Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
~*~*~

Hello Knight,

Do you know if there is a page-limit in the archives of our visitor messages? - like if it reaches up to only 50 pages, etc....from whence older posts are automatically purged? or does it continue indefinitely???
I was just wondering because I sometimes place links there for later reference.

Thank you,

paul
I do not believe there is a page limit.

Lon

Knight:

How can we link to One-on-One's or BR quotes (feature doesn't allow us to hit 'quote').

I tried and my link is broken :(

I think it'd be a great asset to know as we post in discussion threads.

Thanks Knight

(I know I'm [really] bugging you now)

I figured it must be so easy that nobody but me would have a problem with it, and why I didn't get an answer, so I tried again.

Yes, I believe that if you can make your case without appeal to these attributes....

Basically, just take the postreply #'s and set them off of the author of the quote=JCWR (example) with semicolon and paste the #'s (1924968 in this example-together being "quote=JCWR;1924968" within the brackets[]).

Is that about how you would have told me to do it?

Thanks for making me work hard at it. Sometimes the best answer is to make people figure it out for themselves so they don't forget.

Now I can quote BR's and 1on1's.

Lon

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is that about how you would have told me to do it?
W00t w00t! :thumb:

Another way is to hit the "quote" button on any post with content that you wish to quote, this which will create the quote code you described. Then you can merely delete the content you don't want to quote etc.

Lon

W00t w00t! :thumb:

Another way is to hit the "quote" button on any post with content that you wish to quote, this which will create the quote code you described. Then you can merely delete the content you don't want to quote etc.

Thanks. Okay, with BR's and 1on1's there isn't a quote feature? Is this for advanced subscriptions? I can't seem to find them and I did a double-take after your post. :eek:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Thanks. Okay, with BR's and 1on1's there isn't a quote feature? Is this for advanced subscriptions? I can't seem to find them and I did a double-take after your post. :eek:
Oh yeah... because those threads are closed.

Good job working around it. :up:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Man...when you two get going on technical matters this thread really sings...:plain:...it's almost as much fun as programming in FORTRAN. :shocked: :chuckle:

Almost forgot to stay on topic...:think:

So Knight, read any good books lately? :poly:

Lon

Man...when you two get going on technical matters this thread really sings...:plain:...it's almost as much fun as programming in FORTRAN. :shocked: :chuckle:

Almost forgot to stay on topic...:think:

So Knight, read any good books lately? :poly:

I think he was reading Fortran 101 along with me (or was it C++?).

Just to liven things up a bit, I think I'll proceed to Basic, Pascal, or Java.

Glad it was just as much fun for you as for us :D

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
I don't know how to read. I went to public school.
You know, I actually went to a public school first, for a month or so. And the teacher complained to my dad that I wasn't learning to read. So he pulled me out. The next year he put me in a private school. I still have the document stating my achievement as the best reader in my class.

Status
Not open for further replies.