Anti-Gay Tennessee School Denies Admission to Child of Gay Parents

GFR7

It's the obvious agenda which irks me (of which same sex marriage is a vehicle):

1. They pick a Christian school, of course.

2. And one of the gay Dad's is a pastor.

So we can see where this is going:

Places of faith will ultimately be viewed as being unfairly discriminatory, thus changing the whole meaning of Christianity.......:think:

Married couple Brian Copeland and Greg Bullard have been searching for the perfect school to send their young son. Their first priority in seeking a quality education, was a place that would be safe for their child -- a school where their family would be welcomed. Additionally, as Greg is Senior Pastor at a local church, a school where a focus on faith was also important.

So Brian asked a friend about Davidson Academy, a Christian school with no direct affiliation to any religious organization or church. The friend seemed to think the school would be very amenable to a family like theirs, in fact a representative from Davidson had told this friend exactly that when they inquired.

Much to the couple's surprise, following a telephone call to the school, they received a letter stating unequivocally that they were not welcome to even meet with the headmaster.

2015-01-22-1658181_10204985871699016_3381728215997127586_o-thumb.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jamie...ol-_b_6523968.html?ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000050

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
While they may not realize it, this is a positive outcome for the child who has been rejected.

The parents should be glad that they found out the administration is willing to intentionally and emotionally abuse prospective students (CHILDREN) by using their parents as a weapon against them.

I wonder if the staff has any children of broken homes virtue of adultery? Oh wait, that doesn't count. I wonder why? :think:

Of course it's all about the children.

Jose Fly

If it's a purely private school that doesn't take any public money, they can admit or not admit whoever they want.

Granite

Hall of Fame
"Loving parents assume other Christians wouldn't be jerks" is what occurred to me at first. More fools them. They should've known better, especially in a state like Tennessee.

GFR7

While they may not realize it, this is a positive outcome for the child who has been rejected.

The parents should be glad that they found out the administration is willing to intentionally and emotionally abuse prospective students (CHILDREN) by using their parents as a weapon against them.

I wonder if the staff has any children of broken homes virtue of adultery? Oh wait, that doesn't count. I wonder why? :think:

Of course it's all about the children.
BBM - Yes, a very good point you make there. :up:
The only thing I can think of is, adultery and divorce would appear as errors or mistakes or failures,
and are not being celebrated? :think:

PureX

It's the obvious agenda which irks me (of which same sex marriage is a vehicle):

1. They pick a Christian school, of course.

2. And one of the gay Dad's is a pastor.

So we can see where this is going:
Right, because it's NEVER the homophobe's fault, it's always the fault of those who dare to challenge them.

GFR7

"Loving parents assume other Christians wouldn't be jerks" is what occurred to me at first. More fools them. They should've known better, especially in a state like Tennessee.
Mayhap. :think: Or maybe they knew the school would react thusly, and wanted to point that out?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If it's a purely private school that doesn't take any public money, they can admit or not admit whoever they want.

I absolutely agree. It's their right. However, their *right* does not hide the fact of why they are doing this.

They wish to punish the parents by hurting their child. They believe if the child is traumatized enough via the rejection, they will turn on their parents.

Granite

Hall of Fame
Mayhap. :think: Or maybe they knew the school would react thusly, and wanted to point that out?

...which is directly at odds with the story you linked to, unless of course you just assume they're lying.:yawn:

Frankly, your whole attitude's totally bizarre. "A pastor wanted to send his kid to a Christian school? How dare!"

PureX

I absolutely agree. It's their right. However, their *right* does not hide the fact of why they are doing this.

They wish to punish the parents by hurting their child. They believe if the child is traumatized enough via the rejection, they will turn on their parents.
I doubt there's that much thinking involved. The legitimacy of gay parents challenges their sense of self-righteousness, and they can't tolerate that being challenged. That's about as far as it goes, I suspect.

Jose Fly

I agree that it's a jerk move, but as this board testifies, when it comes to "the gays" fundamentalists have no problem with being jerks.

There's a state legislator in Oklahoma who introduced a bill that would take the pay, benefits, and retirement from any state employee who had anything at all to do with a same sex wedding. That's childish vindictiveness on a whole new level.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I agree that it's a jerk move, but as this board testifies, when it comes to "the gays" fundamentalists have no problem with being jerks.

There's a state legislator in Oklahoma who introduced a bill that would take the pay, benefits, and retirement from any state employee who had anything at all to do with a same sex wedding. That's childish vindictiveness on a whole new level.

While I agree with the sentiment, I will just point out that every cloud has a silver lining. The silver lining belongs to the would-be students (of both heterosexual and homosexual parents) who will be forewarned of this schools disdain towards select children.

Jose Fly

While I agree with the sentiment, I will just point out that every cloud has a silver lining. The silver lining belongs to the would-be students (of both heterosexual and homosexual parents) who will be forewarned of this schools disdain towards select children.
Yep. Basically the school has "outed" itself. :chuckle:

GFR7

...which is directly at odds with the story you linked to, unless of course you just assume they're lying.:yawn:

Frankly, your whole attitude's totally bizarre. "A pastor wanted to send his kid to a Christian school? How dare!"
Right, they could be lying...... :think: Mmmm hmmmm.

republicanchick

Yes, and this is the reason, in a nutshell, we should all OPPOSE government... well, just government whatever...

as they say

the one with the gold makes the rules...

++