Votes: 29 87.9%
  • s9s27s54

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

s9s27s54

Originally posted by Revelation717
Anyone ever read The Trail of Blood by J.M. Carroll?

Those whom broke away from the Catholic Church continued in heresie and murder just as their mother taught them to do.

There has always been the believer who was niether Catholic or Protestant. And they have always been persecuted and even now they are persecuted.

I have read that book and have it in my possession.

Arminian

Man, this folder really got off the topic.

Btw, Jaltus promised to send me $10 if I voted for him. Did anyone else get their money?

rapt

I refuse to vote in this pole, so I think I ought to get a free T-shirt. Not advertising this battle, of course, just one that has the TOL logo on it.

Keep the $10, Jaltus, just tell 'em I'd like a T-shirt.

:crackup:

rapt

EVERY cult leader has SOME truth. Luther was no exception. But Luther's gospel was NOT the gospel of God. He despised the warnings to the church throughout the bible; he disliked the book of Hebrews, James, and 2Peter. All of those books DENY his accursed gospel.

Here are some of the passages that Luther despised, and is it any wonder? Even today those that exalt Luther as a man of God deny or ignore these scriptures. This first chapter describes such false teachers as Luther:
2 Peter 2
1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:

8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)

9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.

12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;

14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:

15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray,
following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;

16 But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb *** speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet.

17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever.

18 For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.

("Sin vigorously...commit adultery 100 times a day and as many murders"

"...an epistle of straw".

)

19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.

20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

James 2:14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can (dead) faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food,

16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

(The internet just went down, so I couldn't post verses from Heb 3 and Rev 2 and 3)

s9s27s54

Originally posted by Arminian
Man, this folder really got off the topic.

Btw, Jaltus promised to send me $10 if I voted for him. Did anyone else get their money?

Ok so it was fixed from the start. I see how you are.

Ian Day

Trail of blood

Trail of blood

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

From time to time I have recommended a book by a calvinist:
"The Reformers & Their Step-children", L. Verduin, Eerdmans who did his research on these forgotten people in 1950.

Huldrych

Originally posted by rapt
Luther rejected certain books of the bible, yet included them in the canon because a bible without them would never have been accepted by the people.

Talk about conspiracy theories... Like Pilgrimagain said, facing both excommunication and death, and sticking to his conscience even when his contemporaries disagreed with him (e.g. Zwingli), is pretty convincing evidence that he wasn't into it for the popularity.

He WISHED THEY WERE ALL DEAD, and gave such "advice" to his followers. That's quite a bit worse than deciding to merely "pout and and throw temper tantrums over them". I certainly wouldn't have wanted to be a Jew and live in Luther's jurisdiction! Talk about authoritarian cults! Both Luther and Calvin acted out the practices of many popes...murder in Christ's name.

The emotional appeal approach is very flashy, good for drama and entertainment, but it doesn't convince those who prefer substance. Do you have proof that he actually took part in the killing of any Jew (or anyone, for that matter) during his time, or are you just venting some pent-up frustration?

I know Luther spoke against icons, but when people started going to extremes by wrecking sanctuaries, I think he saw how his words were taken and changed his tone, even rebuking them for doing it (which is what any responsible shepherd would do). In the same vein, I seriously doubt he took pleasure in the death of anyone.

But, if you can provide some historical record to the contrary, I'll be happy to consider your stance above the basic rant.

Blessings,
jth

Huldrych

No greased palm here!

No greased palm here!

Originally posted by s9s27s54

Ok so it was fixed from the start. I see how you are.

Nope, no votes bought from this Scot-Brit-Kraut white boy. Jaltus was simply better at presenting his argument.

It wasn't exactly evenly matched, I think most saw that plainly enough.

jth

P

Pilgrimagain

It looks like this new bloke, Solly, might be able to hold up his end though.

s9s27s54

Re: No greased palm here!

Re: No greased palm here!

Originally posted by Huldrych

Nope, no votes bought from this Scot-Brit-Kraut white boy. Jaltus was simply better at presenting his argument.

It wasn't exactly evenly matched, I think most saw that plainly enough.

jth

Exactly. A professional and a novice. It really wasn't fair. I wanted to compare bibles. Did we do that? No.

s9s27s54

Originally posted by Pilgrimagain
Well he did.
If you're talking about Jaltus comparing bibles, no he didn't. I wanted to compare verse by verse. KIng James versus the newer translations. That's why I started they way I did.

rapt

s9, if comparing bibles was your intention, you should have made that clear in your first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.