Baptists Assemble!!!!!!!!!

vfirestormv

Baptist: One God in three persons, One gospel, Jesus fully man fully God, We are covered by the blood of Christ if we receive him into our heart through faith in his grace, the Bible is inspired by God, Baptism by water is not required for salvation but is a picture of the salvation you receive.

That would be me as well.

musterion

Christ chose to come to a world full with darkness. He fellowshiped with the tax collector and whores. MAD would know that if the read the first four books of the NT, instead the break it into parts as if the were to good to share salvation with Israel.

You're missing his point.

musterion

So what group of Christians are you in unity with in your town? Probably none.

Would it impact her salvation if she wasn't? Say, in good conscience she couldn't attend a local church because she's convinced they all preach various forms of false doctrine with regard to the Gospel. Should she suck it up and attend anyway? Or have nothing to do with their deeds?

(sorry to use you as an example, Heir)

vfirestormv

Would it impact her salvation if she wasn't? Say, in good conscience she couldn't attend a local church because she's convinced they all preach various forms of false doctrine with regard to the Gospel. Should she suck it up and attend anyway? Or have nothing to do with their deeds?

I can agree with that, I would not attend somewhere that taught contrary to my beliefs.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He fellowshiped with the tax collector and whores.

That was then. He was showing they would be saved by him. Now he says do not keep fellowship with them. So how do you preach to them since they are not to be invited to your service?

journey

So are there any Baptist groups?.. Preferably not MAD Baptists...

If there is not a group someone with more options should start one.(HINT: Lifetimers) :)

Jesus Christ has already formed an eternal fellowship called the "fellowship of the mystery". It's His Church, and Jesus Christ Himself is the head of it. It's a Church not made with human hands called the Church which is the Body of Christ. It's a "mystery" because it wasn't made known to men of other ages. 100% of the members of the Body of Christ are saved. There is one baptism, and it isn't with water, rather by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost.

Ephesians 3:9 KJV And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Titus 3:4-7 KJV But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared, 5 Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; 6 Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour; 7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

ARMcCarley

That was then. He was showing they would be saved by him. Now he says do not keep fellowship with them. So how do you preach to them since they are not to be invited to your service?

Invite them to a MAD forum? No, do as Christ did. I'll go with the last.

vfirestormv

We are not to fellowship as in do the things that they do. We are still to witness to them. If that were the case how would anyone ever hear the gospel?

musterion

Ambassadors are sent to the ones their Master wants greeted on His behalf. Does anyone here seriously expect unbelievers to have to come to a local assembly (Christ's embassy) to hear His Gospel? Yeah it can and does happen, but is that to be the rule or the exception? Are the ambassadors expecting them to come seeking us at the embassy, or are we to seek them wherever they may be found?

heir

TOL Subscriber

no prob. The answer:

2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

ARMcCarley

Ambassadors are sent to the ones their Master wants greeted on His behalf. Does anyone here seriously expect unbelievers to have to come to a local assembly (Christ's embassy) to hear His Gospel? Yeah it can and does happen, but is that to be the rule or the exception? Are the ambassadors expecting them to come seeking us at the embassy, or are we to seek them wherever they may be found?

The question was would an unbeliever be welcomed at my church, not do we go out of the church and witness.

Daniel1611

There are independent Baptist churches that are not MAD Zionists. But I'd venture to guess most official "denominations" of Baptist churches are MAD or tolerant of MAD. I personally would not attend a MAD church because I find racism repugnant.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Invite them to a MAD forum? No, do as Christ did. I'll go with the last.

He said do not go with them. He preached after he was resurrected. I gave you the exact verse stating to disregard the red letters for your doctrine.

musterion

There are independent Baptist churches that are not MAD Zionists. But I'd venture to guess most official "denominations" of Baptist churches are MAD or tolerant of MAD. I personally would not attend a MAD church because I find racism repugnant.

What racism.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Reformed as in Reformed Protestant Faith.

To be more specific, we, as all genuine Reformed Protestants do, adhere to the Westminster Confession of Faith, as well as the Three Forms of Unity, which are the Belgic Confession, the Heidelberg Confession, and the Canons of Dordt.

All of which doctrinally accord with the London Baptist Confession of Faith.
Anything, but the unity of the Spirit (Ephesians 4:1-6 KJV). :sigh:

Nang

TOL Subscriber

Most Southern Baptists are Dispensationalists, but that does not equate with hyper-dispies like MAD.

I know of no MAD churches. I do not believe they exist, because MAD are anti-sacramental, and anti-establishment, and anti-church in spirit.

MAD is not a spiritual movement, but purely humanistic and Gnostic.

MAD is not historically known within Christendom, until only the last decade or so.

They are a cult. Not genuine Christianity. No matter how much they holler about being the Body of Christ . . . they are not anything of the kind.