Calvinism: You Must Already be Saved to Get Saved?

Ben Masada

For all their claims that we misrepresent them, they all agree with nang who said she believes because God made her believe.

Making the cross of no effect.

This statement means that this Nang was not a human being but an animal without the attribute of Freewill to simply want to believe.

lifeisgood

God knows that you teach a false gospel of works salvation, by what a person does!

Telling your children God loves them and they have to decide if they want to love God back would be a better work than to tell them you don't know if God has elected them to go to hell and there's nothing they can do about it, wouldn't you say?

Nanja

How do you know you are elected?

All for whom Christ died, they shall Gal. 3:13-14 receive the Adoption of Sons
by God sending the Spirit of His Son into their hearts Gal. 3:14; Gal. 4:4-7.

Rom. 8:14-16
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear;
but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

That's how they know they are an Elect Child of God.

~~~~~

Robert Pate

Banned
All for whom Christ died, they shall Gal. 3:13-14 receive the Adoption of Sons
by God sending the Spirit of His Son into their hearts Gal. 3:14; Gal. 4:4-7.

Rom. 8:14-16
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear;
but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

That's how they know they are an Elect Child of God.

~~~~~

What you are trusting in is your Christian life, which is a work of the law.

You said nothing, absolutly nothing, about the saving work of Christ.

You seem to think that it is all about you and your life.

I am afraid that you will be one of those who say... "But Lord, Lord, didn't we"....? Matthew 7:21-23.

beloved57

What you are trusting in is your Christian life, which is a work of the law.

You said nothing, absolutly nothing, about the saving work of Christ.

You seem to think that it is all about you and your life.

I am afraid that you will be one of those who say... "But Lord, Lord, didn't we"....? Matthew 7:21-23.
You teach salvation by works by what a person does! You believe in salvation by the will of man.

TulipBee

BANNED
Banned
Telling your children God loves them and they have to decide if they want to love God back would be a better work than to tell them you don't know if God has elected them to go to hell and there's nothing they can do about it, wouldn't you say?

Tell them all about real Santa and the easter bunny. You'll be known as a liar when they learn the truth.

Nanja

Salvation has been provided for all, Hebrews 2:9. It is God's great free gift for all of humanity, Ephesians 2:8.

But nothing is yours until you receive it, John 1:12.

Christ tasted death for ALL of His Sheep

John 10:11, 15
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

But not the goats!

Mat. 25:33, 41
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

The natural man has no ability to receive anything from God in a way that leads to Salvation.
Only once a person has been given a New Nature can he discern Spiritual things:

1 Cor. 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

And neither can he do anything that pleases God:

Rom. 8:7-8
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

~~~~~

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Interesting thing about that verse...

Who is Jesus talking to? Who would He have gathered together? Who would not? Not all the same entity (or group of people). He's talking to Jerusalem (the religious leaders)...He would have gathered the children (the general people)...but the leaders "...would not."

EDIT : Alternatively, you could have Him speaking to the city in a spiritual sense...but there is still a distinction between Jerusalem and her children.

Huh??

beloved57

Christ tasted death for ALL of His Sheep

John 10:11, 15
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

But not the goats!

Mat. 25:33, 41
33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

The natural man has no ability to receive anything from God in a way that leads to Salvation.
Only once a person has been given a New Nature can he discern Spiritual things:

1 Cor. 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

And neither can he do anything that pleases God:

Rom. 8:7-8
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

~~~~~
You by the Grace of God are a spiritually wise women!