Are there Saints In Heaven? Poll Question

Are there Saints In Heaven? Poll Question

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

popsthebuilder

Let's look at a different version.

"No one has ascended into heaven except the one who descended from heaven — the Son of Man." (John 3:13 NET)
Your point?

Number one is that the Christ is telling Nicodemus that he isn't of GOD and that is the reason he doesn't understand.

Number two; Son of Man doesn't refer to Jesus of Nazareth alone, but all those who are of the Spirit of GOD, by His sovereign Will and province. Indeed it would be a true statement to say that all are the son of man......and woman, yet granted, not in a theological sense perhaps.

My point stands.

Jesus never implied that Enoch was dead in spirit. That is an atrocious thing to say to me.

Why does it bother people that people have, in times past; even before Jesus, pleased GOD.

If Abraham isn't in heaven, if Job isn't in heaven, if Enoch and Noah and Elijah John the baptizer aren't in heaven now, at this time, then it stands to follow that all experience death for some term.

This is not my admittance that Enoch died, as there will not be one of those.

So many, so very stuck on their own preconceptions. May the Spirit of GOD guide each of us into harmonious accord one with another, removing doubt and building faith in Christ and the Way by the Will of GOD to the glory of GOD alone.

peace

Rosenritter

5) By faith Enoch.was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

Now read that verse along with the other two that say he was translated and didn't see death.

If you still conclude that he did not go to be with GOD then we have nothing further to speak about regarding it.

We disagree.

My position on the matter is verified with at very least three verses specifically stating that he did not die.

How do you answer the direct statement from Paul in that same chapter where he picks five examples of people that all died, Enoch being one of them? Why did he pick Enoch for his list? I'm not seeing where you're actually addressing the points raised (in the hidden or spoiler portions).

Rosenritter

So translate means die now? You have the definition yourself yet refuse to hear it.

What gives?

I didn't say translate means died. I gave you every instance where that same word is used in the New Testament. I see none of those cases where a meaning of "ascended to heaven" would be warranted. Bones were translated when they were moved from one spot to another, for example.

You had originally used the word "transfigured" ... but that doesn't mean "ascended to heaven" either. I think you might be confusing the terms in your reading.

Rosenritter

Why must Christ arise?

Christ arises because if they destroy this temple, in three days he shall raise it up again... and also because as the Sun of Righteousness, he arises with healing in his wings. Either or both meanings, although I am inclined towards the second being more applicable to the Psalm.

Joh 2:19 KJV
(19) Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.

Mal 4:1-2 KJV
(1) For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
(2) But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.

Rosenritter

Really? Jesus refuted it.

"No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven." (John 3:13)

For some reason, in these discussions, it seems to always be ignored when scripture specifically refutes the claim being made. The tradition seems to be so important that it is allowed to replace the actual words...

Rosenritter

You are entrapped. I will ignore all your posts where you do Satan's will.

Wow, Theology Online just thanked me for deducting reputation points from you! :) How polite of them.

So ... if you respond to this post, you are admitting that deducting the reputation points is not Satan's will, but at the very least the will of Theology Online.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Christ arises

Jesus is in his temple, but he will arise to descend.

"Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, who also said, 'Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.'" (Acts 1:9-11)

"For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first."
(1 Thessalonians 4:16)

God's Truth

Wow, Theology Online just thanked me for deducting reputation points from you! :) How polite of them.

So ... if you respond to this post, you are admitting that deducting the reputation points is not Satan's will, but at the very least the will of Theology Online.

You do exactly as Satan wants you to do, even bringing Theology Online in on it.

God's Truth

Jesus is in his temple, but he will arise to descend.

"Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, who also said, 'Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.'" (Acts 1:9-11)

"For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first." (1 Thessalonians 4:16)

Jesus is 'in' his temple?

God's Truth

I never said our spirit doesn't live on after physical death.

You are confused.
Are you kidding? You have been thanking people who say we do not go to heaven after the death of our bodies. You have been publicly agreeing with them.

I said I don't think we instantly go to heaven upon physical death; not that our spirit or soul doesn't live upon the death and after the death of our physical body.
Well where do you think our spirits go then?

I'm not going to accuse you.
You are not going to accuse me about what?

I understand that it was miscommunication; most likely due to my own incomplete or hasty response to a question or notion.

To be clear; I do not refute the fact that there is a heaven or that those pleasing to GOD are either there now or will be at some later time.

I never said our soul or spirit doesn't live on past our death.

peace sister

You still are being vague. Why are you deliberately trying to be confusing?

You know where that comes from, right?

Watch how simple it is:

I believe when we die physically, we go to either heaven or prison/hell.

God's Truth

What do you mean by that friend?

Rosenritter says our spirits cease to exist after the death of our physical bodies.

You have agreed with Rosenritter many times after he/she said that.

The spirit cannot die.

You both have expressed the belief of the doctrine of death, and you both have argued against the spirit of humans living on in consciousness after the death of the physical body.