Addiction, addict = adjudged.

PureX

Heroin addicts differ from other types. A heroin addict is part of the walking dead. This addiction destroys the addict's capacity for God. Heroin addicts are rendered worthless by the heroin. They have no intrinsic value. They are by its very definition atheists.

Confessing atheists are deluded. Heroin addicts are the only real atheists that are possible. They have no intrinsic value and are damned.
You seem to be projecting some of your own baggage, here. Rather big-time!

For one thing, any of the heroin addicts I've known took whatever drugs he/she could get hold of. Not just heroin. Because what they were addicted to primarily was getting high, not necessarily getting high on heroin. Even if they preferred heroin.

I had a friend who was a heroin addict, and he admitted that he was as addicted to the danger of it as he was to the high. He used to deliberately load the needle to a very calculated point that he knew was equally as likely to kill him as it was to get him very high. The danger of plunging it into his arm knowing he might be dead in a few seconds added enormously to the rush of the drug hitting his blood steam.

These addictive phychopathologies are not simple, and they do not play out the same way for everyone. I think you need to set aside your bias and look at addicts as individuals. They are sick physically, mentally, and spiritually. And although their sicknesses are similar, none of them are exactly the same.

PureX

That's what an untreated alcoholic looks like, saved by religion but never addresses the personality problem that is alcoholism. They go from an obsession with booze to an obsession with religion. It's religious addiction.
Yes, it's just a transferred obsession with self. Being addicted to religion is better than being addicted to drugs, but it doesn't address the addiction, itself. To do that, the ego has to be 'broken', and then exposed for the delusion that it is.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
You seem to be projecting some of your own baggage, here. Rather big-time!

For one thing, any of the heroin addicts I've known took whatever drugs he/she could get hold of. Not just heroin. Because what they were addicted to primarily was getting high, not necessarily getting high on heroin. Even if they preferred heroin.

I had a friend who was a heroin addict, and he admitted that he was as addicted to the danger of it as he was to the high. He used to deliberately load the needle to a very calculated point that he knew was equally as likely to kill him as it was to get him very high. The danger of plunging it into his arm knowing he might be dead in a few seconds added enormously to the rush of the drug hitting his blood steam.

These addictive phychopathologies are not simple, and they do not play out the same way for everyone. I think you need to set aside your bias and look at addicts as individuals. They are sick physically, mentally, and spiritually. And although their sicknesses are similar, none of them are exactly the same.

Heroin addicts are not sick. They are damned. Without hope. They have no capacity for God.

PureX

Heroin addicts are not sick. They are damned. Without hope. They have no capacity for God.
Any kind of addict has little capacity for love (and therefor, God,) so long as they remain active in their addiction. Basically, it's because they are obsessed with their own "feelings". Specifically, with making themselves feel good, regardless of the realities or responsibilities of life. They often believe that they love others, intensely, but in fact it's more grandiose posturing and idealism than it is actual love.

In this sense, I agree with you. Addiction is an extremely self-centered condition. There isn't much room there for God, or for anyone else. I'm puzzled, however, why you are so focussed on heroin addicts. My experience is that addicts are addicts, and most of them are addicted to any number of activities and substances, simultaneously. And some of them are even addicted to other addicts.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
Any kind of addict has little capacity for love (and therefor, God,) so long as they remain active in their addiction. Basically, it's because they are obsessed with their own "feelings". Specifically, with making themselves feel good, regardless of the realities or responsibilities of life. They often believe that they love others, intensely, but in fact it's more grandiose posturing and idealism than it is actual love.

In this sense, I agree with you. Addiction is an extremely self-centered condition. There isn't much room there for God, or for anyone else. I'm puzzled, however, why you are so focussed on heroin addicts. My experience is that addicts are addicts, and most of them are addicted to any number of activities and substances, simultaneously. And some of them are even addicted to other addicts.

What you are saying applies to many forms of addiction but not to heroin addiction. All heroin addicts are the same. They are like zombies. They think and act alike. I'm telling you from my experience with them, they are true atheists. They may be the only true atheists out there.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What you are saying applies to many forms of addiction but not to heroin addiction. All heroin addicts are the same. They are like zombies. They think and act alike. I'm telling you from my experience with them, they are true atheists. They may be the only true atheists out there.

What does heroin have to do with atheism ? Do you think there are no addicted believers ? Heroin affects people of all faiths and beliefs.

dialm

BANNED
Banned
What does heroin have to do with atheism ? Do you think there are no addicted believers ? Heroin affects people of all faiths and beliefs.

Heroin is a pain killer. People who are susceptible to narcotics are in a lot of pain. The would be heroin addict is at the maximum amount of pain that they can tolerate.

And what is the source of all this pain?

The "fact" that there is no God. They may not be able to articulate this idea that has crept into their mind at first. But after spending some time alone with the heroin they always are able to formulate this atheistic thought pattern. It is an inherent part of this particular addiction.

PJ, what is the source of the source of the pain?

dialm

BANNED
Banned
There are surveys taken to see how many atheists there are, about 2 or 3 percent of the world population. This is a false reading. These surveys only give professing atheists. Not true believers who live the life of an atheist.

To tally the total number of atheists one must visit the heroin dens. That is the nesting place of true atheism and no other.