Bernie Sanders Government

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I'd actually far rather see Warren. I think Bernie's heart is mostly in the right place, but Warren lands a lot more blows in the right place than Sanders. But then, I was one of those who wanted Warren for President in the first place. On the other hand, she's a great senator...

I don't know... women out there who are already disaffected because of those who expect them to vote for Hillary specifically because she's a woman aren't necessarily going to be pushed into voting for two women. I'd rather see Bernie, I think he's the most authentic candidate out there.

Last edited:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I think Sanders should begin a full on campaign against corruption in government, and do it in earnest. Not a campaign for public office … but a campaign to take government back from the corporate oligarchy that has taken it from us. He has the attention of millions of Americans, now. It's time to begin the real battle. And it's not a battle for the White House. It's a battle for the whole of government. And especially for the legislature: the Congress and the Senate.

I agree with this. The sad thing is once this election is over it will probably just go back to par for the course.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I'd actually far rather see Warren. I think Bernie's heart is mostly in the right place, but Warren lands a lot more blows in the right place than Sanders. But then, I was one of those who wanted Warren for President in the first place. On the other hand, she's a great senator...
Can you give some specifics on the bold?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I don't know... women out there who are already disaffected because of those who expect them to vote for Hillary specifically because she's a woman aren't necessarily going to be pushed into voting for two women. I'd rather see Bernie, I think he's the most authentic candidate out there.
Does it help to think of it as electing Bill again with a woman VP? :think:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I think it will be interesting. And I think the party needs a less status-quo approach. I think Bernie tends a little too much toward populism, although I think that it is sincere and it's certainly passionate, and a little harder approach to math and receptivity toward complexity in policy than his benefits the party, but I also think that where they are right now is too much about what they estimate to be politically feasible and not what is right.
Agreed.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I don't know... women out there who are already disaffected because of those who expect them to vote for Hillary specifically because she's a woman aren't necessarily going to be pushed into voting for two women.
Do you see them being pushed by gender over who the alternative is in the general election and their sense of his approach to gender?

I'd rather see Bernie, I think he's the most authentic candidate out there.
I'd say he's the only authentic candidate...unless you went with authentic coupled with an expletive...which would be some party. :think: