Anti-Gay Tennessee School Denies Admission to Child of Gay Parents

TracerBullet

No, not true. I am against third party reproduction for heterosexuals. That's another story. I am not out to attack gays.

you have no problem with infertile heterosexuals getting married. Double standard.

And for all your talk about families and children you don't give 2 cents for for families like the one in the OP

PureX

No, not true. I am against third party reproduction for heterosexuals. That's another story. I am not out to attack gays.
What makes you think you should have any say at all in when or how other people reproduce?

GFR7

What makes you think you should have any say at all in when or how other people reproduce?
We all of us can hold an opinion. And other countries do have severe restrictions concerning such procedures; in the US, the money and profit come first. Not so elsewhere.

PureX

We all of us can hold an opinion.
Sure. But I wasn't asking you about having opinions. I was asking you why you think you have the right to force your opinions about procreation on others.
And other countries do have severe restrictions concerning such procedures; in the US, the money and profit come first. Not so elsewhere.
Other countries also allow their citizens to behead each other in the streets. Can you explain how the behavior of other countries justifies your willingness to force your opinions about procreation on others?

Last edited:

GFR7

Sure. But I wasn't asking you about having opinions. I was asking you why you think you have the right to force your opinions about procreation on others.
Other countries also allow their citizens to behead each other in the streets. Can you explain how the behavior of other countries justifies your willingness to force your opinions about procreation on others?
I don't. I can't: I can only attempt to persuade, and hope higher powers legislate.

Beheading is not akin to protecting the rights of unborn children from third party reproduction policies, aimed at the desires of adults.

resodko

BANNED
Banned
got belgium on my mind ever since i mentioned "in bruges" on kat's thread the other day

i think i'll cue it up on putlocker! :thumb:

PureX

I thought I just needed to brush up on my beheading countries facts :think:

From wikipedia:

Saudi Arabia has a criminal justice system based on a hardline and literal form of Sharia law reflecting a particular state-sanctioned interpretation of Islam.

The death penalty can be imposed for a wide range of offences[5] including murder, rape, false prophecy, blasphemy, armed robbery, repeated drug use, apostasy,[6] adultery,[7] witchcraft and sorcery[8] and can be carried out by beheading with a sword,[9] or more rarely by firing squad, and sometimes by stoning.

The 345 reported executions between 2007 and 2010 were all carried out by public beheading.[10] The last reported execution for sorcery took place in August 2014.[11][12] There were no reports of stoning between 2007 and 2010,[10] but between 1981 and 1992 there were four cases of execution by stoning reported.[13]

Crucifixion of the beheaded body is sometimes ordered.[8] For example, in 2009, the Saudi Gazette reported that "An Abha court has sentenced the leader of an armed gang to death and three-day crucifixion (public displaying of the beheaded body) and six other gang members to beheading for their role in jewelry store robberies in Asir."[14] (This practice resembles gibbeting, in which the entire body is displayed).

In 2003, Muhammad Saad al-Beshi, whom the BBC described as "Saudi Arabia's leading executioner", gave a rare interview to Arab News.[6] He described his first execution in 1998: "The criminal was tied and blindfolded. With one stroke of the sword I severed his head. It rolled metres away...People are amazed how fast [the sword] can separate the head from the body."[6] He also said that before an execution he visits the victim's family to seek forgiveness for the criminal, which can lead to the criminal's life being spared.[6] Once an execution goes ahead, his only conversation with the prisoner is to tell him or her to recite the Muslim declaration of belief, the Shahada.[6] "When they get to the execution square, their strength drains away. Then I read the execution order, and at a signal I cut the prisoner's head off," he said.[6]

As of 2003, executions were not announced in advance and could take place any day of the week. As a consequence of this and their status as the "only form of public entertainment" in Saudi Arabia "apart from football matches", they often generate large, quickly gathering crowds. Also as of 2003, photography and video of the executions was forbidden.[4]

Because these executions have to be public, and because they draw such huge crowds if they're announced, or if they happen regularly in a specific place, the Saudis have recently begun doing it unannounced, in the middle of busy intersections. (I'm not making this up!)

resodko

BANNED
Banned
besides, i was really looking forward to proof of reciprocal beheadings, as purexcrement claimed

"...to behead each other..."

TracerBullet

gosh - normal people should enjoy different legal protections than perverts enjoy?

quick, go tell the pedophiles :chuckle:

So you want me to tell you that criminals like child abusers forfeit many of their rights and legal protections?

It's an odd request as the sexual abuse of children has nothing to do with this topic.

PureX

I don't. I can't: I can only attempt to persuade, and hope higher powers legislate.
But in hoping that the government will control the lives of others, for you, because they don't agree with your opinions about procreation, you are not only hoping to abuse those others, you are hoping to abuse the government, as well.

Why do you assume that you have that right? Even if you think they're sinning, and going to go to hell, why do you think it's your place to stop them?
Beheading is not akin to protecting the rights of unborn children from third party reproduction policies, aimed at the desires of adults.
Sharia law involves lots more than just beheading people. It involves all kinds of punishments for all kinds of "sins". And it's all based on the principal of one group's religious beliefs being forced on everyone else. Christians wanting to use the power of government to force everyone else to live by their religious laws is no different than Muslims using the power of government to force everyone else to live by theirs.

Would you support Muslims in this country trying to use the power of our government to enforce Sharia law on everyone? And on you? Would you see them as good citizens as they actively work to negate the principals of equality and liberty that our nation was founded upon?

So why shouldn't I and everyone else consider you to be just as much a traitor to the nation and my freedom as we would consider them to be?

I don't mind your having an opinion. No matter what it is. And I'll even fight for your right to assert it, whether i agree with it, or not. But when you think it's OK to use the power of our government to force everyone who disagree with your opinions to comply with them, you have become a traitor to my freedoms and to this whole country. Because that's not what we do, here. We don't use the power of government to oppress and deny the rights of those we disagree with.

Crowns&Laurels

BANNED
Banned
Should the child pay for the "sins" of his fathers?

This is something misleading as well. In the Old Testament, the sentiment that a child pays for the sins of the father is in a natural tone altogether- a bad disposition of a child is wrought by the sin of the father, and that is very much true today among Christians.

The augmentation of Christ takes away the ancestral curse and threat of damnation, but the wound is still there needing to be mended.