Anybody know much about Islam?

egyptianmuslim

Christian.
It is worse to 'act' as if God is impotent than to say what one does seems to indicate that truth. IOW, it is a comment on what Muslim actions mean. If you have to enforce God's directions for Him, you are, in my opinion, over asserting your own authority and importance. You are actually interjecting yourselves between God and man and not allowing God to do anything Himself. My point? --> I think you don't trust God as much as Christians do with God.
I'm saying I think 'you Muslims think, God is less potent.' Look at your verses from the Quran now below:

First of all, this part of the Quran echo's both the Jewish Torah and the New Testament:

This part of the Quran agrees with Christianity:

But Christianity goes further, you, the Muslim are not to carry out God's vengeance or judgment:
Rom 12:16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight.
Rom 12:17 Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all.
Rom 12:18 If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.
Rom 12:19 Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord."
Rom 12:20 To the contrary, "if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head."
Rom 12:21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
1Pe 3:9 Do not repay evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary, bless, for to this you were called, that you may obtain a blessing.
1Pe 3:10 For "Whoever desires to love life and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit;
1Pe 3:11 let him turn away from evil and do good; let him seek peace and pursue it.
1Pe 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayer. But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil."
1Pe 3:13 Now who is there to harm you if you are zealous for what is good?
1Pe 3:14 But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them, nor be troubled,
1Pe 3:15 but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,
1Pe 3:16 having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame.

I believe that too, but why kill or persecute a nonMuslim if God is merciful? Do you not wish to be like that? How Merciful is He to you? 2 Peter 3:9

I have answered, only one who is born-again is a Christian. One is not born a Christian, He / she must become a Christian by God's hand. Most do agree though 'how' this happens is not all agreed upon. We all believe it is by God, but argue over percentages: How much is by God, how much is by man to become a Christian but we all mostly agree about being born again. It is God changing our hearts and minds.
All muslims don't agree killing of innocents even in war condition.
I don't know what do you mean by the words"born again"

Apple7

All of us are punishable but God is the Punisher.
Who is Christ
Who is Jesus
Who is the Christian

The originator of our Faith is God in the flesh, Jesus Christ, who was crucified until death upon The Cross, and Resurrected to eternal life.

The originator of your faith is a fictitious mortal character that is still dead and still buried.

See the stark contrast here?

Apple7

Who is Jesus

One at a time, like you requested.

Let's reply with what your Koranic Arabic defines Jesus as...

عيسى = “eesa”

“eesa” definition:

Plural. Proper name; Jesus. Second declension: Jesus, our Savior. Having a white color inclining towards black or reddish white, or white. Whiteness mixed with somewhat of red hue; whiteness in which is a mixture of clearness with slight darkness; or yellowish whiteness.

References:
An Arabic-English Lexicon, E.W. Lane, volume five, p. 2210
The Dictionary of the Holy Qur’an, 1st edition, Abdul Mannan Omar, pp. 396 - 398
A Dictionary and Glossary of the Koran, John Penrice, p. 103
Concordance of the Koran, Gustav Flugel, pp. 134 – 135

Per the classic Lexicons, and besides the obvious definition of 'Savior', the term “essa” seems to refer to a color.

As we can see, the colors of red and white predominate. Think sacrificial lamb.

Also “essa” is plural….rather odd for a personal name…unless, of course, the authors indeed understood who Jesus really is…

egyptianmuslim

The originator of our Faith is God in the flesh, Jesus Christ, who was crucified until death upon The Cross, and Resurrected to eternal life.

The originator of your faith is a fictitious mortal character that is still dead and still buried.

See the stark contrast here?
The faith is of/from God , not from Muhammed or Jesus both are alarm for the day of God.

Apple7

The faith is of/from God , not from Muhammed or Jesus both are alarm for the day of God.

You know even less about your Koran than you do about the Holy Bible.

Hebrews informs the reader that Jesus is the ORIGINATOR of our faith.

This then...according to your very own response, makes Jesus God!

egyptianmuslim

You know even less about your Koran than you do about the Holy Bible.

Hebrews informs the reader that Jesus is the ORIGINATOR of our faith.

This then...according to your very own response, makes Jesus God!

Not true that jesus is the originator of your faith because the early followers of Jesus after his rising were Jews attending the temple , Peter was one of them.

Apple7

Not true that jesus is the originator of your faith because the early followers of Jesus after his rising were Jews attending the temple , Peter was one of them.

Looking to the Originator and Finisher of our faith, Jesus, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, "and sat down at the right" of the throne of God. (Heb 12.2)

Apple7

One at a time, like you requested.

Let's reply with what your Koranic Arabic defines Jesus as...

عيسى = “eesa”

“eesa” definition:

Plural. Proper name; Jesus. Second declension: Jesus, our Savior. Having a white color inclining towards black or reddish white, or white. Whiteness mixed with somewhat of red hue; whiteness in which is a mixture of clearness with slight darkness; or yellowish whiteness.

References:
An Arabic-English Lexicon, E.W. Lane, volume five, p. 2210
The Dictionary of the Holy Qur’an, 1st edition, Abdul Mannan Omar, pp. 396 - 398
A Dictionary and Glossary of the Koran, John Penrice, p. 103
Concordance of the Koran, Gustav Flugel, pp. 134 – 135

Per the classic Lexicons, and besides the obvious definition of 'Savior', the term “essa” seems to refer to a color.

As we can see, the colors of red and white predominate. Think sacrificial lamb.

Also “essa” is plural….rather odd for a personal name…unless, of course, the authors indeed understood who Jesus really is…

Cat got your tongue again, EM...?

Reactions: Lon

Lon

All muslims don't agree killing of innocents even in war condition.
Well, there is a lot of loadeds there. You are saying "innocents" but Christians are not innocent in a Muslim country. If you are against the majority of Muslims, I couldn't be happier, though. You need to understand, though, that most of your Muslim counter-parts don't hold Christians innocent. The Quran does say to protect Christians who are pacifists, but it is odd then, to throw them in jail for talking about Christ. Even the Quran talks about Christ. Simply shutting off disagreement, is bad for Muslims too, but they will never understand this when they are bombing them in parks and beheading them and putting them into prison and sentencing them t

I don't know what do you mean by the words"born again"
Joh 3:3
Jesus answered him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."
Joh 3:4
Nicodemus said to him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?"
Joh 3:5
Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6
That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7
Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
Joh 3:8
The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit."
Joh 3:9
Nicodemus said to him, "How can these things be?"
Joh 3:10
Jesus answered him, "Are you the teacher of Israel and yet you do not understand these things?
Joh 3:11
Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know, and bear witness to what we have seen, but you do not receive our testimony.
Joh 3:12
If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things?
Joh 3:13
No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.
Joh 3:14
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up,
Joh 3:15
that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.
Joh 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Joh 3:17
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

egyptianmuslim

Well, there is a lot of loadeds there. You are saying "innocents" but Christians are not innocent in a Muslim country. If you are against the majority of Muslims, I couldn't be happier, though. You need to understand, though, that most of your Muslim counter-parts don't hold Christians innocent. The Quran does say to protect Christians who are pacifists, but it is odd then, to throw them in jail for talking about Christ. Even the Quran talks about Christ. Simply shutting off disagreement, is bad for Muslims too, but they will never understand this when they are bombing them in parks and beheading them and putting them into prison and sentencing them t

Joh 3:3
Jesus answered him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God."
Joh 3:4
Nicodemus said to him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?"
Joh 3:5
Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.
Joh 3:6
That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
Joh 3:7
Do not marvel that I said to you, 'You must be born again.'
Joh 3:8
The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit."
Joh 3:9
Nicodemus said to him, "How can these things be?"
Joh 3:10
Jesus answered him, "Are you the teacher of Israel and yet you do not understand these things?
Joh 3:11
Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know, and bear witness to what we have seen, but you do not receive our testimony.
Joh 3:12
If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe, how can you believe if I tell you heavenly things?
Joh 3:13
No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.
Joh 3:14
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up,
Joh 3:15
that whoever believes in him may have eternal life.
Joh 3:16
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Joh 3:17
For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.
Shortly and simply , does the history say that Muhammed fought the arabic christians"they were living near Yamen" ?? The answer is no.
There is daily killing of innocent muslims due to terrorism much much more than occured in western countries.
Can I understand "born again" as spiritual growth.
Can he join army as a fighter?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lon