CALVINISM: The Belief that God Predestinates People to Hell Before Birth.

heir

TOL Subscriber
God's covenant promises of a Savior, who would be born of woman, was no O.T. mystery. All the O.T. saints were saved by grace through faith in that promise.
The fact that God's grace would reach Gentiles such as we, who were in time past without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world BY THE GOSPEL (Ephesians 3:6 KJV, the gospel:1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) was unsearchable/a mystery hid in God (Ephesians 3:1-9 KJV). You disagree with scripture. No shocker there.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The True Gospel is that Testimony of the Eternal Grace Given in Christ, which we [Israel, God's Chosen Elect] are Justified by, before the World began.

Eph. 1:11-14

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

And as Paul taught here:

Acts 13:23
Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

God has raised up Jesus to be a Saviour to His Chosen Eph. 1:4!

2 Tim. 1:8-11

8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.
You are not Israel and had nothing to do with Israel's salvation! Please read my last post to Nang showing that our salvation was a mystery unsearchable and hid in God. Trust the Lord believing the gospel of our salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). It's your only hope!

Nanja

You are not Israel and had nothing to do with Israel's salvation! Please read my last post to Nang showing that our salvation was a mystery unsearchable and hid in God.

Yes I am Israel and well as all God's Elect are, chosen in Israel Is. 42:1; Eph. 1:4 my Covenant Head and Surety before the foundation.

Christ died for the Spiritual Seed of Abraham, whether jew or Gentile Heb. 2:16, the only world of People promised Salvation Is 45:17.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
The fact that God's grace would reach Gentiles such as we, who were in time past without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world BY THE GOSPEL (Ephesians 3:6 KJV, the gospel:1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) was unsearchable/a mystery hid in God (Ephesians 3:1-9 KJV). You disagree with scripture. No shocker there.

The Gospel message was not the mystery. Many saints were saved by hearing and believing the Gospel promises of a Savior.

You come to this conclusion, due to the fact you think Paul proclaimed a Gospel never heard before his time, but this cannot be, for the O.T. saints were saved by grace through faith in the Gospel just as N.T. saints.

God's salvation program has not changed. The Gospel promise is the same as when first made in the garden (Genesis 3:15). It is an everlasting and immutable Gospel message, because it comes from the eternal and immutable God Almighty.

Because God is bringing a remnant out of all the nations into Covenant through Christ, the mystery is now displayed by Him "to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord." Ephesians 3:10-11

In whose name the "whole family in heaven and earth is named." Ephesians 3:15

One Gospel. One promise of One Savior. For one church body consisting of saints saved out of all the nations. By the power of One Spirit. Gifting the one faith, in the one God and Father of all. Ephesians 4:4-6

Robert Pate

Banned
The Gospel message was not the mystery. Many saints were saved by hearing and believing the Gospel promises of a Savior.

You come to this conclusion, due to the fact you think Paul proclaimed a Gospel never heard before his time, but this cannot be, for the O.T. saints were saved by grace through faith in the Gospel just as N.T. saints.

God's salvation program has not changed. The Gospel promise is the same as when first made in the garden (Genesis 3:15). It is an everlasting and immutable Gospel message, because it comes from the eternal and immutable God Almighty.

Because God is bringing a remnant out of all the nations into Covenant through Christ, the mystery is now displayed by Him "to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord." Ephesians 3:10-11

In whose name the "whole family in heaven and earth is named." Ephesians 3:15

One Gospel. One promise of One Savior. For one church body consisting of saints saved out of all the nations. By the power of One Spirit. Gifting the one faith, in the one God and Father of all. Ephesians 4:4-6

Right and this Gospel is for everyone, Hebrews 2:9. But not all want it, because they love their sins more than they love Christ.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yes I am Israel and well as all God's Elect are, chosen in Israel Is. 42:1;
According to Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV you're not.
Eph. 1:4 my Covenant Head and Surety before the foundation.
The epistle to the Ephesians was written to Gentiles who had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Israel, as I cited above. We, like the Ephesians are made partakers BY THE GOSPEL (Ephesians 3:6 KJV, not covenant.

Christ died for the Spiritual Seed of Abraham, whether jew or Gentile Heb. 2:16, the only world of People promised Salvation Is 45:17.
The man Christ Jesus gave Himself a ransom for all to be testified in due time (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV as God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their ( the world's including God's enemies Romans 5:10 KJV) trespasses unto them (2 Corinthians 5:19-21 KJV).

heir

TOL Subscriber
Paul's gospel was a mystery hidden in the scriptures until given by the revelation of Jesus Christ!

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began, 26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:27 To God only wise, be glory through Jesus Christ for ever. Amen.

Galatians 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. 12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

It was a mystery: for had the princes of this world known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: 7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

But, the fact that Paul was given a dispensation of the grace of God with that gospel to us-ward (Gentiles such as we Ephesians 2:11-12), was a mystery, not hidden in the scriptures ("according to the scriptures") as the gospel of Christ, but hid in God! It was unsearchable! It is the manifold wisdom of God!

Ephesians 3:1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Jesus Christ for you Gentiles, 2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward: 3 How that by revelation he made known unto me the mystery; (as I wrote afore in few words, 4 Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ) 5 Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit; 6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel: 7 Whereof I was made a minister, according to the gift of the grace of God given unto me by the effectual working of his power. 8 Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ; 9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: 10 To the intent that now unto the principalities and powers in heavenly places might be known by the church the manifold wisdom of God, 11 According to the eternal purpose which he purposed in Christ Jesus our Lord:12 In whom we have boldness and access with confidence by the faith of him.

Trust the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 and be saved!

Robert Pate

Banned
There is no such thing as "Paul's gospel."

There is only the everlasting Gospel of Jesus Christ; never mysteriously hidden, except from reprobate souls!

Paul referred to the Gospel as his Gospel, Romans 2:16.

It was the Gospel that was given to him by Jesus Christ, Galatians 1:11-12.

It is the Gospel that justifies the ungodly, Romans 4:5 and reconciles the world unto God, 2 Corinthians 5:19.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Pateism: The belief that God created Hell for no apparent reason and the wicked just incidentally go there.

heir

TOL Subscriber
There is no such thing as "Paul's gospel."

There is only the everlasting Gospel of Jesus Christ; never mysteriously hidden, except from reprobate souls!
The gospel of Jesus Christ had it's beginning in Mark 1:1-4 KJV. Try reading and believing what it actually is. The everlasting gospel will be preached by an angel (Revelation 14:6 KJV)when a Lamb stands on the Mount Sion (Revelation 14:1 KJV). Either of those gospels preached as "unto" us is another gospel than that which Paul preached (Galatians 1:8-12 KJV). And yes, the gospel that Paul preached as the power of God (Romans 1:16 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV) was a mystery (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV). I hope you trust the Lord believing it as it's your only hope for salvation (Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV).

Eagles Wings

Yes, there is and Paul calls it "my gospel" in Romans 2:16 KJV, Romans 16:25 KJV and 2 Timothy 2:8 KJV.
I live in a city that has a huge dispensational church with hundreds of congregants and multiple pastors.

I know some of these people and no one talks about the gospel of Paul.

I've always thought Paul meant that he was entrusted with the message of salvation in Christ so was taking ownership of it in a sense.

Nanja

According to Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV you're not. The epistle to the Ephesians was written to Gentiles who had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with Israel, as I cited above. We, like the Ephesians are made partakers BY THE GOSPEL (Ephesians 3:6 KJV, not covenant.

The man Christ Jesus gave Himself a ransom for all to be testified in due time (1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV as God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto Himself, not imputing their ( the world's including God's enemies Romans 5:10 KJV) trespasses unto them (2 Corinthians 5:19-21 KJV).

Christ gave His Life for all His Church Eph. 5:25, all His Sheep John 10:11, 15. They are the "all men" which God desires to be saved 1 Tim. 2:4, or all Israel that was promised salvation Is. 45:17; Rev. 7:4; whom God wills to be saved.

God was in Christ reconciling the World of His Chosen Elect In Union with Christ before the foundation Eph. 1:4.

But all rest are reprobates, and were condemned already John 3:18, 36; Jude 1:4; Rom 9:22; 2 Pet. 2:7; Prov. 16:4; Mat 25:41.

Salvation is not conditioned upon what a person wills!

Dan. 4:35

And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou? 37 Now I Nebuchadnezzar praise and extol and honour the King of heaven, all whose works are truth, and his ways judgment: and those that walk in pride he is able to abase.

Robert Pate

Banned
Pateism: The belief that God created Hell for no apparent reason and the wicked just incidentally go there.

God created hell as a means to destroy Satan and his angels. He never intended for people to go there. People choose to go there because they reject God's great free gift of salvation that has been provided for them by Jesus Christ.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
God created hell as a means to destroy Satan and his angels. He never intended for people to go there. People choose to go there because they reject God's great free gift of salvation that has been provided for them by Jesus Christ.

Pateism: The belief that predestination is tyrannical and evil, but sending people to Hell for eternity on a technicality is perfectly valid.

Robert Pate

Banned
Pateism: The belief that predestination is tyrannical and evil, but sending people to Hell for eternity on a technicality is perfectly valid.

Predestinationism is not only tyrannical and evil, it was conceived in the mind of Satan to lead people away from Christ and his Gospel.

Rejection of Christ and his Gospel is not a technicality. It is like spitting in God's face.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Predestinationism is not only tyrannical and evil, it was conceived in the mind of Satan to lead people away from Christ and his Gospel.

Rejection of Christ and his Gospel is not a technicality. It is like spitting in God's face.

So why does the doctrine of free will cause so many denominations, Pate? By your own admission, you are about your 'free will' before you are about God- it is nothing more than a narcotic which has splintered Christianity to an unintelligible mass of heresy :wave2:

Robert Pate

Banned
So why does the doctrine of free will cause so many denominations, Pate? By your own admission, you are about your 'free will' before you are about God- it is nothing more than a narcotic which has splintered Christianity to an unintelligible mass of heresy :wave2:

The fact that Christianity is a mess is proof that man has a free will. No, I teach the Gospel and justification by faith like Paul did. Everyone is born with a free will. If you don't have a free will then you must be some sort of a robot.