Buddhism for someone who never agreed with Christianity and Christianity without the

MennoSota

So you believe God is not good enough to be just then?

We were not born in rebellion and we were not born sinners. We were born as God made us, or there is no God and we are here by chance.
What a stupid question/statement.
Romans 5:12-14
Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned— for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law. Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come.

MennoSota

I have no faith in any religion, but I do have faith in God. FWIW.
It is good that you have faith in God. In the Bible it says that pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is to visit orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself unstained by the world. So there is good with the word religion.
Neither of you have faith. You're both trying to fake it in hopes you make it.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Neither of you have faith. You're both trying to fake it in hopes you make it.

I would love to talk with you about your opinion here to eliminate any distress on your part. What you are saying is patently false. I am not trying to fake it in hopes that I make it. And I do have faith.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Thank you for your response. If you are not Christian, what might change your mind about Christianity?

I believe that all theistic religions allude to an ineffiable divine essence. Each culture defines this essence by way of their own cultural traditions and values. I realise Christianity's theonomy regarding God is important to western culture though, the historical struggle of who's dogma exists as Truth is a dangerously misguided and pointless endeavor...it only begets division, hatred and violence i.e. unnecessary human suffering. (RE: the Four Noble Truths.).
Thus, I do not aspire to any such dogma.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I believe that all theistic religions allude to an ineffiable divine essence. Each culture defines this essence by way of their own cultural traditions and values. I realise Christianity's theonomy regarding God is important to western culture though, the historical struggle of who's dogma exists as Truth is a dangerously misguided endeavor...it only begets division, hatred and violence i.e. unnecessary human suffering. (RE: the Four Noble Truths.).
Thus, I do not aspire to any such dogma.

What about instead of who is right the existence of truth to begin with?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No, but the desire to attain it does.

That may be true. But if truth comes to you there is no struggle at all. Maybe only fighting against it such as if it reveals sin in you even though the sin can be or is forgiven.

quip

BANNED
Banned
That may be true. But if truth comes to you there is no struggle at all. Maybe only fighting against it such as if it reveals sin in you even though the sin can be or is forgiven.

That's fine, be content with this. Simply forego the struggle to convince others of your epiphany.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That's fine, be content with this. Simply forego the struggle to convince others of your epiphany.

I don't think that forgiveness has anything to do with struggle or suffering though. It is only a good thing and should be shared with others. However, empathy may be the best way especially if someone or anyone might be resistant to change. Desiring good things for others does not mean that others desire the same for or of themselves.

quip

BANNED
Banned
I don't think that forgiveness has anything to do with struggle or suffering though. It is only a good thing and should be shared with others. However, empathy may be the best way especially if someone or anyone might be resistant to change. Desiring good things for others does not mean that others desire the same for or of themselves.

Convincing and sharing are two different things. You may share your truth... let the recipient do with it as he or she pleases. Then let it go...don't cling to the outcome, either way.

MennoSota

I would love to talk with you about your opinion here to eliminate any distress on your part. What you are saying is patently false. I am not trying to fake it in hopes that I make it. And I do have faith.
Your own statements condemn you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Convincing and sharing are two different things. You may share your truth... let the recipient do with it as he or she pleases. Then let it go...don't cling to the outcome, either way.

That sounds pretty good. Not everyone receives the love of the truth.

2 Thessalonians 2:10 and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
It is good that you have faith in God. In the Bible it says that pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is to visit orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself unstained by the world. So there is good with the word religion.

Yes. That is bible and that is good. I would never deny that there are good things in the Bible. The Bible helped me understand the real God, well...check that. I can’t claim to understand God. But, the Bible helped put me on the path for real truth.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
What a stupid question/statement.
Romans 5:12-14
Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all men because all sinned— for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law. Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come.

Lol. I love how you can’t handle questions. It’s like oops. I don’t really know how to communicate. That’s funny.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned

I have no doubt you speak the truth here.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes. That is bible and that is good. I would never deny that there are good things in the Bible. The Bible helped me understand the real God, well...check that. I can’t claim to understand God. But, the Bible helped put me on the path for real truth.

Are you suggesting that there is something better than the Bible?