Anti-Gay Tennessee School Denies Admission to Child of Gay Parents

GFR7

Don't be deliberately stupid, GFR, it doesn't suit you.:yawn:
:think: Well, I am more than a bit suspicious of their agenda. Gay people have the right to live their lives, without being subject to arrest or alienation. But they are a tiny minority, and they appear to want to set the majority standard.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Well, I am more than a bit suspicious of their agenda.

Your paranoia doesn't prove every gay man and woman in America has an "agenda."

Gay people have the right to live their lives, without being subject to arrest or alienation.

That is gosh darn generous of you.

But they are a tiny minority, and they appear to want to set the majority standard.

It'd only appear that way to someone who's deranged. What they want is to be treated as the majority already is, and that's a distinction you people simply can't or won't understand.

GFR7

Granite said:
Your paranoia doesn't prove every gay man and woman in America has an "agenda."
Advocacy has an agenda; they admit it. I ain't paranoid, hun.

That is gosh darn generous of you.
Want to go back to the days of jailing them for sodomy?

It'd only appear that way to someone who's deranged. What they want is to be treated as the majority already is, and that's a distinction you people simply can't or won't understand.
That's the crux. They should not be treated as the majority is when it comes to marriage. Your side cannot see that this is truth, justice, and NOT inequality. Because you have departed from reason, and use passion as your guide: Plato warned against just this.

Granite

Hall of Fame

Maybe not, but you're creepy as hell.

What kind of stupid question is that? Seriously.

That's the crux. They should not be treated as the majority is when it comes to marriage.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Says you. Says people like you. Says ignoramuses like you. I've had enough of this arrogant, flippant, pig-headed, stiff-necked stupidity, and I dismiss it out of hand. "Uh-uh" is what you people have to offer as an argument when all's said and done. You lost. Deal with it.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
It's the obvious agenda which irks me (of which same sex marriage is a vehicle):

1. They pick a Christian school, of course.

2. And one of the gay Dad's is a pastor.

So we can see where this is going:

Places of faith will ultimately be viewed as being unfairly discriminatory, thus changing the whole meaning of Christianity.......:think:

2015-01-22-1658181_10204985871699016_3381728215997127586_o-thumb.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jamie...ol-_b_6523968.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000050

The meaning of Christianity is found in Jesus. And Jesus was socially promiscuous when it came to the people rejected by the priests and the Roman Empire.

Today's believers are frightened of those who are different. The stranger is ignored and often shunned.

GFR7

Granite said:
Maybe not, but you're creepy as hell.
:(

What kind of stupid question is that? Seriously.
:(

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Says you. Says people like you. Says ignoramuses like you. I've had enough of this arrogant, flippant, pig-headed, stiff-necked stupidity, and I dismiss it out of hand. "Uh-uh" is what you people have to offer as an argument when all's said and done. You lost. Deal with it.
Nobody loves me :cry: :cry: :cry:

TracerBullet

That's the crux. They should not be treated as the majority is when it comes to marriage. Your side cannot see that this is truth, justice, and NOT inequality. Because you have departed from reason, and use passion as your guide: Plato warned against just this.

The constitution guarantees everyone has the same rights, responsibilities and legal protections. EVERYONE. That includes minorities.

What you want is to make gays second class citizens and you want to give yourself the special right to discriminate. All of which demonstrates how your earlier claim that gays shouldn't be subject to alienation is just a big fat lie.

GFR7

The constitution guarantees everyone has the same rights, responsibilities and legal protections. EVERYONE. That includes minorities.

What you want is to make gays second class citizens and you want to give yourself the special right to discriminate. All of which demonstrates how your earlier claim that gays shouldn't be subject to alienation is just a big fat lie.
No, NO, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:nono::nono:

shagster01

Why doesn't the school just accept the child and inform the parents that they do teach that being gay is a sin and wrong?

They do have a right, as a private school, to refuse this kid. But why? It's not his fault his dads are gay. You'd think they'd want to reach out to him so that he doesn't follow that same path if they truly believed it's wrong.

It's not like other parents aren't sinners there.

GFR7

Why doesn't the school just accept the child and inform the parents that they do teach that being gay is a sin and wrong?

They do have a right, as a private school, to refuse this kid. But why? It's not his fault his dads are gay. You'd think they'd want to reach out to him so that he doesn't follow that same path if they truly believed it's wrong.

It's not like other parents aren't sinners there.
They probably assume (rightly) that the parents would find this intolerable. The question is, why didn't the gay Dads find a nice, private, progressive private liberal school for their children, and teach them their kind of faith at home?

shagster01

They probably assume (rightly) that the parents would find this intolerable. The question is, why didn't the gay Dads find a nice, private, progressive private liberal school for their children, and teach them their kind of faith at home?

Well, like nearly all of these cases, I think both sides are showing lack of common sense.

dreadknought

It's the obvious agenda which irks me (of which same sex marriage is a vehicle):

1. They pick a Christian school, of course.

2. And one of the gay Dad's is a pastor.

So we can see where this is going:

Places of faith will ultimately be viewed as being unfairly discriminatory, thus changing the whole meaning of Christianity.......:think:

2015-01-22-1658181_10204985871699016_3381728215997127586_o-thumb.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jamie...ol-_b_6523968.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000050
What about the child's rights to know, straight up, about "
natural law" without being unnecessarily conflicted? Yeh, not PC.

GFR7

What about the child's rights to know, straight up, about "
natural law" without being unnecessarily conflicted? Yeh, not PC.
I gave up bringing up natural law theory. It remains jailed up in my mind as a personal secret in these discussions.

genuineoriginal

The meaning of Christianity is found in Jesus. And Jesus was socially promiscuous when it came to the people rejected by the priests and the Roman Empire.

Jesus wanted everyone to repent, so they would not die.

2 Peter 3:9
9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.​

Homosexuals want no one to repent, so everyone would die.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think if the dad was already a pastor, he should have known that Christians generally believe homosexuality to be wrong. So the desire to get his child into a good Christian school is somewhat self-defeating. He can't want both.
I don't know about the law in your country sufficiently to comment on whether the school's constitution was illegal due to it discriminating against homosexuals. I can see that in my country it would be viewed as discriminatory. But I think the dad must at very least have been totally naive to expect that a Christian school would take them on in their situation.
Aside the law, I feel that people generally should have the right to association. And if Christians want to associate to form a school with Christian ideals and practices, I would support that.

PureX

In Tennessee? My guess is the parents were just trying to get their kid into a good Christian school, and this was the only option.

I went to a Catholic grade school, and there were a couple of Jewish kids there because it was a good private school.

Granite

Hall of Fame

Sure, 'cause that's so gosh darn easy to find in a state like Tennessee.

Idiot.