Allah Islam Muslim

CherubRam

The Arabic Jews, Christians and Pagans during the life of Muhammed did call Him as Allah.

what is the meaninig of Yahwah?
They were forced to convert at the point of a sword. The Jews and Catholics believe in concealing Gods personal name. I do not hold to that belief.

The name Yahwah means (Life Began) or (Life's Beginning)

drbrumley

Christians can and indeed should use Allah when speaking in Arabic to refer to the God of Bible. However, if we’re speaking in Arabic, we must work hard to make our audience understand that the Allah we’re referring to is revealed to us preeminently in Jesus Christ and is known through the testimony of Scripture.

Is “Allah” God?

egyptianmuslim

It is not enough to know the personal name of God. Do you keep His moral commands? And what about His seventh day Sabbath? Do you show your love for Him by keeping His Sabbath? And now we are under a New Covenant. Do you believe that Yahshua is Yahwah's messiah? Are you aware that the Koran conflicts with the bible. You can not serve two masters. You can only be one or the other.

You can open a new thread to compare between Both Quran and bible?

CherubRam

Christians can and indeed should use Allah when speaking in Arabic to refer to the God of Bible. However, if we’re speaking in Arabic, we must work hard to make our audience understand that the Allah we’re referring to is revealed to us preeminently in Jesus Christ and is known through the testimony of Scripture.

Is “Allah” God?
Allah is the contracted form of Alilah.
Allah is the name of a Pagan god. How far do you think you will get calling on a Pagan god.

Apple7

In Hebrew there is the word "I," but there is no such words as "I am."

’Eh·yeh' is often rendered as 'I Am' in the Hebrew.

"I am" is an interpretation for "I Lived" also here in John 8. I Lived" is the trans-literal.

John 8:58
New International Version (NIV)
58 “Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!”

In Matthew 26 and Mark 14 we have the same story with two different acknowledgements.

Matthew 26
62 Then the high priest stood up and said to Jesus, "Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?"

63 But Jesus remained silent. The high priest said to him, "I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God."

64 "Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

Mark 14:60
Then the high priest stood up before them and asked Jesus, "Are you not going to answer? What is this testimony that these men are bringing against you?"

61. But Jesus remained silent and gave no answer.
Again the high priest asked him, "Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?"

62. "I am," said Jesus. "And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

Yahshua was asked if he was the messiah, for which he answered, yes.

(HA-YAH / the living) (ASHER / That) (HA-YAH lives)

picture.php

Abraham saw Jesus in the OT…

Your father Abraham leaped for joy that he should see My day, and he saw, and rejoiced. Then the Jews said to Him, You do not yet have fifty years, and have You seen Abraham? Jesus said to them, Truly, truly, I say to you, Before Abraham came to be, I AM!

(John 8.56 – 58)

Compare…

Gen 15.1 - 7

After these things The Word of Yahweh came to Abram in a vision, saying, Do not fear, Abram; I am your shield, your reward will increase greatly. And Abram said, Lord Yahweh, what will You give to me since I am going childless and the son of the inheritance of my house is Eleazar of Damascus? And Abram said, Behold! You have given no seed to me; and lo, the son of my house is inheriting of me! And behold! The Word of Yahweh came to him saying, This one shall not be inheriting. But he that shall come forth out of your own bowels shall be your heir. And He brought him outside and said, Look now at the heavens and count the stars, if you are able to count them. And He said to him, So shall your seed be. And he believed in Yahweh. And He counted it to him for righteousness. And He said to him, I am Yahweh who caused you to come out of Ur of the Chaldeans, to give you this land to inherit it.

Immediately, we can see what it was that made Abraham’s belief in God so special…he believed in The Word of Yahweh (i.e. The Word of God)….i.e. The Second Person of The Trinity, Jesus Christ!

Apple7

Quran17|110|Say (unto mankind): Cry unto Allah, or cry unto the Beneficent, unto whichsoever ye cry (it is the same). His are the most beautiful names. And thou (Muhammad), be not loud voiced in thy worship nor yet silent therein, but follow a way between.

Why do you insist on adding words in parenthesis which simply do not appear in the original language...?

Apple7

Because the Speaker is One.

No.

Its because the authors that penned your Koran were early Arab Christians.

The Koran never claims to be divinely inspired, thus, we should not expect that it is.

It is, however, a paraphrased rendition of the Holy Bible, set to rhyme, and out of order.

Thus...the Holy Bible is required to correct and clarify the Koran in ALL manner of things.

CherubRam

I agree with You , but Yahshua died as one of Jews he did not tell any new covenant.

Jeremiah 31:31
“The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah. ( Israel the nation, and Judah the faithful.)

Jeremiah 31:32
It will not be like the covenant I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them,” declares the Lord.

Zechariah 11:10
Then I took my staff called Favor and broke it, revoking the covenant I had made with all the nations.

Zechariah 2:11
“Many nations will be joined with the Lord in that day and will become my people. I will live among you and you will know that the Lord Almighty has sent me to you.

Matthew 26:28
This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

Mark 14:24
“This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many,” he said to them.

Luke 22:20
In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you.

Apple7

It is convenient, when making a baseless statement, to say "it is well-known". It sounds so authoritative.

Ok...I should say that its well known amongst Biblical scholars.

I would expect Jews to be ignorant to this fact...just like Muslims are ignorant to the fact that their Koran was copied from the Holy Bible, etc, etc...