Status
Not open for further replies.

PKevman

Redfin said:
She's deleted a few of mine.

Typical resort of desperation.

Expect this to be deleted too.

:think:

I guess your prophecy did not come true and your accusations towards Nin were just as baseless as your Universalism.

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Dave Miller said:
Right, regarding the scriptures that describe God as omnipresent. Can you find them?

And, if God weren't with sinners, God wouldn't bother chastizing. Reference the
Psalm I quoted earlier, thanking God for the affliction, so that we might come to know
His Word. And then there's that whole Job thing. Can you find the references? How
about Pauls references to God's calling him while he was killing Christians? Can
you find those?

Back achta

Were you ever planning on actually discussing "unconditional love"? Or is that just a word you like to toss around while being ignorant of it's meaning like rebuke, repentance, forgiveness... etc etc etc...?

Redfin? If you have nothing to add to this thread, go spam a different one. And btw I really like neg repping the spam I don't delete :)

Redfin

PastorKevin said:
I guess your prophecy did not come true and your accusations towards Nin were just as baseless as your Universalism.

The only way to prevent Ninny from deleting is to predict it.

It worked.

She's so predictable.

She neg-repped.

I'll live with it.

In fact, I consider it a badge of honor.

ApologeticJedi

Redfin said:
The only way to prevent Ninny from deleting is to predict it.

It worked.

She's so predictable.

She neg-repped.

I'll live with it.

In fact, I consider it a badge of honor.

:baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby: :baby:

Nineveh

Merely Christian
Well...

Unless dave gets brave and addresses something on "unconditional love" it looks like the unis have boiled down to spam.

Dave, I'm going to take the rest of this week to spring clean :) In the meantime, perhaps you will edify yourself about how a church body is to be run :)

red77

Nineveh said:
Well...

Unless dave gets brave and addresses something on "unconditional love" it looks like the unis have boiled down to spam.

Dave, I'm going to take the rest of this week to spring clean :) In the meantime, perhaps you will edify yourself about how a church body is to be run :)

The "unis" have said all that needs to be said, those who want to insist that God planned to have the greater part of the world cut off and tormented from the off can cling onto that if they must, some people do need hell in order for their heaven to hold true it seems - no matter how much restriction they place on God in doing so and no matter how much pain and suffering they deem acceptable for OTHER people to endure...

logos_x

Nineveh said:
Well...

... it looks like the unis have boiled down to spam.

Funny, I thought it was the ETs that have resorted to ad hominem and spam...they certainly have made the least amount of appeals to reason.

At any rate...the "unis" arguments are being met with essentialy nothing as a rebuttle, so why present a new argument? I think pretty much every objection has been addressed...though seldom accepted by the ETs.

;)

Aimiel

The 'reason' that we know there is eternal conscious torment is obvious in The Scriptures. Re-defining them and ignoring their context doesn't lead to sound doctrine. What uni's have isn't just un-sound, it is heretical. The lack of understanding is clear, so (without openness to growth) they'll stay the way they are. Pity, that. :nono:

logos_x

Aimiel said:
The 'reason' that we know there is eternal conscious torment is obvious in The Scriptures.

Not in the Hebrew or the Greek.

Re-defining them and ignoring their context doesn't lead to sound doctrine.

Exactly!

What uni's have isn't just un-sound, it is heretical.

According to those that believe in eternal torment...which is unsound and heretical

The lack of understanding is clear, so (without openness to growth) they'll stay the way they are. Pity, that. :nono:

Back atcha.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
red77 said:
The "unis" have said all that needs to be said, those who want to insist that God planned to have the greater part of the world cut off and tormented from the off can cling onto that if they must, some people do need hell in order for their heaven to hold true it seems - no matter how much restriction they place on God in doing so and no matter how much pain and suffering they deem acceptable for OTHER people to endure...
Nobody who believes in ET believes, except maybe the Calvinists, believe that God's plan is to send the greater part of humanity to eternal torment. We believe that God has made provisions for all men to come to salvation through Christ and be in Heaven with God. We also believe that people, even if it were only one, will refuse to accept God's gift of salvation and we weep for their loss. We believe that God allows us to make that choice but that we have only this life to make that choice and that God will honor our choice when we die. We further believe that the Bible is silent about what happens to people who have never heard the Gospel of Christ. We further believe that God is just and merciful and will deal those people accordinly.

red77

CabinetMaker said:
Nobody who believes in ET believes, except maybe the Calvinists, believe that God's plan is to send the greater part of humanity to eternal torment. We believe that God has made provisions for all men to come to salvation through Christ and be in Heaven with God. We also believe that people, even if it were only one, will refuse to accept God's gift of salvation and we weep for their loss. We believe that God allows us to make that choice but that we have only this life to make that choice and that God will honor our choice when we die. We further believe that the Bible is silent about what happens to people who have never heard the Gospel of Christ. We further believe that God is just and merciful and will deal those people accordinly.

Actually they DO, not many people who believe in ET believe that more or even half the world will be or COULD even be reconciled to God by the constraints of their own doctrine, many who believe in ET also believe that those who havent heard will still be tormented for ever because they 'have no excuse', there is no mercy in the doctrine at all

dale

To suggest that God has made provision for the whole world, but then leaves it to ourselves to figure out on our own, would suggest that salvation is accomplished by ourselves, by our great ability to reason it out... or by some stroke of luck we were born into a family or nation that told of the Savior... or some other way totally devoid of God doing the work. I know that salvation is accomplished by God doing His work in us. That's what makes it grace. Left to ourselves we are all without understanding. Left to ourselves none would CHOOSE Him. It's only by God intervening and rescuing us that ANY come to Him.

The doctrine of eternal torment is a contradiction to salvation by grace.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
dale said:
To suggest that God has made provision for the whole world, but then leaves it to ourselves to figure out on our own, would suggest that salvation is accomplished by ourselves, by our great ability to reason it out... or by some stroke of luck we were born into a family or nation that told of the Savior... or some other way totally devoid of God doing the work. I know that salvation is accomplished by God doing His work in us. That's what makes it grace. Left to ourselves we are all without understanding. Left to ourselves none would CHOOSE Him. It's only by God intervening and rescuing us that ANY come to Him.

The doctrine of eternal torment is a contradiction to salvation by grace.
No, it is not. You assume that I meant God is not involved in our salvation. That is not true. God must work in your heart for us to be saved by grace alone through faith alone. But we must respond to God's work.

Remember Jesus and the rich man. The rich man came to Jesus and proclaimed that he was doing everything to follow Jesus and wanted to know what else he needed to do. Jesus confronted him with the truth that he needed to sell all his riches and give the money for the poor. The rich man went away shaking his head. The rich man was conronted with the truth and he chose to reject it. Jesus did not follow him and make him do it, He allowed the rich man to make the choice to reject the truth.

Just because the truth is revealed to us by God does not automatically mean we will respond to that truth. Humans can be remarkable bull headed and stupid when the choose.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
red77 said:
Actually they DO, not many people who believe in ET believe that more or even half the world will be or COULD even be reconciled to God by the constraints of their own doctrine, many who believe in ET also believe that those who havent heard will still be tormented for ever because they 'have no excuse', there is no mercy in the doctrine at all
There is always some group of people that gets it wrong. :idunno:

dale

CabinetMaker said:
No, it is not. You assume that I meant God is not involved in our salvation. That is not true. God must work in your heart for us to be saved by grace alone through faith alone.
Are you then suggesting God loves some more than others? That He will work enough to bring some to salvation but others He doesn't love enough to bring to salvation? God knows us better than we know ourselves. He knows what we need to bring us to salvation.
But we must respond to God's work.
And we will when God is finished showing us what we individually need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.