Anti-Gay Tennessee School Denies Admission to Child of Gay Parents

kmoney

Hall of Fame
BBM - Yes, a very good point you make there. :up:
The only thing I can think of is, adultery and divorce would appear as errors or mistakes or failures,
and are not being celebrated? :think:

Right, separated parents because of adultery isn't a lifestyle.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Why doesn't the school just accept the child and inform the parents that they do teach that being gay is a sin and wrong?

They do have a right, as a private school, to refuse this kid. But why? It's not his fault his dads are gay. You'd think they'd want to reach out to him so that he doesn't follow that same path if they truly believed it's wrong.

It's not like other parents aren't sinners there.

Other parents are sinners but are other parents living a lifestyle that goes against what most of Christianity believes?

They are indirectly refusing the child because of directly refusing the parents.

But I can understand the idea that they could still accept the child to teach him what they think is right, and perhaps could even indirectly influence the parents.

Although, perhaps they also don't want to be seen as being hypocritical by teaching against homosexuality and then profiting from a homosexual couple. :idunno:

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Well, like nearly all of these cases, I think both sides are showing lack of common sense.

The article in the opening post said the school was recommended to the parents by a friend so it might not have been a common sense problem on their side.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The article in the opening post said the school was recommended to the parents by a friend so it might not have been a common sense problem on their side.

Possibly. But in that case the friend ought to have known better as well. And from the dads' perspective, especially the one who was a pastor, you wouldn't just apply for a school on the basis of a friend's recommendation. You would still check out the school for yourself. Also, if the friend recommended it, this belies the suggestion that there was no available choice.

TracerBullet

No, untruth - believing the worst of me - these hurt. :cry:

you promote discrimination and prejudice. You take every opportunity to attack gays. You hold double standards. If are upset that people believes the worst of you then you need to start by looking at what you are presenting to people.

GFR7

you promote discrimination and prejudice. You take every opportunity to attack gays. You hold double standards. If are upset that people believes the worst of you then you need to start by looking at what you are presenting to people.
I have a problem with SSM only. I have supported you in public and private, outside of this issue. :nono:

Crowns&Laurels

BANNED
Banned
Homosexuality being a mortal sin is incontrovertible. Having two fathers as a home unit, with one being a 'senior pastor' is by reason something that cannot be supported.

If some churches want to harbor homosexuals and call sin good, then so be it, but just because you dye your feathers doesn't mean you are part of the flock.

And that's something that proper Christian establishments understand, and they will not negotiate with it- which is what the said gay parents are asking for- for them to negotiate.
It is also a threat in disguise: negotiate with us or we will have liberals marching in front of your lawn, as is the usual.

It's funny how they don't like Christians speaking on what goes on in a bedroom, but like this here, they have everything to say about what happens in a Christian institution.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I don't understand such speech. Marriage is for procreation - gays should be glad to be left out of it. Civil Unions are the wave of the future..............

And you're kind of an idiot if that's the best you got.

Crowns&Laurels

BANNED
Banned
On the matter of marriage being for procreation:
It's very misleading to put it that way. Marriage is what it is revealed to be in Genesis- Eve was created because God saw that man should not be alone.

Now, procreation is ultimately a part of marriage- it is supposed to be that married couples have children. In fact, consummating marriage was going ahead and beginning that legacy, but during a time when it was not just a tradition but actually necessary for families' futures.

Anyway, it is an unneeded argument- marriage is a blessing and God does not bless sin.

GFR7

On the matter of marriage being for procreation:
It's very misleading to put it that way. Marriage is what it is revealed to be in Genesis- Eve was created because God saw that man should not be alone.

Now, procreation is ultimately a part of marriage- it is supposed to be that married couples have children. In fact, consummating marriage was going ahead and beginning that legacy, but during a time when it was not just a tradition but actually necessary for families' futures.

Anyway, it is an unneeded argument- marriage is a blessing and God does not bless sin.
OK - what I meant was that the state has an interest in marriage only insofar as it orders procreation, which is the result of men and women coming together.

TracerBullet

OK - what I meant was that the state has an interest in marriage only insofar as it orders procreation, which is the result of men and women coming together.

we've been down this road before. You want procreation tied to marriage but only for the minority you want to discriminate against.

GFR7

we've been down this road before. You want procreation tied to marriage but only for the minority you want to discriminate against.
No, not true. I am against third party reproduction for heterosexuals. That's another story. I am not out to attack gays.