Calvinism: You Must Already be Saved to Get Saved?

Robert Pate

Banned
Those not of the elect serve the purposes which God wills- they are the example which we acknowledge as separate from what is good, serving as spectacles of wickedness. If you read the Bible, there's actually plenty on that- especially in relevance to the day of Judgement.

All that God is and all that God does, is done in perfect justice, mercy and righteousness.

If you don't believe that you need to get yourself another God, one that you can trust and believe in.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
All that God is and all that God does, is done in perfect justice, mercy and righteousness.

If you don't believe that you need to get yourself another God, one that you can trust and believe in.

Calvinists believe in the Sovereign God, you all believe in a wizard in the sky whose creation was the result of experimenting with a wand.

I can't really think of another way to put it- either God is perfectly in control or He is not. It was all either preordained, or your 'free will' is co-equal to His. Are you God's co-equal?

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Calvinists believe in the Sovereign God, you all believe in a wizard in the sky whose creation was the result of experimenting with a wand.

I can't really think of another way to put it- either God is perfectly in control or He is not. It was all either preordained, or your 'free will' is co-equal to His. Are you God's co-equal?

God's sovereignty never violates his holy, just, merciful, righteous nature.

Your Calvinist God misses the mark.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Does God know who will believe on his Son Jesus Christ?

I don't think that he does.

Added to your ongoing list of nonsense, Robert.

How any reasonable person takes you seriously genuinely escapes me.

AMR

How you can claim that you have faith in a God that damns billions to hell for no reason other than they were born after Adam, is a mystery to me.

Your Calvinst God makes Isis look like kitty cats.
Robert,

I would rather assume God to be as He describes Himself, knowing all past, present, and future, within His right to dispose of His creatures as He sees fit, than declare Him ignorant all in order to satisfy a humanistic notion of how He is somehow unable to be absolutely sovereign, yet hold man responsible.

God does not need His creatures pitifully attempting to get him off the hook for what they think is "unfair." God gave the devil permission to kill all of Job's seven sons and three daughters. I suppose you would consider that "unfair", no? :AMR:

"...The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord." (Job 1:21)

AMR

Last edited:

Robert Pate

Banned
Robert,

I would rather assume God to be as He describes Himself, knowing all past, present, and future, within His right to dispose of His creatures as He sees fit, than declare Him ignorant all in order to satisfy a humanistic notion of how He is somehow unable to be absolutely sovereign, yet hold man responsible.

God does not need His creatures pitifully attempting to get him off the hook for what they think is "unfair." God gave the devil permission to kill all of Job's seven sons and three daughters. I suppose you would consider that "unfair", no? :AMR:

"...The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; Blessed be the name of the Lord." (Job 1:21)

AMR

You Calvinist are always trying to find scripture that makes God unjust. You have the same Spirit as Job's wife, "Why don't you curse God and die?".

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You Calvinist are always trying to find scripture that makes God unjust. You have the same Spirit as Job's wife, "Why don't you curse God and die?".
Perhaps you think there is a substantive response in your words, Robert. But, as usual, just more misdirection and deflection to support your unwillingness to stand still long enough to actually engage the thoughts of others. If the best you have is "nana nana boo boo" perhaps you wandered into the wrong schoolyard. The kindergarten playground is not here. ;)

AMR

Last edited:

Samie

Adamic sin did not just taint our nature, it caused the fall of the whole human race, Romans 5:12.

Does God know who will believe on his Son Jesus Christ?

I don't think that he does. To give life for the sole purpose of destroying it makes God unjust and unmerciful.

He provides salvation for everyone, Hebrews 2:9.
I believe God knows what the future holds, otherwise He cannot declare the end from the beginning:

Isaiah 46:9-10 9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

This is why He saved us by His grace given us in Christ BEFORE the beginning of time:

NKJ 2 Timothy 1:9 who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began

Christ died for all - Adam and Eve and all their descendants - without exception (Heb 2:9), and wrote their names in the book of life. But only overcomers will not be blotted out from it (Rev 3:5).

Robert Pate

Banned
I believe God knows what the future holds, otherwise He cannot declare the end from the beginning:

Isaiah 46:9-10 9 Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, 10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

This is why He saved us by His grace given us in Christ BEFORE the beginning of time:

NKJ 2 Timothy 1:9 who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began

Christ died for all - Adam and Eve and all their descendants - without exception (Heb 2:9), and wrote their names in the book of life. But only overcomers will not be blotted out from it (Rev 3:5).

God does not predestinate people to hell. They send themselves there.

Does God know who is going to hell? Not untill there is a judgment.

Samie

God does not predestinate people to hell. They send themselves there.
That's why God predestinated ALL - Adam & Eve and all their descendants - to be "in Christ", writing their names in the book of life. I believe God knows what decisions will people make whether to overcome evil or not, and by writing all in the book of life, He empowered all with the ability to overcome, having been fashioned as part of the body of Christ, our Strength to overcome. But only overcomers will not be blotted out from it.

Does God know who is going to hell? Not untill there is a judgment.
I think He knows. Otherwise He cannot declare the end from the beginning.

Robert Pate

Banned
That's why God predestinated ALL - Adam & Eve and all their descendants - to be "in Christ", writing their names in the book of life. I believe God knows what decisions will people make whether to overcome evil or not, and by writing all in the book of life, He empowered all with the ability to overcome, having been fashioned as part of the body of Christ, our Strength to overcome. But only overcomers will not be blotted out from it.

If he already knows then there is no need for a judgment. All things will be decided in the judgment. Every wrong will be made right and every right will be rewarded.

ttruscott

The beginning of what? From the beginning of the world! Acts 15:18 Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.

Before the beginning of the world there might have been things HE did not create as HIS works so HE did not know them such as the free will choices of all those created in HIS image created before the beginning of the world.

Don't get sucked in by the Greek paganism that HIS knowing all that can be known is from eternity past; it is anti-scriptural and leads to the inevitable blasphemy that He knew who would end in hell before HE created them BUT CREATED THEM ANYWAY.

beloved57

If he already knows then there is no need for a judgment. All things will be decided in the judgment. Every wrong will be made right and every right will be rewarded.

God knows that you teach a false gospel of works salvation, by what a person does!

Ben Masada

You Must Already be Saved to Get Saved.

You Must Already be Saved to Get Saved.

There is absolutely no trace of Logic in this statement. If one is already saved to get saved is crying aloud for the sense of Logic because, to be already saved, there is no need to further be saved and, to get saved, it is only obvious that one is still in need to be saved.

Last edited: