He had risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this to them; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had said. - John 2:13-22 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John2:13-22&version=NKJV

God (through the Apostle Paul):
And God both raised up the Lord and will also raise us up by His power. - 1 Corinthians 6:14 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1Corinthians6:14&version=NKJV

that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places,far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come. - Ephesians 1:17-21 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ephesians1:17-21&version=NKJV

Sorry, Trevor, I'm going to go with God on this one, and not you.

Jesus Himself, referring to His OWN BODY, said that if it were destroyed, HE HIMSELF would raise it up again.

So:

Either Jesus was LYING THROUGH HIS TEETH, or He was a lunatic...

OR

He Himself, being a man, was ALSO God.

not only for himself, but for the rest of mankind.

:think:

↓↓↓↓:readthis:↓↓↓↓

↑↑↑↑:readthis:↑↑↑↑

He is the captain of our salvation, a representative, not a substitute.

Kind regards
Trevor

"Kinsman redeemer"

clefty

Moses was a law mediator of the covenant of the house of Israel, was a man, an Israelite by birth; but scripture testifies that he was "the man of God"(like the angel of the Lord):

Deuteronomy 33:1 KJV

And this is the blessing, wherewith Moses the man of God blessed the children of Israel before his death.

Joshua 14:6 KJV

Then the children of Judah came unto Joshua in Gilgal: and Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenezite said unto him, Thou knowest the thing that the Lord said unto Moses the man of God concerning me and thee in Kadesh-barnea.

Judges 13:6 KJV

Then the woman came and told her husband, saying, A man of God came unto me, and his countenance was like the countenance of an angel of God, very terrible: but I asked him not whence he was, neither told he me his name:

Ezra 3:2 KJV

Then stood up Jeshua the son of Jozadak, and his brethren the priests, and Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, and his brethren, and builded the altar of the God of Israel, to offer burnt offerings thereon, as it is written in the law of Moses the man of God.

Psalm 90:1 KJV

[ Psalm 90 ] [ A Prayer of Moses the man of God. ] Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.

Thus, a mediator, the man of God, and a man of Israel; thus, he constituted a mediator between both God, and man. Thus, he being a figure, a "type," of the Lord Jesus Christ....Deuteronomy 18:15 KJV.

1 Samuel 2:25 KJV

25 If one man sin against another, the judge shall judge him: but if a man sin against the Lord, who shall intreat for him? Notwithstanding they hearkened not unto the voice of their father, because the Lord would slay them.

The divine answer, is that the mediator would not be just God, not just man-He would be both, and the mediator, would be mediator between God, and men.

Thus, Hebrews 10:5 KJV:

5 Wherefore when he(the mediator-my note) cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body (humanity-my note)hast thou prepared me:

Paul comes to mind...He was both jew and roman citizen...thus saved himself some time appealing to rome...However appealing to rome can not save you...HA

What is lost in this discussion is that once saved a jew no longer is a Jew...and neither is a greek/gentile a greek or gentile...

Thus Paul was sensitive to this issue...there are not two ways into heaven nor is the kingdom an apartheid state

Last edited:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
How is that an interpretation? It's just simply reading it.

It's not an insinuation nor is it speaking unclearly. The passage flatly states outright that the same Logos (or "The Word") that created all things in verse 3 became flesh in verse 14.

Taking it to mean anything else would be an "interpretation". What else could it mean other than that the Creator became flesh, anyway?
It is just reading it.

glorydaz

Greetings again glorydaz ,You are obscuring terms. No, Jesus was a man, the Son of God. He was not mediating his own salvation, but directly approached God in prayer and in his sacrifice. He is the mediator between God and man, not a mediator between God and himself. To achieve this, he first suffered and was crucified, and died and was resurrected because his sacrifice was accepted by God, not only for himself, but for the rest of mankind. He is the captain of our salvation, a representative, not a substitute.

Kind regards
Trevor

My goodness. Is there no depth to which you will not stoop to deny your Lord and Saviour?

You're wrong, of course.
A mediator, by definition, is a middle man. He must equally represent both sides.

You shouldn't make stuff up just because you think it sounds good.

Ezekiel 14:20 Though Noah, Daniel, and Job were in it, as I live, saith the Lord God, they shall deliver neither son nor daughter; they shall but deliver their own souls by their righteousness.

We see the same principle here....NO MAN could be found worthy. Our Lord had to come HIMSELF.

Revelation 5:3-5
3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon. 4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. 5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.​

john w

Hall of Fame
My goodness. Is there no depth to which you will not stoop to deny your Lord and Saviour?

You're wrong, of course.
A mediator, by definition, is a middle man. He must equally represent both sides.

You shouldn't make stuff up just because you think it sounds good.

Ezekiel 14:20 Though Noah, Daniel, and Job were in it, as I live, saith the Lord God, they shall deliver neither son nor daughter; they shall but deliver their own souls by their righteousness.

We see the same principle here....NO MAN could be found worthy. Our Lord had to come HIMSELF.

Revelation 5:3-5
3 And no man in heaven, nor in earth, neither under the earth, was able to open the book, neither to look thereon. 4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon. 5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.​

Post #54:
http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?131175-The-Gospel-Proper/page4

TrevorL

Greetings again JudgeRightly and glorydaz,
What terms is she obscuring? How is she obscuring terms?
I was not altogether clear, but by using the logic that Jesus could thus not be a man, ignores the fact that Jesus is mediating between the One God, the Father, and all mankind. This does not exclude the fact that Jesus is a man, but in his role as a mediator, he is not mediating on his own behalf. As far as himself is concerned he was asking for his own salvation from death Psalm 21:4, Hebrews 5:7.
If Jesus was JUST a man, then He could not ransom His life for anyone at all, let alone Himself.
Jesus is not JUST a man, he is a unique man, The Son of God, specially raised up by God to be the Saviour of mankind. God is saving mankind through His Son, His Servant, the Lord Jesus Christ, our Saviour. Due to time constraints I will not respond to the rest of your post at the moment. Perhaps I will respond to a few parts tomorrow.
You're wrong, of course.
See above.

Kind regards
Trevor

glorydaz

john w

Hall of Fame
Yes, I thought of bringing up the kinsman redeemer, and referring to your post, but I figured it would be way over his head. I'm not even sure I can follow all of that. I need it broken down in simpler terms...even though I've seen it talked about on here before. Maybe you can start a thread with a dumbed down version (If you know what I mean). :)

You're not dumb, "Jenny!" "Forest" John