ECT All Things Are Lawful For Me

God's Truth

Scripture says Judas repented. That is not in question.
The question to you was ---- what made his repentance too late?

The repentance was too late and ineffective because he didn't go to Jesus to repent, he went to the chief priest and elders.

No one but Jesus can save you. You must repent of your sins to Jesus and have faith that he will forgive you. You must come to him and be ready to obey him in all ways.

Judas did none of that, he did what most people do, they say they are speaking for Jesus but they themselves have never repented of their sins.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The repentance was too late and ineffective because he didn't go to Jesus to repent,
No, he repented BEFORE he went to the priest with the money.
And why would you say he had to go to Jesus? Do you think everyone that ever repented in the time Jesus was in the flesh on earth went directly to Him?
Come on!!!!

Think about it harder as to why it was too late.

God's Truth

No, he repented BEFORE he went to the priest with the money.
And why would you say he had to go to Jesus? Do you think everyone that ever repented in the time Jesus was in the flesh on earth went directly to Him?
Come on!!!!

Think about it harder as to why it was too late.

Everyone had to go through Jesus to remain God's.

We have to believe that Jesus forgives us of the sins we repent of doing.

Judas was not going to obey Jesus, he even went off and killed himself.

We have to obey.

God's Truth

"I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.

I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.

He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

Tambora, Judas did not do what Jesus says.

God's Truth

Did Jesus tell Judas to be a thief?

Did Jesus tell Judas all he had to do was believe?

Did Jesus tell Judas to repent to the chief priest and leaders?

Did Jesus tell Judas to kill himself?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Everyone had to go through Jesus to remain God's.
Well that doesn't mean they had to walk right up to Him and say their repentance to Him personally in the flesh, now does it?
Nor is there any scripture that says one had to personally walk up to the flesh body of Jesus in order to repent.

Now that that is out of the way, think harder ....... Why was the repentance of Judas too late?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Did Jesus tell Judas to be a thief?

Did Jesus tell Judas all he had to do was believe?

Did Jesus tell Judas to repent to the chief priest and leaders?

Did Jesus tell Judas to kill himself?
Did Jesus personally choose Judas to be one of His 12 disciples?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"I have revealed you to those whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours; you gave them to me and they have obeyed your word.

I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.

He replied, "Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it."

Tambora, Judas did not do what Jesus says.
Was not Judas one that the Father gave to the Son?

God's Truth

Well that doesn't mean they had to walk right up to Him and say their repentance to Him personally in the flesh, now does it?
Nor is there any scripture that says one had to personally walk up to the flesh body of Jesus in order to repent.

Now that that is out of the way, think harder ....... Why was the repentance of Judas too late?

Your little drum roll means nothing.

Judas would not have betrayed Jesus if he had repented of his sins.

It was too late and not good enough, for he went to the chief priest and he still had no intention of believing and obey.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It was part of the plan from the beginning.

It was to show people such as yourself that you have to repent of your sins if you say you belong to Jesus.
Seriously? You think that is why GOD gave Judas to Jesus?
Come on!

Did Peter walk up to the flesh body of Christ and repent to Him in person of denying Him 3 times and ask Him for forgiveness?

Satan entered both Judas and Peter, both disciples given to Jesus by the Father.

God's Truth

Seriously? You think that is why GOD gave Judas to Jesus?
Come on!

Did Peter walk up to the flesh body of Christ and repent to Him in person of denying Him 3 times and ask Him for forgiveness?

Satan entered both Judas and Peter, both disciples given to Jesus by the Father.

Say what you want to say so that I can hurry and rebuke you with the truth.

You have to hurry though because we have been on this topic for hours and I have to go.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Your little drum roll means nothing.

Judas would not have betrayed Jesus if he had repented of his sins.

It was too late and not good enough, for he went to the chief priest and he still had no intention of believing and obey.
Judas did repent.
And he repented before he took the money back to the priests.

It it not a question of whether Judas repented or not, we know he did because scripture says he did.

The question still remains, why was his repentance BEFORE he went to the priests too late?
Keep thinking .... a little harder this time.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Say what you want to say so that I can hurry and rebuke you with the truth.

You have to hurry though because we have been on this topic for hours and I have to go.
The truth is in scripture.
You have been shown that scripture says Judas repented BEFORE he went to the priests and BEFORE he hung himself.

So, WHEN he repented (which was before those things), what made his repentance too late?

God's Truth

The truth is in scripture.
You have been shown that scripture says Judas repented BEFORE he went to the priests and BEFORE he hung himself.

So, WHEN he repented (which was before those things), what made his repentance too late?

I have been telling you the truth this whole time and you are going to say how Jesus had not yet died.

What don't you get about people having to repent BEFORE Jesus came to earth, WHEN Jesus was on the earth, and AFTER he ascended---they, we, all of us---have to repent of our sins to be saved!

God's Truth

Jesus warns to repent OF SINS while he was on earth:

John 8:24 I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins."

John 8:21 Again He said to them, "I am going away, and you will look for Me, but you will die in your sin. Where I am going, you cannot come."

Luke 13:2 To this He replied, "Do you think that these Galileans were worse sinners than all the other Galileans, because they suffered this fate?

Luke 13:4 Or those eighteen who were killed when the tower of Siloam collapsed on them: Do you think that they were more sinful than all the others living in Jerusalem?

Luke 13:3 I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish.

John 5:14 Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, "See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you."

John 8:11 "No one, Lord." she answered. "Neither do I condemn you." Jesus declared. "Now go and sin no more."

God's Truth

Repent of sins before Jesus came to earth:

When the Bible tells humans to 'repent', it is about our stop doing our sins.

Way back in 1 Kings 8:47 and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captors and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong, we have acted wickedly’;

That is about REPENTING OF SINS.

You say we are only to have a change of heart about God. God says we are to have a change of heart about SIN.

2 Chronicles 6:37 and if they have a change of heart in the land where they are held captive, and repent and plead with you in the land of their captivity and say, ‘We have sinned, we have done wrong and acted wickedly’;

Job 34:33 Should God then reward you on your terms, when you refuse to repent? You must decide, not I; so tell me what you know.

What does Job say?

He says to REPENT of evilness.

Proverbs 1:23 Repent at my rebuke! Then I will pour out my thoughts to you, I will make known to you my teachings.

That scripture proves God gives understanding to those who obey.

Here, this scripture is going to explain it to you in the simplest form yet.

Isaiah 59:20 “The Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who repent of their sins,” declares the Lord.

Repent of their what?

Repent of their wickedness!

Jeremiah 8:6 I have listened attentively, but they do not say what is right. None of them repent of their wickedness, saying, “What have I done?” Each pursues their own course like a horse charging into battle.

More scripture about repenting from our SINS:

Ezekiel 18:30 “Therefore, you Israelites, I will judge each of you according to your own ways, declares the Sovereign Lord. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall.

God's Truth

Here are some words from the ascended Christ:

Revelation 3:3 Remember, therefore, what you have received and heard; obey it, and repent. But if you do not wake up, I will come like a thief, and you will not know at what time I will come to you.

Revelation 14:12 This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God’s commandments and remain faithful to Jesus

Revelation 2:5 'Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first; or else I am coming to you and will remove your lampstand out of its place-- unless you repent.

Revelation 3:19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent.

Revelation 9:20 The rest of mankind who were not killed by these plagues still did not repent of the work of their hands; they did not stop worshiping demons, and idols of gold, silver, bronze, stone and wood--idols that cannot see or hear or walk.
21 Nor did they repent of their murders, their magic arts, their sexual immorality or their thefts.

Revelation 16:10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony because of their sufferings and because of their sores, but nevertheless they still refused to repent of their deeds.

11 and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.

2 Corinthians 12:21 I am afraid that when I come again, my God may humiliate me before you, and I will grieve for many of those who previously sinned and have not repented of the impurity, sexual immorality, and licentiousness that they have practiced.

God's Truth

I have proven with scripture that people had to repent before Jesus came to earth, while Jesus was on earth, and after he ascended. Here are scriptures from the apostles about repenting of sins:

Paul teaches repent of sins:

Acts 20:21 I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

Acts 26:20 First to those in Damascus, then to those in Jerusalem and in all Judea, and to the Gentiles also, I preached that they should repent and turn to God and prove their repentance by their deeds.

Acts 17:30 Therefore, although God has overlooked such times of ignorance, he now commands all people everywhere to repent,

2 Timothy 2:25 Opponents must be gently instructed, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth,

2 Corinthians 12:21 I am afraid that when I come again, my God may humiliate me before you, and I will grieve for many of those who previously sinned and have not repented of the impurity, sexual immorality, and licentiousness that they have practiced.

Colossians 3:23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. 25 Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for their wrongs, and there is no favoritism.

Romans 2:5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6 God “will repay each person according to what they have done.” 7 To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8 But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger. 9 There will be trouble and distress for every human being who does evil: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile; 10 but glory, honor and peace for everyone who does good: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 11 For God does not show favoritism.