Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knight,
Is there a way to do Capitalone online banking from my User CP? I'd like to be able to check on new messages and pay bills from one convenient interface. It'd probably be helpful if you could embed a Wendy's interactive drive-thru menu in the "...and the rest" forum, too.

Thanks,
Randy

Could subscribers have their own personal musical theme for their profile page? (if so, Rachmaninoff's Prelude in C# for me please :upright:...or Safety Dance)...could the neg/pos rep check box include an "I'm not sure how I feel about this but I think it's important to be open about my ambivalence" option? :thumb:

And could new subscribers get a complimentary pony? :think:

Or at least have their faces painted?
:chuckle: Let me see what I can do.

always_learning

chickenman, I'm thinking I could not integrate the Capitalone banking into your user control panels soon after my non-take-over of Knight's duties as administrator... Be sure to not watch for an update.

In fact, if you provide me with your account number(s), I'll make this all not happen much faster. :think:

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
chickenman, I'm thinking I could not integrate the Capitalone banking into your user control panels soon after my non-take-over of Knight's duties as administrator... Be sure to not watch for an update.

In fact, if you provide me with your account number(s), I'll make this all not happen much faster. :think:

Wrong thread, al. :chuckle:

always_learning

Wrong thread, al. :chuckle:

I was thinking as a part of my not taking over Knight's position, I should be answering the questions that are not addressed to me in my new position...

But maybe I just need to start a "Don't Ask aways_learning" thread. That way I can answer all the questions forum-wide that are not addressed to me! This could be fun :)

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
On your other point....

I agree a Facebook style "status" would be really cool. I have thought about that idea many times. If I get some time maybe I will look into it again. Thanks for reminding me.
:thumb:

I'd like to see this place become the most interesting social networking site on the web. Because it has the features of all the others, with the added bonus of forums, so you can actually get to know the people who aren't your friends, and maybe they will become your friends.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I fixed it for you, to reflect the other very important change Knight is considering.

I'd like to see this place become the most interesting social networking site on the web. Because it has the features of all the others, with the added bonus of forums, so you can actually get to know the people who aren't your friends, and maybe they will become your friends and everyone can do online banking together from their User CPs.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Almost had it there, cm, but don’t worry, I finished fixing it. :think:
I fixed it for you, to reflect the other very important change Knight is considering.

I'd like to see this place become the most interesting social networking site on the web. Because it has the features of all the others, with the added bonus of forums, so you can actually get to know the people who aren't your friends, and maybe they will become your friends and everyone can do online banking together from their User CPs or just hang out and talk about their free ponies and/or cool temporary, water soluble facial tattoos.

Prolifeguyswife

I second the pony idea. And the Wendy's Drive-Through. My dear friend, the Prince of Nigeria, really liked the community online banking idea. :thumb:

patman

iPhone Theme?

iPhone Theme?

Ok I have a serious one this time...

Are there any BB themes formated especially for the iPhone that you could install on TOL?

I would like to link TOL to my iPhone apps(if that's ok), but the current theme (while awesome on computers) is pretty hard to navigate on the iPhone...

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yes, more skins! Especially one for nighttime viewing, that has an all black background with white text, or something similar.

AMR

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
:rolleyes:

Knight-
I was considering some of these things last night, and was wondering if there was a way to limit the ability to receive private messages, profile messages and such things from only those on your friends list.

I know putting someone on your ignore list blocks them from these things, and even blocks their reps from showing up on your list [even though you still receive the effect upon to your rep points and power]. But if it could be limited to only those on your friends list, that would be much better. And also if people had to accept friend requests. Of course, we do have something similar to that already, don't we?

This way people would only be friends with the people they want to be friends with. Which is the nice thing about the forums. You can actually get to know a person to a degree so you know if you would actually want to be their friend.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ok I have a serious one this time...

Are there any BB themes formated especially for the iPhone that you could install on TOL?

I would like to link TOL to my iPhone apps(if that's ok), but the current theme (while awesome on computers) is pretty hard to navigate on the iPhone...
Have you tried using the TOL Lightweight skin? That's what I use on my iPhone.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yes, more free ponies! Especially one for nighttime riding, that has a brown coat with white spots, or something similar and did I mention face painting, because that's a brilliant idea. I mean, whoever thought of that should probably be given a special recognition and...um, an extra pony, maybe.

AMR
No need to thank me, AMR...virtue is its own reward. :eek:

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Hmmm..... that's an interesting idea.
I liked the idea as well. It can be especially good if you don't have sufficient lighting in your computer room. Which I don't, after the sun begins to set. And I can imagine it would be worse if there weren't enough windows in here, for the daytime. Or if there weren't any that faced the right direction.

always_learning

Yes, more skins! Especially one for nighttime viewing, that has an all black background with white text, or something similar.

AMR

You could do one of those cool themes where it changes to meet current weather and day/night conditions for your area - blue when it's raining, dark for at night, twilight theme, sunrise theme.... it could even ban us when the weather's too nice to be on TOL :)

patman

Have you tried using the TOL Lightweight skin? That's what I use on my iPhone.

Yes.

I just find myself constantly zooming, tapping, and flipping. Answering posts is tricky too (it zooms to far), at least for me :dunce:

Status
Not open for further replies.