ECT Acts realism vs MAD theoretics: Acts 16:3

SimpleMan77

Please show us all where Peter preached "that Christ died for our sins" as the good news and power of God in Acts 2 and 3 when he was preaching to all the house of Israel. If it's all "the same gospel" as you say, you will have no problem showing it from the scriptures. We'll wait.

Peter preached remission of sins. No animal sacrifice, but instead told how remission of sins came through His name. Preaching Jesus was preaching Calvary.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

heir

TOL Subscriber
Peter preached remission of sins. No animal sacrifice, but instead told how remission of sins came through His name. Preaching Jesus was preaching Calvary.

You cannot show FROM THE SCRIPTURES where Peter preached "that Christ died for our sins" as the good news and power of God in Acts 2 and 3 when he was preaching to all the house of Israel because it's NOT THERE! Peter did not know the WHY of the cross!

SimpleMan77

You cannot show FROM THE SCRIPTURES where Peter preached "that Christ died for our sins" as the good news and power of God in Acts 2 and 3 when he was preaching to all the house of Israel because it's NOT THERE! Peter did not know the WHY of the cross!

I can read in about 5 minutes everything written there. The Bible says "with many other words" he preached to them. He preached his doctrine, which he later said was this:

1 Peter 1:18-20
Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Such hope! Such revealed grace! Such revelation about the purpose of the cross!

heir

TOL Subscriber
I can read in about 5 minutes everything written there.
Once again, you dodged my request. You cannot show it written there as it was not known (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV)! Peter's preaching in Acts 2 and 3 is not "the same gospel" as Paul preached as the power of God!

Right Divider

Body part
You mean to tell me that Silas taught the Philippian Jailer about baptism the night of the earthquake, and Paul was too timid to stand up to him and say "this is counter to the teaching of Grace"?

You mean to tell me that Paul's assistants taught the Corinthians about baptism in the 18th chapter of Acts, and Paul was too timid to stand up to them and say "this is counter to the teaching of Grace"? In fact a few of them were baptized by Paul personally, with many others baptized by his helpers.

You mean that Paul, in the 19th chapter of Acts, asked the disciples of John "how them were you baptized", then when his assistants started wading out into the water with them to re-baptize them, Paul was sitting there saying to himself "this isn't right, this isn't right... if only I had the nerve to tell them"?

Paul was in complete control on his missionary trips. Either he preached and taught it, or it didn't happen.
You simply neglect the FURTHER revelation that God gave Paul as his ministry continued.

You're not alone, most of you water people do that.

Nothing can be discussed with you because it ALWAYS ends up being about the water ceremony.

All of those types of rituals are what Paul calls "rudiments of the world".

Get over it; grow up; accept the gospel of the grace of God.

heir

TOL Subscriber
1 Peter 1:18-20
Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot: Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

Such hope! Such revealed grace!
Once again, a difference! They are waiting for grace to be brought unto them!

1 Peter 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

1 Peter 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

1 Peter 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

1 Peter 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

1 Peter 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

We're not waiting for grace to be brought unto us! We already have it (Epesians 2:4-9 KJV)!

SimpleMan77

Once again, you dodged it. You cannot show it written there as it was not known (Romans 16:25-27 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV)!

Here's what you can't find in scripture:

1. Anywhere Paul taught the doctrine of grace to Peter
2. Anywhere that Paul says the gospel of grace was hidden UNTIL REVEALED TO HIM. He said it was hidden for ages, but never that it was hidden after Calvary

The strongest thing you have going in your favor is that Paul used slightly different words to describe the same thing. He used the word "mystery", but turned around and said the Holy Ghost had revealed the mystery to the Apostles and Prophets, and that the mystery was preached using the scriptures of the prophets.

You're taking words that can be read in 10 minutes, and saying that, because you can't find the word "grace" or "mystery" in it (in the sum of Peter's recorded words up until Acts 15), that Paul had a new gospel. Peter probably preached thousands of messages during that time, and they would have been based on the gospel he articulated in 1 Pet 1:18-21

SimpleMan77

Once again, a difference! They are waiting for grace to be brought unto them!

1 Peter 1:9 Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.

1 Peter 1:10 Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

1 Peter 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

1 Peter 1:12 Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

1 Peter 1:13 Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ;

We're not waiting for grace to be brought unto us! We already have it (Epesians 2:4-9 KJV)!

Wrong!!! Paul said we currently have the down-payment of our inheritance. We'll receive the lump-sum of the riches of His grace when He returns!!

Ephesians 2:7
That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

SimpleMan77

Admit that what you said was there in Acts 2 or 3 isn't there; that your "same gospel" is made up. Then we will move on.

Admit that Paul agreed with Peter about coming grace...

That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Wrong!!! Paul said we currently have the down-payment of our inheritance. We'll receive the lump-sum of the riches of His grace when He returns!!

"by grace ye are saved" (Ephesians 3:5 KJV)/ "by grace are ye saved" (Ephesians 2:8 KJV) is a past tense/present possession of a salvation be grace. The saved member of the Body of Christ has it. I have it!

SimpleMan77

Acts realism vs MAD theoretics: Acts 16:3

"by grace ye are saved" (Ephesians 3:5 KJV)/ "by grace are ye saved" (Ephesians 2:8 KJV) is a past tense/present possession of a salvation be grace. The saved member of the Body of Christ has it. I have it!

Yep, we have the down payment of grace, which is sufficient to save us. The "exceeding riches of His grace" will be given to us when Jesus returns and throughout eternity.

heir

TOL Subscriber
In the ages to come God is going to shew the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us through Jesus Christ by saving us by grace through faith (the grace of verses 5 and 8)/ we who were the enemies of God (Romans 5:10 KJV). It has nothing to do with the 12!

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yep, we have the down payment of grace, which is sufficient to save us. The "exceeding riches of His grace" will be given to us when Jesus returns and throughout eternity.

We have a seal (the guarantee of our inheritance Ephesians 1:13-14 KJV). This is placed on us AFTER we have trusted the Lord believing the word of truth, the gospel of our salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV)/by which we "are saved" (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). You believe not (2 Corinthians 4:3-4 KJV).

SimpleMan77

In the ages to come God is going to shew the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us through Jesus Christ by saving us by grace through faith (the grace of verses 5 and 8)/ we who were the enemies of God (Romans 5:10 KJV). It has nothing to do with the 12!

His kindness and grace has provided for us to be changed into His likeness, and dwell with Him for eternity. Talk about a richness of grace not yet experienced!!!

Right Divider

Body part

As per usual, you do NOT understand the scripture.

The THING that comes is the SHOWING of the EXCEEDING RICHES of His grace and not the grace itself.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Since you believe that you are waiting to the end for a grace that should come unto you as Peter preached in 1 Peter 1:9-10 KJV you must also be waiting for the blotting out of sins as Peter preached (Acts 3:19-21 KJV). Poor you, unbeliever.

Those of us who have trusted the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV are saved! We are forgiven all trespasses (Colossians 2:13 KJV that's "forgiven" not "remission" waiting for their blotting out). We have now received the atonement (Romans 5:11 KJV)! It's a done deal (Ephesians 2:5-6 KJV)!

SimpleMan77

As per usual, you do NOT understand the scripture.

The THING that comes is the SHOWING of the EXCEEDING RICHES of His grace and not the grace itself.

Sorry, we don't get saved by grace here only to have something else be responsible for the fullness of our inheritance. Grace saved us from sin, grace shines upon us every step of the way, and His grace will present us to Him someday, spotless in His eyes.

SimpleMan77

Since you believe that you are waiting to the end for a grace that should come unto you as Peter preached in 1 Peter 1:9-10 KJV you must also be waiting for the blotting out of sins as Peter preached (Acts 3:19-21 KJV). Poor you, unbeliever.

Those of us who have trusted the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV are saved! We are forgiven all trespasses (Colossians 2:13 KJV that's "forgiven" not "remission" waiting for their blotting out). We have now received the atonement (Romans 5:11 KJV)! It's a done deal!

Are you really going to base your doctrine on a mistranslation by the King James translators and a timeline that you insert? The "when" is really translated as "that".

Repent, and be converted, so that your sins may be blotted out, and so that times of refreshing may come from the Father. Same message as Acts 2:38. Repent and have your sins remitted so you can receive the Holy Ghost.

He goes on to say that Jesus is coming again, although he didn't put a timeline on it. I think Christians in every generation have thought that it would be in their lifetimes, and Peter, at this time, probably thought it was going to be a lot sooner than 2000+ years.

What Peter preached is still true-you must repent, have your sins blotted out, and receive (and continue walk in and to be renewed in) the refreshing of the Holy Ghost. Then, no matter when he comes, you will be ready.

SimpleMan77

Those of us who have trusted the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV are saved! We are forgiven all trespasses (Colossians 2:13 KJV that's "forgiven" not "remission" waiting for their blotting out). We have now received the atonement (Romans 5:11 KJV)! It's a done deal (Ephesians 2:5-6 KJV)!

And, by the way, forgiveness and remission are the same thing. The only way we can be forgiven is because payment for our sin was remitted at Calvary.