Buddhism for someone who never agreed with Christianity and Christianity without the

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I don’t perfectly fit your criteria here, but I believe I can speak intelligently on this matter to some degree. After losing my faith in Christianity I did study Buddhism to some degree.

Some of their principles and practices are absolutely commendable in the highest degree (IMHO) and are worthy of contemplation. Their view of God doesn’t work for me....but they are good as religious people go, IMO.

Have you found your faith again?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That's the problem. You don't know.
That is not my problem as we are talking about your words. You have made a claim that is contrary to my understanding of my salvation in God and Jesus Christ. But you do not reveal your reason for saying what you do.

Aimiel

Not being The Judge of The Universe, no Christian can say to another that they're damned. One should meditate God's Word and not delve into the darkness of false religion and idols lest they be led astray by the wiles of the enemy. Buddhism as many other false religions may 'seem' harmless but can lead anyone away from The Lord if they're not careful. Jesus is The One and ONLY Way, Truth and Life.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Not being The Judge of The Universe, no Christian can say to another that they're damned. One should meditate God's Word and not delve into the darkness of false religion and idols lest they be led astray by the wiles of the enemy. Buddhism as many other false religions may 'seem' harmless but can lead anyone away from The Lord if they're not careful. Jesus is The One and ONLY Way, Truth and Life.
Amen.

k0de

Either.
You could say the Buddha was agnostic.
His goal was to teach the cessation of suffering:

Buddhist seek to reach a state of nirvana.I also think that there is no belief in a personal god. Buddhists believe that nothing is fixed or permanent and that change is always possible.

From a Christian prespective I wouldn't say Buddha was agnostic but a sorcerer.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Idolater

"Matthew 16:18-19" Dispensationalist (Catholic) χρ
And there is the fail of religion, on display for every wise man to reject.
It is not easy for sheep outside the bishops' fold to 'figger out' just from their own reading of the Bible, how to best communicate with others about such grave theological matters as eternity.

MennoSota

And there is the fail of religion, on display for every wise man to reject.
All humans will reject and rebel against God. It is our nature. Whether the rejection is ideological, within a religion, or whether it is sociological, within society, the same result happens. God rightly and justly condemns sinners.
Only those whom God chooses to save will be pardoned.
Feel free to reject God. It is your nature to do so. Feel free to rebel and mock the Creator. It is your nature to do so.
God will either break your rebellion and make you alive with Christ, or He will leave you to die in your sins. He is Sovereign and He does as He wills...no matter how much you whine about it and imagine your own self to be the master. In fact, God laughs at your arrogance.
Psalm 37:10-17
In just a little while, the wicked will be no more; though you look carefully at his place, he will not be there. But the meek shall inherit the land and delight themselves in abundant peace. The wicked plots against the righteous and gnashes his teeth at him, but the Lord laughs at the wicked, for he sees that his day is coming. The wicked draw the sword and bend their bows to bring down the poor and needy, to slay those whose way is upright; their sword shall enter their own heart, and their bows shall be broken. Better is the little that the righteous has than the abundance of many wicked. For the arms of the wicked shall be broken, but the Lord upholds the righteous.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
All humans will reject and rebel against God.

To reject and rebel against something implies - by logical necessity - that you knew the thing you refused in the first place.

So, please tell me when you remember meeting God, then deciding to reject him?

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
It is not easy for sheep outside the bishops' fold to 'figger out' just from their own reading of the Bible, how to best communicate with others about such grave theological matters as eternity.

Right.....well, if not for fear, the situation would not be grave. Do you remember your New Testament? He who fears has not been made perfect in love. Fear involves torment.

So, perhaps it is right to say that the fearful actually don't know God.

MennoSota

To reject and rebel against something implies - by logical necessity - that you knew the thing you refused in the first place.

So, please tell me when you remember meeting God, then deciding to reject him?
You and I were born in rebellion. Even now you rebel against the Sovereign King.
Romans 3:10-30
as it is written: “None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands; no one seeks for God. All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one.” “Their throat is an open grave; they use their tongues to deceive.” “The venom of asps is under their lips.” “Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness.” “Their feet are swift to shed blood; in their paths are ruin and misery, and the way of peace they have not known.” “There is no fear of God before their eyes.” Now we know that whatever the law says it speaks to those who are under the law, so that every mouth may be stopped, and the whole world may be held accountable to God. For by works of the law no human being will be justified in his sight, since through the law comes knowledge of sin. But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it— the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God’s righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus. Then what becomes of our boasting? It is excluded. By what kind of law? By a law of works? No, but by the law of faith. For we hold that one is justified by faith apart from works of the law. Or is God the God of Jews only? Is he not the God of Gentiles also? Yes, of Gentiles also, since God is one—who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Why do you ask? It seems a frivolous distinction.

You said you lost your faith in religion, not in a religion. So I am wondering if you lost your faith in Christianity or something else, something different.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
You and I were born in rebellion. Even now you rebel against the Sovereign King.
Romans 3:10-30 .

So you believe God is not good enough to be just then?

We were not born in rebellion and we were not born sinners. We were born as God made us, or there is no God and we are here by chance.

Guyver

BANNED
Banned
You said you lost your faith in religion, not in a religion. So I am wondering if you lost your faith in Christianity or something else, something different.

I have no faith in any religion, but I do have faith in God. FWIW.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I have no faith in any religion, but I do have faith in God. FWIW.

It is good that you have faith in God. In the Bible it says that pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is to visit orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself unstained by the world. So there is good with the word religion.