ECT All Things Are Lawful For Me

God's Truth

Look at the workers for Satan, they come to accuse and tell us to do burdensome things that Jesus never tells us all to do.

Just like Satan when he was trying to tempt Jesus in the desert.

5 Then the devil took him to the holy city and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. 6 “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down. For it is written:

“‘He will command his angels concerning you,
and they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’”

Examine yourself, Musterion.

musterion

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by God's Truth

Show the scripture where Jesus tells everyone in the world to sell all they have and give it to the poor.
Show the Scripture that says,

quote_icon.png

We have to obey everything we are taught in the Bible.

Interplanner

They need to be read with wisdom and that means an experienced Christian, a mentor, a guide. For ex., 'sell all you have and give to the poor' was said to one ruler in 1st century Judea. That does not make it apply to all christians everywhere at all times. It applies to his kind of problems, presumptions.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You cannot cut out any scripture, not even one.

The Bible plainly says
Romans 5:18-19 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Interplanner

(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
(19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

That's right, Tam, unless the person says they don't need it. As in I tim 2, or Col 1.

Jerry Shugart

Did you read how Paul says not having his own righteousness WHICH IS OF THE LAW?

That is about HOW THE JEWS USED TO HAVE to make/work at making THEMSELVES righteous before God, they got circumcised and did the other purification/ceremonial works. THAT IS HOW THE LAW said to do it...

Here Paul speaks of "the works of law" and according to him the law is the knowledge of sin:

"wherefore by works of law shall no flesh be declared righteous before Him, for through law is a knowledge of sin" (Ro.3:20).​

It is the moral law which is the knowledge of sin, as witnessed by what Paul said later in the same epistle:

"What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet" (Ro.7:7).​

Paul says that it was the moral law (thou shalt not covet) which resulted in him having the knowledge of sin. So in the following verse when Paul refers to "law" he is referring to the moral law:

"wherefore by works of law shall no flesh be declared righteous before Him, for through law is a knowledge of sin" (Ro.3:20).​

Therefore, Paul is saying that no one is declared righteous in the eyes of God by keeping the moral law. then just eight verses later Paul makes it plain that a person's justification is apart from the works of the same law, the moral law:

"therefore do we reckon a man to be declared righteous by faith, apart from works of law"
(Ro.3:28).​

According to your ideas the "works of law" refers to the ceremonial law but there is no evidence at all that those ordinances resulted in anyone receiving the knowledge of sin. But you will deny what Paul says about the works of law at Romans 3:20 being in regard to the moral law because your denial of the grace of God is based on that discredited idea!

So when Paul says the following about his own righteous the reference is to the moral law, not the ceremonial law, as you imagine:

"And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faithfulness of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith"
(Phil.3:9).​

Last edited:

Jerry Shugart

God only gives His Spirit and understanding to those who obey.

Again, you deny the things which are "freely" given to us.

You also deny the fact that the Spirit comes to those who believe:

"O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of law, or by the hearing of faith? Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?"
(Gal.3:1-3).​

Here we see that the Spirit is received by faith. According to your foolish ideas no one can receive the Spirit except by obeying, which is something which is done through the flesh.

Last edited:

God's Truth

They need to be read with wisdom and that means an experienced Christian, a mentor, a guide. For ex., 'sell all you have and give to the poor' was said to one ruler in 1st century Judea. That does not make it apply to all christians everywhere at all times. It applies to his kind of problems, presumptions.

Exactly.

Jesus was laying the foundation and preached to some people who might become a traveling minister with him.

It was a very special time, to say the least, when Jesus came to earth. That is the most important time ever. God in the flesh was in front of these people.

Jesus did not expect all to leave their family, home, and work; but he did expect some to do that.

We are not to put anyone or anybody before God, but that does not mean God does not want anyone to have a family, home and work.
During the laying of the foundation, some disciples were traveling ministers, but certainly not all had to do that.

God's Truth

The free gift is to those Jesus chooses to give it.

Think about it harder.

Who are these people the free gift is given to?

The message of the free gift is given to those who DO RIGHT:

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

Try to believe that first so that you can understand more.

musterion

Think about it harder.

Acts 13:26 "Fellow children of Abraham and you God-fearing Gentiles, it is to us that this message of salvation has been sent.

Acts 10:35 but that in every nation those who fear Him and live good lives are acceptable to Him.

quote_icon.png

Show the scripture where Jesus tells everyone in the world to sell all they have and give it to the poor.

quote_icon.png

We have to obey everything we are taught in the Bible.

God's Truth

That's right, Tam, unless the person says they don't need it. As in I tim 2, or Col 1.

I do not think that there is any Christian ever that says they do not need Jesus.

I have met those who claim to be saved that believe Jesus was not meant to be killed.

They do go against the fact that Jesus was the Lamb of God.

Tambora is trying desperately to claim somehow that I reject the blood of Jesus.

She is not speaking the truth about me.

She, like you, have a hard time understanding that Jesus saves us and cleans us all on his own, but he chooses those who obey.

Faith alone is dead and we have to have living faith to enter the grace God is offering to those who love Him by obeying Him.

People are stuck on the false teachings that it is somehow wrong to obey God; or more intricately...a wrong TIME to obey. That faith alone, dead faith, is not the secret most important faith ever known, it is DEAD.

I hope you all question what you so erroneously cling to.

It is never ever wrong to obey God.

It is not a secret faith revealed that says believing and doing no obedience is what saves.

Get a hold of yourselves.

musterion

I do not think that there is any Christian ever that says they do not need Jesus.

I have met those who claim to be saved that believe Jesus was not meant to be killed.

They do go against the fact that Jesus was the Lamb of God.

Tambora is trying desperately to claim somehow that I reject the blood of Jesus.

She is not speaking the truth about me.

She, like you, have a hard time understanding that Jesus saves us and cleans us all on his own, but he chooses those who obey.

Faith alone is dead and we have to have living faith to enter the grace God is offering to those who love Him by obeying Him.

People are stuck on the false teachings that it is somehow wrong to obey God; or more intricately...a wrong TIME to obey. That faith alone, dead faith, is not the secret most important faith ever known, it is DEAD.

I hope you all question what you so erroneously cling to.

It is never ever wrong to obey God.

It is not a secret faith revealed that says believing and doing no obedience is what saves.

Get a hold of yourselves.

quote_icon.png

quote_icon.png

We have to obey EVERYTHING we are taught in the Bible.

Are you another Meshak? Is there more than one person posting as G.T. and you don't keep track of what each other posts? Is that why you keep contradicting yourselves?

God's Truth

All should think about where this faith alone/faith only beliefs came from.

It came from misunderstandings about no one having to do the purification/ceremonial works.

God's Truth

Are you another Meshak? Is there more than one person posting as G.T. and you don't keep track of what each other posts? Is that why you keep contradicting yourselves?

How do you not see the difference between Meshak and me?

If you cannot even see the difference there, how can you understand the things of God?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Think about it harder.

The free gift is by the righteousness and obedience of one, not two.
Think about it harder.

(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.(19)For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Did you read that?
ONE, not two.
How you get that you can just add another to that one?
ONE, not two.

Jerry Shugart

The free gift of eternal life (Ro.6:23). is given to those who believe:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

It is also a fact that once the LORD gives this gift of eternal life he will not take it back:

"for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable" (Ro.11:29).​

Only those who have received the Spirit of God know about the things which are freely given to the true believer;

"Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God" (1 Cor.2:12).​

Since you know nothing about the things which are "freely" given to true believers then it is obvious you do not have the spirit which is of God.

You are on the outside looking in! Poor, poor, pitiful you!

God's Truth

The free gift is by the righteousness and obedience of one, not two.
Think about it harder.

(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.(19)For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

Did you read that?
ONE, not two.
How you get that you can just add another to that one?
ONE, not two.

That does not mean you do not have to obey Jesus.

How in the world do you get Jesus obeying means we don't have to?

Can you give a scripture that says that?

Give scriptures that say what you say to me.

For instance, give the scripture that says if you say you obeyed anything when you believed you are condemned.