Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight,

Do rubber leisure suits chaffe everyone, or is it just me?

chickenman :chicken:

Truppenzwei

Supreme Goombah of the Goombahs
LIFETIME MEMBER
Question:

I was given two (2) infraction points to expire Oct. 14 for allegedly making a "racist comment or reference" in post #73 on April 17 in the thread entitled "Arrogant Americans, Mr. President?" in the Politics forum.

Could you please explain to me what is "racist" about this post.

Thanks.

it's probably where you seemed to call someone Brownie.

Regards
T.

Mr. 5020

Question:

I was given two (2) infraction points to expire Oct. 14 for allegedly making a "racist comment or reference" in post #73 on April 17 in the thread entitled "Arrogant Americans, Mr. President?" in the Politics forum.

Thanks.
You called a Hispanic member of TOL "Brownie."

Seems simple enough. :nono:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56402

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No need to create a new thread when this one will do the trick...

Okay, Knight,

Learn me this word you invented. What is "snardblat?"
Snardblat is my word for compatiblism.

Many settled theists appeal to compatiblism when faced with the two mutually exclusive ideas: perfect exhaustive foreknowldge and man's ability to make his own choices apart from God's decree. To me that's just plain silly, it's as if they are saying.... I realize these two idea's are logically incompatible but if I paste the word "compatiblism" on top of it I can merely assert that they are not logically incompatible. :dizzy: The word "compatiblism" doesn't help to explain the contradiction in any shape or form, instead it's merely used in an attempt to cover the obvious problem.

It's like saying... these two mutually exclusive items are not mutually exclusive because I said so.

The word to cover the problem wouldn't need to be "compatibilism" the word could be anything! Therefore I invented the word "snarblat" and I have defined it as follows:

Snardblat
adjective. Snardblat is a word that means that two logically incompatible ideas are now compatible. When snardblat is invoked, mutually exclusive concepts are no longer mutually exclusive.

Isn't that great???

If there is ever a time that you are stuck in a argument and have painted yourself into a corner with a contradictory position you can simply claim.... "Snardblat"!

Snardblat and compatibilism are synonyms.

assuranceagent

:think: Hmm...it's like a superhero special attack...

...I like it! :thumb:

I suppose one man's snardblat is another's clear distinction between knowledge and determinism...

jeneve

still struggling along here. How do we find out who gives up reps, and how do we respond back to them? A few people have asked me questions, but I don't even know who, much less give a response.
:confused:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
still struggling along here. How do we find out who gives up reps, and how do we respond back to them? A few people have asked me questions, but I don't even know who, much less give a response.
I am not sure if I now what you are talking about.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Snardblat is my word for compatiblism.

Many settled theists appeal to compatiblism when faced with the two mutually exclusive ideas: perfect exhaustive foreknowldge and man's ability to make his own choices apart from God's decree. To me that's just plain silly, it's as if they are saying.... I realize these two idea's are logically incompatible but if I paste the word "compatiblism" on top of it I can merely assert that they are not logically incompatible. :dizzy: The word "compatiblism" doesn't help to explain the contradiction in any shape or form, instead it's merely used in an attempt to cover the obvious problem.

It's like saying... these two mutually exclusive items are not mutually exclusive because I said so.

The word to cover the problem wouldn't need to be "compatibilism" the word could be anything! Therefore I invented the word "snarblat" and I have defined it as follows:

Snardblat
adjective. Snardblat is a word that means that two logically incompatible ideas are now compatible. When snardblat is invoked, mutually exclusive concepts are no longer mutually exclusive.

Isn't that great???

If there is ever a time that you are stuck in a argument and have painted yourself into a corner with a contradictory position you can simply claim.... "Snardblat"!

Snardblat and compatibilism are synonyms.
And to think, I was there when this word was invented. Sitting in your kitchen.

Once you are here long enough, and have enough posts you will see who it was that repped you. Until then you just have to hope they sign their name.

JGL53

Repeat posting of my previous post #4287:

Question:

Thanks.

That's way too long ago for me to remember.

Fair enough - you are a busy guy and the burden is on me to provide you with the relevant post so that we can know exactly to what I refer. It is post #73 on page fiveof the thread entitled "Arrogant Americans, Mr. President? - here:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56343&page=5

This post was in reply to post #72 by “The Bearen” which was:

"Hi TH,

I just wanted to comment on this. I don't think Obama statement "In America, there is a failure to appreciate Europe's leading role in the world." is quite accurate. Firstly, who is he referring to? Is he implying that only conservatives hold this view? All of America? I seriously doubt that. I'm a conservative and I don't hold to such views. As part of my job I've had the opportunity to travel to places like Russia, Kazakhstan, and French Guiana. I've also worked with many French engineers and project managers over the years. There's always been respect between us and our European counterparts. My company works closing with several European aerospace companies. As far as business goes there is a close tie between the US and Europe."

My reply in post #73 as you can see was:

"I assume he meant Bush, Jr. and the tards who still think he was a heck of a President, Brownie."

So – what exactly is the racist part of my post. I would be most grateful to find out exactly how I was being racist in any way, shape, form or fashion.

My extreme curiosity here is NOT based on the fact, per se, that I received two infraction points for this post. I accept the fact that you are completely free to give me a infinite infraction points on any post of mine, or ban me immediately and forever at any second for any reason, real or imagined.

My curiosity is based on wondering how and why you think this post is racist – since I am not a racist, or an ethnocentricist, or a xenophobe, or anything like that whatsoever. In fact, to the contrary of what you accuse me of, I actually always try to be politically correct when it comes to ethnic or skin color identification issues.

So thanks in advance for enlightening me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_D._Brown
….Resignation from FEMA
On September 12, 2005, in the wake of what was widely believed to be incompetent handling of the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina and facing allegations that he had falsified portions of his résumé, Brown resigned, saying that it was "in the best interest of the agency and best interest of the president."[14]. His credibility with the public was further shaken when it emerged that he had had no emergency management experience before joining FEMA. The Boston Herald revealed that Brown had previously spent 11 years overseeing horse trial judges and stewards for the Arabian Horse Association, and that the Association had asked him to resign.[15]
By the time he resigned from FEMA, Brown had already been discharged from his functions as coordinator of the federal efforts in New Orleans and Gulf Coast by Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff and was sent back to Washington to continue FEMA's central operations. Bush, who had appointed Brown in 2003, praised Brown shortly after the storm hit, saying "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job,"[

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56343&page=5

JGL53

it's probably where you seemed to call someone Brownie.

Regards
T.

Surely you jest. I "seemed" to call someone Brownie? Well, if true then I’d have to say that THAT was a heck of misunderstanding. LOL.

Actually I was making what I thought to be an OBVIOUS reference to the QUITE WQELL KNOWN statement by George Bush, Jr. during the Katrina fiasco. You know, it was all in the news for quite a while.

In fact, if you put the words in quotes in google "Heck of job, Brownie", you should get about 13,000 hits.

You can read about it here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_D._Brown

quote:

….Resignation from FEMA
On September 12, 2005, in the wake of what was widely believed to be incompetent handling of the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina and facing allegations that he had falsified portions of his résumé, Brown resigned, saying that it was "in the best interest of the agency and best interest of the president."[14]. His credibility with the public was further shaken when it emerged that he had had no emergency management experience before joining FEMA. The Boston Herald revealed that Brown had previously spent 11 years overseeing horse trial judges and stewards for the Arabian Horse Association, and that the Association had asked him to resign.[15]
By the time he resigned from FEMA, Brown had already been discharged from his functions as coordinator of the federal efforts in New Orleans and Gulf Coast by Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff and was sent back to Washington to continue FEMA's central operations. Bush, who had appointed Brown in 2003, praised Brown shortly after the storm hit, saying "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job..."

Also, it is on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO2xi0uLnj8

I thought was as well known as any Bushism to date. After all, Brownie did anything but a heck of a job.

BTW, Michael D. Brown is white, not Hispanic. Brownie was Bush’s nickname for Mr. Brown.

And I have no way of know the racial identity of “The Bearen”, nor would I care for any reason. Is “The Bearen” Hispanic? If so, how would I know that?

JGL53

You called a Hispanic member of TOL "Brownie."

Seems simple enough. :nono:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56402

Questions:

Have you owned a television set for the last four years, do you get cable, do you regularly watch ANY news broadcasts.

Have you read ANY newspaper on a regular basis over the past four years, especially the general news and political sections?

Have you read any political news magazine on a regular basis over the past four years?

Have you read news sources on the internet on a regular basis over the last four years?

If you answser "yes" to any of the above questions, then I am confused. Somehow you completely missed the infamous "Heck of job Brownie" statement by Bush, Jr.? You had NO clue to what I was referring and ACTUALLY thought I was making a racist comment about someone's Hispanic heritage - someone whose actually racial heritage I am completely ignorant of, as I have no ready means of ascertaining it?

Well.

I do believe the word “simple” is the operative word in your case.

Good choice.

JGL53

Maybe he just meant to imply that he was baked. :idunno:

I've wondered about a few around here, myself... :plain:

And maybe I implied nothing whatsoever.

Maybe I was making a Bush reference that is as well known as "Mission Accomplished" or "People misunderestimate me".

Could that have been possible? :dizzy:

JGL53

So it's substantively on par with most of your writing then...:plain:

As long as your oblique insults don't include accusing me of ridiculousness like racism or child molestation or pushing little old ladies in front of buses then fire away. The mud will always blow back on you.

BTW, you're a member of Mensa, right?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
As long as your oblique insults don't include accusing me of ridiculousness like racism or child molestation or pushing little old ladies in front of buses then fire away.
Strengthening your obliques is essential for a strong, caustic core.

Status
Not open for further replies.