Can a Jew be saved without believing the Trinity?

glorydaz

I do not know what your argument is. I am not ignoring it. I am not even seeing it. What argument are you referring to? What is your argument? What do you want me to attend to? Are you okay with debating an argument or do you just want me to acknowledge what you have said? I am interacting with you. Don't fault me for that.

Read what Clete said again. Read it over a few times, and then tell us what you see.

glorydaz

Greetings again Clete, I am glad that you reject the “official” Trinitarian view here. It helps us to understand the popular verse which focuses on the suffering of Jesus and his humanity:
John 3:14-16 (KJV): 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: 15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. 16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. Peter did not preach the Trinity on the Day of Pentecost:
Acts 2:22 (KJV): Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
Peter teaches that Jesus was a man, and thus not God, and he attributes the source of the miracles to God, not Jesus.

Kind regards
Trevor

Are you claiming that Peter didn't know that Jesus was Emmanuel (God with us), that He was God and the Creator from the beginning? John 1:1-3 Clearly John knew, but you claim Peter didn't?

john w

Hall of Fame
Peter teaches that Jesus was a man, and thus not God, and he attributes the source of the miracles to God, not Jesus.
Trevor

False dichotomy. "a man approved of God among you”: The Holy Spirit, very careful in His choice of words, was emphasizing that Peters' preaching did not begin with the divine Lord Jesus Christ, but with his human nature,part of the requirement to be qualified as "The Kinsman Redeemer," and the Mediator-he must be a man.

Hence, Paul makes the same point:

1 Timothy 2:5 KJV For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

john w

Hall of Fame
My post is what I see.

Other than that I see my argument for the pre existence of Jesus.

Psalm 2:12 KJV Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

glorydaz

So let's take this one step at a time then...

You accept that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God.

When was Jesus begotten?

About 2000 years ago.

Right answer.

So then who existed before John the Baptist and Abraham?

John 1:14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

15 John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.’

16 And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace. 17 For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

John 8:56 Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.”

57 Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?”

58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”​

Don't you see that there is no contradiction between the two ideas? There was no "Jesus", per se, prior to Him being conceived in Mary's womb but Jesus wasn't just a human being. The Bible flatly states that He existed, not only before John the Baptist and Abraham but "in the beginning" and that He is the Creator of all things! Who is the Creator other than God Himself?

Not only that, but Jesus calls Himself things like the "Lord of the Sabbath". He took the name of God for Himself, repeatedly accepted worship from others and repeatedly forgave sins. Not to mention the performance of countless miracles, up to and including raising people from the dead! In addition to that, in John chapter 10, He bluntly states that no one was taking His life from Him but that He, by His own power, was laying down His own life and that He, by His own power, would take it up again. (John 10:18)

So in John 10 we're told that Jesus rises Himself from the dead and then in Romans 10 we're taught to believe that "God raised Him from the dead".

There can be no other conclusion! Jesus is either God Himself or the bible is false - period. The bible CLEARLY teaches that Jesus is God. Any denial of this truth means either that you haven't read the bible or that you're openly defying it's clear teaching.

Resting in Him,
Clete

My post is what I see.

Other than that I see my argument for the pre existence of Jesus.

I've taken the liberty of highlighting a couple of things from Clete's post that I hope will help you. But read the whole thing.

Read from the top. Read it all really slow. I often have to read things slowly, and even have to read them more than once before I understand what is being said. Just try that before you move on.

Read the entire thing. All of it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I've taken the liberty of highlighting a couple of things from Clete's post that I hope will help you. But read the whole thing.

Read from the top. Read it all really slow. I often have to read things slowly, and even have to read them more than once before I understand what is being said. Just try that before you move on.

Read the entire thing. All of it.
What am I supposed to say?

john w

Hall of Fame
Judges 13 KJV

3 And the angel of the Lord appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son. 4 Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing: 5 for, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; and no razor shall come on his head: for the child shall be a Nazarite unto God from the womb: and he shall begin to deliver Israel out of the hand of the Philistines.....6 Then the woman came and told her husband, saying, A man of God came unto me, and his countenance was like the countenance of an angel of God, very terrible: but I asked him not whence he was, neither told he me his name:

Judges 13 KJV

20 For it came to pass, when the flame went up toward heaven from off the altar, that the angel of the Lord ascended in the flame of the altar. And Manoah and his wife looked on it, and fell on their faces to the ground.

21 But the angel of the Lord did no more appear to Manoah and to his wife. Then Manoah knew that he was an angel of the Lord.

22 And Manoah said unto his wife, We shall surely die, because we have seen God.

"man....God..." Connect the dots....Mediator must be a man...Redeemer must be a near kinsman....

Leviticus KJV
25 If thy brother be waxen poor, and hath sold away some of his possession, and if any of his kin come to redeem it, then shall he redeem that which his brother sold.

Details, in a book of details...,,,

glorydaz

What am I supposed to say?

One would hope you would see, just as doubting Thomas did, and say, "My Lord and my God."

But you can't say it, because you do not yet see it.

I will be praying the Lord will open you eyes, and John 1:1-3 will be like the sunlight coming out on a cloudy day.

Remember, God is Light.
1 John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.​

And Jesus is the True Light. How sad when He came into the world....so many KNEW HIM NOT. :(

John 1:9-10 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Judges 13 KJV

3 And the angel of the Lord appeared unto the woman, and said unto her, Behold now, thou art barren, and bearest not: but thou shalt conceive, and bear a son. 4 Now therefore beware, I pray thee, and drink not wine nor strong drink, and eat not any unclean thing: 5 for, lo, thou shalt conceive, and bear a son; and no razor shall come on his head: for the child shall be a Nazarite unto God from the womb: and he shall begin to deliver Israel out of the hand of the Philistines.....6 Then the woman came and told her husband, saying, A man of God came unto me, and his countenance was like the countenance of an angel of God, very terrible: but I asked him not whence he was, neither told he me his name:

Judges 13 KJV

20 For it came to pass, when the flame went up toward heaven from off the altar, that the angel of the Lord ascended in the flame of the altar. And Manoah and his wife looked on it, and fell on their faces to the ground.

21 But the angel of the Lord did no more appear to Manoah and to his wife. Then Manoah knew that he was an angel of the Lord.

22 And Manoah said unto his wife, We shall surely die, because we have seen God.

"man....God..." Connect the dots....Mediator must be a man...Redeemer must be a near kinsman....

Leviticus KJV
25 If thy brother be waxen poor, and hath sold away some of his possession, and if any of his kin come to redeem it, then shall he redeem that which his brother sold.

Details, in a book of details...,,,

Can you understand what he said?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
One would hope you would see, just as doubting Thomas did, and say, "My Lord and my God."

But you can't say it, because you do not yet see it.

I will be praying the Lord will open you eyes, and John 1:1-3 will be like the sunlight coming out on a cloudy day.

Remember, God is Light.
1 John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.​

And Jesus is the True Light. How sad when He came into the world....so many KNEW HIM NOT. :(

John 1:9-10 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
:)

john w

Hall of Fame

I rarely understand anything you say(loosely employed here), and neither do most TOL members.

I know, I know....You do not understand what I'm saying....Time for you to head on back to....

s-l300.jpg

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I rarely understand anything you say(loosely employed here), and neither do most TOL members.

I know, I know....You do not understand what I'm saying....Time for you to head on back to....

s-l300.jpg
What Manoah said... I was asking if you understand it.

glorydaz

I'm of the opinion that until you see that Jesus is God as well as a human being, you'll not understand much of anything. The entire Bible is based on the fact that God would come to dwell among us as a human being. John W was giving you places you could look in the Bible to find that truth.

Jesus is the Revelation of God to man.

The Lord God is revealed to us through the Lord Jesus Christ.
The Disciples knew He was Lord and God.

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I'm of the opinion that until you see that Jesus is God as well as a human being, you'll not understand much of anything. The entire Bible is based on the fact that God would come to dwell among us as a human being. John W was giving you places you could look in the Bible to find that truth.

Jesus is the Revelation of God to man.

The Lord God is revealed to us through the Lord Jesus Christ.
The Disciples knew He was Lord and God.

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
I take all of that in, but I am concerned about the context or the interpretation.

glorydaz

I take all of that in, but I am concerned about the context or the interpretation.

There is nothing to interpret. The context is Jesus had risen from the dead, and Thomas was doubting it was Jesus risen. Our Lord told him to feel the sword cut in his side, and the nail holes in his hands.

If you saw Jesus standing before you, after watching Him be crucified on the cross, would you have enough faith to address Him as your Lord and God, or would you stutter and stammer and claim He was merely the Son of God? Some sort of a lesser God perhaps?

Why didn't Thomas hesitate as you do?