Calvinism and the word "WORLD"

Charles94

So why can't you comprehend that Christ died for the whole world?

Because the scriptures teach “Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us…” Gal3:13 He was made a curse for “us” who believe. But to unbelievers in the world He says, “Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels.” Matt25:41 He was not made a curse for the whole world – He did not take away their sin.

Rom8:32He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? 33Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies.

If God’s Son was given up for “us all” then how shall He not also give “us all” all things, including justification. Does the “us all” here – described as God’s “elect” or “chosen” – refer to believers or everyone? Given the logical argument here from Paul, are all things (including justification) given to the whole world or only believers? If Paul's logical argument here applies to the whole world, on what grounds are the unbelieving people in the world "condemned already" and why does God's wrath abide on them? (John3:17,36)

Robert Pate

Banned
The Scriptures say you should, including the Jesus you deny:

Luke12:5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!

Prov9:10"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.

It is true that your imaginary jesus would never inspire fear. Your imaginary jesus would never refuse to pray for the world in John17:9 - he would optimistically wish and hope for the best for everyone but have no clue how things would eventually pan out. Your imaginary jesus cannot save. If you keep denying the Jesus of the Bible who actually did refuse to pray and intercede for the world, don't be that surprised if He claims not to know you at the last day.

Jesus did far more than just praying for the world, he died for the sins of the world, 1 John 2:2. It is hard to fear someone that loves you so much that he has has given you eternal life by his sacrifice on the cross. I am like Paul, "I know in whom I believe" My Jesus is not imaginary. He is very real to me and knows me better than I know myself. I am looking forward to being with him in heaven. I feel sorry that you don't have the same relationship with him that I do. He is kind, gentle, and not willing that any should perish, 2 Peter 3:9.

Epoisses

Because the scriptures teach “Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us…” Gal3:13 He was made a curse for “us” who believe. But to unbelievers in the world He says, “Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels.” Matt25:41 He was not made a curse for the whole world – He did not take away their sin.

Rom8:32He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? 33Who shall bring a charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies.

If God’s Son was given up for “us all” then how shall He not also give “us all” all things, including justification. Does the “us all” here – described as God’s “elect” or “chosen” – refer to believers or everyone? Given the logical argument here from Paul, are all things (including justification) given to the whole world or only believers? If Paul's logical argument here applies to the whole world, on what grounds are the unbelieving people in the world "condemned already" and why does God's wrath abide on them? (John3:17,36)

The cross is where the sin problem was taken care of it had nothing to do with believers or unbelievers - sheep or goats - wheat or tares. Why is that so hard for the Calvinist to understand when all other Christians readily understand it? The cross was one sacrifice for all sin for all time for all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.

beloved57

Jesus did far more than just praying for the world, he died for the sins of the world, 1 John 2:2. It is hard to fear someone that loves you so much that he has has given you eternal life by his sacrifice on the cross. I am like Paul, "I know in whom I believe" My Jesus is not imaginary. He is very real to me and knows me better than I know myself. I am looking forward to being with him in heaven. I feel sorry that you don't have the same relationship with him that I do. He is kind, gentle, and not willing that any should perish, 2 Peter 3:9.
You teach that sinners Christ died for are still lost regardless, hence you deny that Christ is Saviour!

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Nanja

So why can't you comprehend that Christ died for the whole world?

The scriptures are clear that there are two different worlds of mankind.

A World that God Loved John 3:16: An eternally forgiven World 2 Cor. 5:19; Rom. 5:10 Christ gave His Life for; His Sheep John 10:11, 15; Is. 53:6: God's Election of Grace 2 Tim. 1:9 chosen in Christ to be Holy and without blame before Him in Love Eph. 1:4-5 whose sins were never imputed to them Rom. 4:7-8 but to their Surety instead Heb. 7:22; Heb. 13:20!

And a world that was already condemned John 3:18, 36 that are not Christ's Sheep John 10:26; an ungodly world 2 Pet. 2:5, a condemned world 1 Cor. 11:32: The goats which go in to the second death Mat. 25:41!

beloved57

A World that God Loved John 3:16: An eternally forgiven World 2 Cor. 5:19; Rom. 5:10 Christ gave His Life for; His Sheep John 10:11, 15; Is. 53:6: God's Election of Grace 2 Tim. 1:9 chosen in Christ to be Holy and without blame before Him in Love Eph. 1:4-5 whose sins were never imputed to them Rom. 4:7-8 but to their Surety instead Heb. 7:22; Heb. 13:20!

And a world that was already condemned John 3:18, 36 that are not Christ's Sheep John 10:26; an ungodly world 2 Pet. 2:5, a condemned world 1 Cor. 11:32: The goats which go in to the second death Mat. 25:41!

Hey we do comprehend that Christ died for the whole world, of the Elect ! Of the Saved Rev 21:24

[FONT=&quot]And the nations of them which [/FONT]are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

Now if men teach and believe that Christ died for people that are finally lost, then they believe and teach that Christ's death alone doesnt save ! Beware of false teachers like that !

Epoisses

Unbeliever.

Epoisses

Hey we do comprehend that Christ died for the whole world, of the Elect ! Of the Saved Rev 21:24

[FONT="]And the nations of them which [/FONT]are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

Now if men teach and believe that Christ died for people that are finally lost, then they believe and teach that Christ's death alone doesnt save ! Beware of false teachers like that !

You've been brain-washed by your false prophet. 5-point Calvinists cannot be saved.

Nanja

[FONT="]And the nations of them which [/FONT]are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

Absolutely Brother! And yes, we certainly do comprehend, and as I have shown, that the Saved Elect is the whole world that God Loved John 3:16!

False teachers deny Christ's Atonement was Limited to His Elect, and in doing so they deny the efficacy of Christ's Blood to Save all them it was shed for. Therefore they are guilty of Blasphemy against the Blood of Christ!

Robert Pate

Banned
Absolutely Brother! And yes, we certainly do comprehend, and as I have shown, that the Saved Elect is the whole world that God Loved John 3:16!

False teachers deny Christ's Atonement was Limited to His Elect, and in doing so they deny the efficacy of Christ's Blood to Save all them it was shed for. Therefore they are guilty of Blasphemy against the Blood of Christ!

Calvinism is an attempt to limit God and his Son Jesus Christ.

Robert Pate

Banned

To say or believe that Jesus did not atone or the sins of the whole world, is to say that Jesus is not Lord.

beloved57

To say or believe that Jesus did not atone or the sins of the whole world, is to say that Jesus is not Lord.

The most dishonoring of Christ is in teaching that sinners He died for remain lost,and unredeemed. That says Hes a failure as a Saviour !

Robert Pate

Banned
The most dishonoring of Christ is in teaching that sinners He died for remain lost,and unredeemed. That says Hes a failure as a Saviour !

God has done all that he can do for the salvation of fallen man. If anyone is a loser it is you, for not accepting God's great free gift of salvation.

beloved57

God has done all that he can do for the salvation of fallen man. If anyone is a loser it is you, for not accepting God's great free gift of salvation.

So you confess that after God has done all that He can do, and Christ shedding His Blood, those He did it for are still lost anyways !